• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Guys, if you were head of programming for Toonami, what would your 11:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. line-up be?

Any anime of your choosing.

11.5: Hunter x Hunter
12: One Piece
12.5: One Piece
1: InuYasha: The Final Act
1.5: Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
2: Gurren Lagann
2.5: Durarara!!
3: Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals
3.5: .hack//SIGN
4: Rurouni Kenshin
4.5: YuYu Hakasho
5: InuYasha
5.5: InuYasha

Man God

Non-Canon Member
11.5: Hunter x Hunter
12: One Piece
12.5: One Piece
1: InuYasha: The Final Act
1.5: Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
2: Gurren Lagann
2.5: Durarara!!
3: Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals
3.5: .hack//SIGN
4: Rurouni Kenshin
4.5: YuYu Hakasho
5: InuYasha
5.5: InuYasha

Needs more E7.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
My issues with the finale of BONES eater:

-Asura's mumbling about not being evil made no sense. His goal was to basically spread madness and insanity through the world. I mean that's kind of a boring motivation to begin with, but any attempt to add ambiguity to the character was clumsy and unbelievable
-All the rest of the protagonists were useless in the final confrontation, and Black Star was defeated off-screen even. Yeah, I suppose setting up a final showdown between the primary protagonist and antagonist is to be expected, but again, it didn't feel like the narrative progressed there genuinely.
-Crona's arc ended without any satisfaction at all.
-Arachne pretty much did nothing, and lol Mosquito and chainsaw guy were basically forgotten about. Mifune at least had something resembling a conclusion.
-Asura went from seemingly unbeatable to a wimp because of nonsense.
-Why was Maka being introduced as part weapon even a thing? It didn't lead to anything, it was never hinted at, came out of nowhere, and ultimately pointless.

And other things, like the lack of feeling threatened because the protagonists always ended up fine, even after selfless moves.

Maka's dad being a weapon and her mom being human meant they could pull that she is half weapon off without having something to really hint at it I havent read too far into the manga but if it ever happens in it, I wouldnt be surprised

First I'd extend it to 11 pm through magic and it would be
Space Dandy
Sailor Moon Crystal
Attack on Titan
One Piece
Something new and short (13-26 eps)
something new and short (13-26 eps)
Dragon Ball Z Kai
Naruto
Gurren Langann
G Gundam
Samurai Jack
Symbiotic Titan
Double Inuyasha

TOTALLY FORGOT HUNTER X HUNTER LIST REWORKED

Hunter x Hunter
Space Dandy
Attack on Titan
Kill La Kill
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Magi
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Samurai Jack
Megas XLR
InuYasha/Final Act
Trigun

Jafku

TOTALLY FORGOT HUNTER X HUNTER LIST REWORKED

Hunter x Hunter
Space Dandy
Attack on Titan
Kill La Kill
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Magi
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Samurai Jack
Megas XLR
InuYasha/Final Act
Trigun
Ive never seen hunterxhunter. Is it good?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so this is my first time watching any of this stand alone complex stuff

let's see if it's any good

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If we could extend the block to 11 I'd definitely put Hunter x Hunter there and then Sailor Moon Crystal at 11:30.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, if you were head of programming for Toonami, what would your 11:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. line-up be?

11:30 - The Qwaser of Stigmata
12:00 - Queen's Blade
12:30 - La Blue Girl
1:00 - Night Shift Nurses
1:30 - Boku no Pico
2:00 - Bible Black
2:30 - Words Worth
3:00 - Kiss X Sis
3:30 - Immoral Sisters
4:00 - Cream Lemon
4:30 - The Duchess of Busty Mounds
5:00 - Please Rape Me!
5:30 - Inuyasha

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

I like your style bro

Squalor

Hahahaha, that hentai, though.

Welcome to Adult Adult Swim's Toonami block.

What is this?

I dare you to google it.

Synopsis from My Anime List, spoiler tag because not safe for work or life

From the makers of Euphoria and Eroge! Hentai mo Game mo Kaihatsu Zanmai, is CLOCKUP's and Collaboration Works' Please Rape Me!

Hosaka Ippei is your average Japanese yuppie who works at a rental video shop. He has a wide collection of erotic mangas and hentai at home, all of which are of the rape genre. He is fond of rape and his lifelong dream is to actually rape a woman.

Everyday, after his work at the video shop, he goes home through a dark park not because he wants to unwind after a long day, but to get a chance to see a woman getting raped. He stumbles upon Sari, a mysterious loli wearing unorthodox clothing. He takes this chance to rape a woman but his imagination of raping her arouses him too much and ends up ejaculating on her. As Sari wakes up, Ippei's punishment is to let her live with him. Ippei agrees and thinks that this is the perfect opportunity to get free sex.

The next day, a girl visits the shop wher Ippei works and asks to be a member. Ippei recognizes her as his high school classmate, Yuuma Chidori. Sari tells him that she secretly has a rape fetish and encourages him to rape Yuuma.

Yuuma asks Ippei out for a date and Ippei takes his chance to rape his high school crush and fulfill his dream of making her say "Please Rape Me!".

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Of course InuYasha keeps its place.
KuGsj.gif

I dunno, it really doesn't feel like an AS anime block without InuYasha at 5/5:30.

I remember watching this show when I was much younger and thinking that this show had too much talking and not enough action.

Now that I'm older I can really appreciate this show.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Synopsis from My Anime List, spoiler tag because not safe for work or life

From the makers of Euphoria and Eroge! Hentai mo Game mo Kaihatsu Zanmai, is CLOCKUP's and Collaboration Works' Please Rape Me!

Hosaka Ippei is your average Japanese yuppie who works at a rental video shop. He has a wide collection of erotic mangas and hentai at home, all of which are of the rape genre. He is fond of rape and his lifelong dream is to actually rape a woman.

Everyday, after his work at the video shop, he goes home through a dark park not because he wants to unwind after a long day, but to get a chance to see a woman getting raped. He stumbles upon Sari, a mysterious loli wearing unorthodox clothing. He takes this chance to rape a woman but his imagination of raping her arouses him too much and ends up ejaculating on her. As Sari wakes up, Ippei's punishment is to let her live with him. Ippei agrees and thinks that this is the perfect opportunity to get free sex.

The next day, a girl visits the shop wher Ippei works and asks to be a member. Ippei recognizes her as his high school classmate, Yuuma Chidori. Sari tells him that she secretly has a rape fetish and encourages him to rape Yuuma.

Yuuma asks Ippei out for a date and Ippei takes his chance to rape his high school crush and fulfill his dream of making her say "Please Rape Me!".

wat?

Crocodile

so this is my first time watching any of this stand alone complex stuff

let's see if it's any good

It's a great show but its hard to get into at 3 in the morning and I dunno how much you're going to get out of it just jumping into the middle of the season. Not every episode ties into the larger plot but I personally still think the show works best in order.

ReiGun

I would use the same dark magicks as Dr.Palutena to extend to 11 and go like:

11 - 12: Space Dandy, Naruto: Shippuden
12 - 1: One Piece, Inuyasha: Final Act (after it ends, replaced with the new Sailor Moon)
1 - 2: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Hunter x Hunter
2 - 3: Hajime no Ippo, Yu Yu Hakusho
3 - 4: Megas XLR, Samurai Jack
4 - 5: Full Metal Alchemist (cause it's never leaving), Rurouni Kenshin
5 - 6: Bleach (cause not even the most hardcore Bleach fan wants to see the Fullbring Arc)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Stop teasing me filler team :(

She deserves the win :(

I would use the same dark magicks as Dr.Palutena to extend to 11 and go like:

11 - 12: Space Dandy, Naruto: Shippuden
12 - 1: One Piece, Inuyasha: Final Act (replaced with the new Sailor Moon when it ends)
1 - 2: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Hunter x Hunter
2 - 3: Hajime no Ippo, Yu Yu Hakusho
3 - 4: Megas XLR, Samurai Jack
4 - 5: Full Metal Alchemist (cause it's never leaving), Rurouni Kenshin
5 - 6: Bleach (cause not even the most hardcore Bleach fan wants to see the Fullbring Arc)

Replace Kenshin with FMP and you've got my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom