• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Soul Eater 1 - 37 (Through the Retrieval of Brew)

joel-banderas.gif

BONES Eater

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

BONES Eater Ending

panda-rage-2-o.gif

FUCK YOU BONES WRITERS >_<

ckohler

I only know bits and pieces I've read up on, but some of the things that stuck out were (some pretty big things, I should warn before anyone clicks on them)...

....snip....

Things like that.

The stuff with
Kim
is some of my favorite stuff from the manga. She's such a cool character in the manga. I love her
witch identity
. She also has more backstory in Soul Eater NOT.

Squalor

Guys, if you were head of programming for Toonami, what would your 11:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. line-up be?

Any anime of your choosing.

Ultratech

Welp, looks like bravery got that dude killed.

Not quite what it's cracked up to be.

(Plus, full Bravery means healing works LESS effective on you!!!)

I never understood not being able to swim, it always came so naturally to me as a kid

For the longest time, all I could was Doggy Paddle.

I never learned how to swim "properly" until much later.

Hilariously, I can swim backwards akin to an odd backstroke variation only in a sitting position.

Seda

My issues with the finale of BONES eater:

-Asura's mumbling about not being evil made no sense. His goal was to basically spread madness and insanity through the world. I mean that's kind of a boring motivation to begin with, but any attempt to add ambiguity to the character was clumsy and unbelievable
-All the rest of the protagonists were useless in the final confrontation, and Black Star was defeated off-screen even. Yeah, I suppose setting up a final showdown between the primary protagonist and antagonist is to be expected, but again, it didn't feel like the narrative progressed there genuinely.
-Crona's arc ended without any satisfaction at all.
-Arachne pretty much did nothing, and lol Mosquito and chainsaw guy were basically forgotten about. Mifune at least had something resembling a conclusion.
-Asura went from seemingly unbeatable to a wimp because of nonsense.
-Why was Maka being introduced as part weapon even a thing? It didn't lead to anything, it was never hinted at, came out of nowhere, and ultimately pointless.

And other things, like the lack of feeling threatened because the protagonists always ended up fine, even after selfless moves.

Guys, if you were head of programming for Toonami, what would your 11:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. line-up be?

Any anime including shows that aren't dubbed yet?

Space Dandy
Kill La Kill
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Magi
Samurai Jack
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Megas XLR
Yu Gi Oh
Attack on Titan
G Gundam/Outlaw Star/Trigun

Jafku

11:30 space dandy
12:00 Gundam Wing
12:30 Yu Yu Hakusho
1:00 One Piece
1:30 FLCL
2:00 Cowboy Bebop
2:30 Ghost in the Shell
3:00 Naruto
3:30 Big O
4:00 Inuyasha
4:30 Inuyasha
5:00 FMA
5:30 Symbionic Titan

Also for my list I was trying to put a nice balance of things, if I was going to make a personal list of my favorite anime this list would look way different lol

Squalor

I am so upset Inuyasha is gone.

I was already annoyed they cut it down to one episode a night, anyway.

At least the series is free on VIZ's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom