• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

Nielsen just emailed me to request a phone interview. I'm one step closer to being able to smudge the toonami ratings.

Woop woop!

Guess who just got hired full time in walmarts electronics department? This guy

tumblr_inline_n0et4h2JkM1r3l8vl.gif

Amikami

Banned
I remember when my household was visited by Neilson to be one of their families. My Mom declined. I told her it would be cool. "We don't have time for that crap." And I was like. "Eh. Fine."If I had known toonami was coming back I would have tried harder to convince her to do it.
KuGsj.gif
Fulfill what I failed to do Messiah. It's now on your shoulders.

Congrats Bass!

Nielsen just emailed me to request a phone interview. I'm one step closer to being able to smudge the toonami ratings.
Speaking of Nielsen, does anyone know how the twitter "ratings" or what not are doing? Toonami is consistently on the worldwide trending tags but does that translate to actual ratings?

daveo42

Banned
Speaking of Nielsen, does anyone know how the twitter "ratings" or what not are doing? Toonami is consistently on the worldwide trending tags but does that translate to actual ratings?

That's based on the number of times it's mentioned by Twitter users. Just tweeting it enough gets it on the list, but doesn't count 1-to-1 with TV ratings.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
em8C7ck.jpg

5 more weeks. Would have had an entire year on Toonami. It was only skipped twice during that entire airing but it also played twice to run the finale of the first run all together.

What will replace this show? I'll take anything except Thundercats reboot (it won't be Tcats reboot)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
em8C7ck.jpg

5 more weeks. Would have had an entire year on Toonami. It was only skipped twice during that entire airing but it also played twice to run the finale of the first run all together.

What will replace this show? I'll take anything except Thundercats reboot (it won't be Tcats reboot)

I'm hoping they move Naruto back and give us FMP or Level E, preferably the latter so I can see the reactions. Both are Funi, either one would fit on the block and both have good word of mouth.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FMP would have me swooning. Get GTO (never) or G Gundam (not happening) and I'll start crying with joy and posting gifs Andrex style.

Other good potentially cheap Funimation shows they could get are Kenichi, Outlaw Star (which is being re-released this year), Trigun.

I think it's likely to either be Outlaw Star (which was named dropped in one of the monthly Q+A's recently, always a good sign) Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha coming back (also because of Demarco's words) IGPX rerun, or possibly doubling up of Clone Wars.

Tenumi

Banned
I personally kind of doubt we'll get anything new until one of Bleach, Blue Exorcist, or Black Lagoon ends, whichever is first.

I've been wrong before, though, so....

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really doubt they will run IGPX again unless they aren't willing to spend any money whatsoever.

Even then, double up on clone wars. Anything but more IGPX. I won't ever abandon the 6.5 hour challenge but I'll seriously consider picking up the 3DS more during those 20 minutes.

I think there is a possibility of getting Big O S1 assuming IGPX doesn't just repeat again, Funimation finally saved the rights to S1 and they already have the rights to S2.

daveo42

Banned
Big O S2 replacement seems about right to fill in that spot. I'd love for Trigun to air, but I can't see that happening. Such a good show.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Big O S2 replacement seems about right to fill in that spot. I'd love for Trigun to air, but I can't see that happening. Such a good show.

If it's something like Trigun or Outlaw Star it'll go up around where Naruto is and everything will slide down half an hour. Bebop or Big O would just go more or less in IGPX's current slot, give or take an hour or so.

daveo42

Banned
Yeah you're right

Fuck

Well...what else could go in there then that could actually fill that role? I really don't want IGPX again because it kills momentum.

I guess we could add another episode of Jack or bring back Bebop, though Bebop probably deserves to be higher.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well...what else could go in there then that could actually fill that role? I really don't want IGPX again because it kills momentum.

I guess we could add another episode of Jack or bring back Bebop, though Bebop probably deserves to be higher.

They could push back Naruto and throw something in it's slot.

I feel like Naruto won't move just because it's a built it "premier" in a year time, though I would be very happy if it did. 4:30 is pretty much the death spot so I imagine the only shows we'll see there are things Adult Swim/Toonami owns like IGPX, Big O S2, maybe Space Dandy in the future.

Edit: I didn't even know/care who Mako was until that Nosalgia Critic top 11 fuck ups where I learned apparently his die hard fans attacked NC for making fun of Mako's performence as Splinter in the CG TMNT film
and he did sound like Mister Miyagi after smoking a million Marlborough

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I did post that TTGL gif so much around the beginning of the year that people told me to stop...

I guess they didn't find it funny that I'd use it to say goodbye or goodnight and then immediately post something five minutes later.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I can't believe all these (wrong) suggestions I'm hearing. There can be only one.

tumblr_n2jm5h4fH61scx3cto1_500.gif

tumblr_n2jm5h4fH61scx3cto2_500.gif

The only other correct option...

tumblr_n1s6lwTx6j1s64gw9o1_500.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Actually, there is one more option...

tumblr_mu935gmAc91rnw92mo1_500.gif

tumblr_mu935gmAc91rnw92mo2_500.gif

tumblr_mu935gmAc91rnw92mo3_500.gif

Last episode was really damn awesome.

"So you came, after all. The miracle born from this world... The one who can later become a great king... The life that should be despised above all! The First-class Singularity, King Sinbad!!

bigkrev

Twitter doesn't mean anything. As a wrestling fan (thus, someone who cares way too much about raitings), there have been segments that have trended worldwide and been the lowest rated quarter of the show countless times

Moaradin

Magi first season is pretty standard shonen stuff. Enjoyable, but nothing amazing. Kinda like how Blue Exorcist is right now. Second season is pretty great though.

Gurren Lagann and Hunter x Hunter(whenever it gets a dub) needs to be on Toonami eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom