• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

By the way, I asked Demarco's ask.fm if Black Lagoon would have bleeps, he said that it would.

I mean, that's what was expected, but I wanted to ask anyway - I was wondering if they'd somehow otherwise edit/mute lines.

Squalor

By the way, I asked Demarco's ask.fm if Black Lagoon would have bleeps, he said that it would.

I mean, that's what was expected, but I wanted to ask anyway - I was wondering if they'd somehow otherwise edit/mute lines.
Can Toonami get away with "shit"?

Comedy Central does.

I imagine they'll either announce a repeat of s1 of dandy (if s2 is this summer) or maybe they'll drop fma:b and shuffle the line up so that space dandy s1 repeats at like 2:30 after black lagoon and aot goes at 11:30. I really would be shocked if at the end of this month there is no info on AoT airing somewhere on TV

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Be working in the kitchen of a old folk's home, washing the dishes, cleaning the ovens, setting up the dinner table, and on rare occasions helping them cook.

Sounds better than what Bass or I are doing. Well, I was doing it until I quit. You can only find poop in a fitting room so many times...

Sounds better than what Bass or I are doing. Well, I was doing it until I quit. You can only find poop in a fitting room so many times...

Honestly I'm really happy working in electronics, the occasional "will this work if I send it to my country" question aside its pretty damn easy and I get to talk to people about tvs, games, movies, etc all day.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Happy Birthday BTW! And just to totally not leave the conversation hanging...

As far as OP goes, that's fair enough. Though to be fair, the only real way to experience OP is through the manga. The chapters move pretty quickly and are packed full of stuff. As good as the anime can be, it doesn't really do the story a whole lot of justice. Bass and pretty much everyone who reads it can back me up on this.

I'll have to give it an honest try one day, but I don't think the manga shifts will really change my feelings on what I dislike with OP much. Though with my like of Manga art, I'm probably more likely to overlook issues because the DRAWING LOOK SO COOL, sooo...

I still hold that there is a demand for well put together shows and movies. The problem can be two-fold though. First it takes a fair amount of skill to create such a work, not everyone is able to do so. Second the business side always wants a hit and won't always wait for a series to take off, if it doesn't do well early on then it'll probably get cancelled. I think that's part of why we get series the way we do, it's both much easier and much cheaper to make.

I just think after a while, it has an effect on the expectations of the masses. As is to say, the definition of what's "well put together" isn't really consistent with the buying audience.

I hate reading opinions of newer fans looking at classic anime I love, with them finding things cheesy, relics of the past, or too "poorly drawn" to watch, because everything isn't as mechanically precise as computer-draw animation tends to be. And then you see them label something I'd find as much interior as being better in every way... because it has what they're grown to see as good.

I guess "Quality is subjective" just sums all that up, haha.

I'll be sure to give it my all.

I'm sure you gave them your long tenure at ToonamiGaf LLC. as a reference, no? If so, I'm sure you've got the job! None can resist the quick wits, bosterious reactions, and illustrious and rich history fostered within these four
um
walls!

As someone who experienced OP first in anime format and got so addicted I ended up marathoning the whole (at the time) 550ish episodes in 6 weeks I feel it can be just as amazing either format. The animes pacing problems aren't as noticeable when marathoning vs when watching weekly though I do feel like enough happens in terms of action or information right now that it isn't a problem. Last weeks episode was an info dump yes, but when we get to the major fights with cp9 and we can cut out 90% of the power explanations as we already devoted an episode to it and don't need it repeated.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also the manga can be so dense with how draw droppingly detailed each page can be in One Piece its honestly best to read the manga and then watch the episode when it happens. There's tons and tons of little details that your brain will have a hard time processing if you just read the manga.

0a8db004325683bc9795df29993e46f11322524300_full.gif

bigkrev

Honestly I'm really happy working in electronics, the occasional "will this work if I send it to my country" question aside its pretty damn easy and I get to talk to people about tvs, games, movies, etc all day.

This stems partially from me being neurotic, and partially from the fact that my Mom and Dad have been at their same jobs since they graduated college, but i've always been terrified of falling into that kind of situation. I'm always afraid I'll come to enjoy it and never look to broaden my horizons, and basically be the guy from 40 Year Old Virgin (
well, minus the virgin part, but you get the point)
). I wish I could be 10% less of a worrywart, and maybe 20% happier in my own skin- I fear my ambitions will be the end of me at some point

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I got a job offer. Started working and got laid off in 2 months. =/

Proceeded to find a more fun job and win an Xbox One. lol.

You watched 550 episodes in 6 weeks? That's like 13 episodes a day.

I was also working full time my days looked something like this

5am wake up head to work
6am-2pm work
2:30pm bath and watch an episode of op (did this more to soak my feet then actually wash myself)
3-6pm watch one piece
6-7 make/eat dinner while watching one piece
7-11/midnight watch one piece

Was doing somewhere between 15-25 episodes a day. I don't recommend anyone do this ever as it was incredibly unhealthy

This stems partially from me being neurotic, and partially from the fact that my Mom and Dad have been at their same jobs since they graduated college, but i've always been terrified of falling into that kind of situation. I'm always afraid I'll come to enjoy it and never look to broaden my horizons, and basically be the guy from 40 Year Old Virgin (
well, minus the virgin part, but you get the point)
). I wish I could be 10% less of a worrywart, and maybe 20% happier in my own skin- I fear my ambitions will be the end of me at some point

Well I'm more then half way to that 40 year virgin mark <_<

And honestly as someone who wants to be a teacher I had always planned to have a night/summer job and wal-mart gives really nice benefits and flexible hours that its perfect for what I want to do

MikeMyers

5am wake up head to work
6am-2pm work
2:30pm bath and watch an episode of op (did this more to soak my feet then actually wash myself)
3-6pm watch one piece

Was doing somewhere between 15-25 episodes a day. I don't recommend anyone do this ever as it was incredibly unhealthy

Damn, that's intense. I don't think I could pull that off with any cartoon, I feel like I'd lose a sense of reality.

daveo42

Banned

5am wake up head to work
6am-2pm work
3-6pm watch one piece

I did something similar in my 20s, though it was only during the Water 7 arc and I spent most of my days off just watching One Piece. Maybe took 2 weeks start to finish, which is about 130 episodes.

Tending towards marathoning shows doesn't lend to much time for anything else. That's one big reason why I haven't started a few really good shows. I'd do nothing at all but watch it until I either caught up or finish.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
At this point, the "best" way to view One Piece is in blocks. The DVDs seem to manage it well.

Of course there's always the manga. That's easier to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom