• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You monsters keep watching InuYasha when I'm at work, InuYasha GAF is dead to me

DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

skmoxge.jpg

Guys, if you were head of programming for Toonami, what would your 11:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. line-up be?

Any anime of your choosing.

11:30 - Attack on Titan
12:00 - Hunter X Hunter
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
1:00 - Kill La Kill
1:30 - Sailor Moon Crystal
2:00 - SAO S2
2:30 - Bleach
3:00 - Shippuden
3:30 - One Piece
4:00 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
4:30 - Code Geass
5:00 - DBZ
5:30 - Inuyasha

I'm kind of expecting FMA:B to be dropped soon for Attack on Titan so that Space Dandy can slide down to 2:30 and AoT can take over the 11:30 slot

Man God

Non-Canon Member
IGPX is the worst of those four but I have no interest in early FMAB at all and have seen Jack a ton. Meanwhile Clone Wars keeps getting better. My opinion will flip if IGPX continues because FMA will be good by then.

Squalor

Every single Brotherhood opening song was incredible . . . except the third.

Anyway, the research and attention to detail that went into the philosophy and presentation of alchemy in the show is one of the most impressive aspects of anything I've ever seen in an anime.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It's a great show but its hard to get into at 3 in the morning and I dunno how much you're going to get out of it just jumping into the middle of the season. Not every episode ties into the larger plot but I personally still think the show works best in order.

I thought it was boring in the beginning but it ended up alright. I'd watch this some more.

Is the show on anybody's website or streaming service? I'd prefer to stick with the dub if possible.

Every single Brotherhood opening song was incredible . . . except the third.

Anyway, the research and attention to detail that went into the philosophy and presentation of alchemy in the show is one of the most impressive aspects of anything I've ever seen in an anime.

There is a reason I put this series in my top 5 best series ever, it's infinitely rewatchable and always amazing

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so what's the difference between Alchemist and Brotherhood? one's like a remake, right?

Squalor

I thought it was boring in the beginning but it ended up alright. I'd watch this some more.

Is the show on anybody's website or streaming service? I'd prefer to stick with the dub if possible.
If you Google "Stand Alone Complex online" the first result is a site with the entire series dubbed.
so what's the difference between Alchemist and Brotherhood? one's like a remake, right?
Brotherhood follows the manga.

The manga was slow. It took nine years to release 105 chapters.

When Full Metal Alchemist started in 2003, the manga had only been around for two years, so there was no way to follow it for too long.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

FMA diverges from the source material about half way through and is worse off for it.

FMA:B follows the source material and is god-tier for it.

I'm still curious to watch 2003 even with Bass dislike towards it.

Don't. You can't go back after the greatness that is Brotherhood without being severely disappointed.

Seda

Even though the beginning episodes of Brotherhood are pretty rushed, and I really liked how this little part was dealt in FMA 03, I think it still works well for being fit into this one episode.

Even though the beginning episodes of Brotherhood are pretty rushed, and I really liked how this little part was dealt in FMA 03, I think it still works well for being fit into this one episode.

The funny thing is this is the first decently paced episode as it's the first one that is 1:1 which is one to one manga to anime, this is basically scene for scene word for word from the manga chapter of the same name

Squalor

That "dog tired" pun, though, haha.

I don't hate on either Full Metal Alchemist. They're both amazing.

Ed was too beast in the original anime, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom