• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wv0A0IX.gif

RagnarokX

The World Government really needs to reconsider CP9's budget. They spent all of these years undercover and now all they're going to do is strongarm him :p

Jintor

Yea, not going to lie but One Piece is best enjoyed in manga format.

I think conceivably if you stripped out all the fucking endless recaps the anime could be made more tolerable

i also wish the fucking episode titles didn't spoil the episodes every time

I think conceivably if you stripped out all the fucking endless recaps the anime could be made more tolerable

i don't really mind the recaps of this length, honestly. it's only later where it gets to be a problem.

Moaradin

Its four minutes in and the episode only just started :/

and it gets worse in later arcs? :(

There are some long ones yeah but that right there is usually the average. It's more of a combination of longer opening (because they stop doing endings later on), the little intro section and the recaps.

MikeMyers

I wonder if the DVDs have a marathon feature that automatically skips the OP-Recap-Ending-Previews? I know the season sets for DB/Z/GT do.

daveo42

Banned

At least you don't have to worry about shit filler arcs like Bleach and the pacing isn't nearly as bad as Naruto.
Still have to deal with a short pretty bad arc after the end of this one and a few filler right before the end to wind down the story.

The recaps don't get longer, but the OP ends up being 2 minutes 30 seconds AND there is a 30 second basic plot concept explanation. They avoid doing tons of flash backs in the episode ALA Naruto or Bleach and instead just give you a long recap each week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom