• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squalor

Wolf's Rain was such an odd anime.

I watched it every week when it was on Toonami, and, in hindsight, I'm not even sure I liked it, but I know I didn't dislike it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
UJmhGPG.gif

Squalor

No they weren't.
Gundam Seed would end at 22:30, and then Wolf's Rain came on at 23:00 to start the Adult Swim block, which was mostly anime (Case Closed, Witch Hunter Robin, and, I think, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex), so, yeah, that's pretty synonymous, one anime block right after the other.
Some weird gaming side drama apparently happened.
Are you referring to the drama an "insider" started in the Uncharted thread about the former director of Drive Club?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The TOONAMI this thread is based on is 90% the original Adult Swim Action block that originated on Saturday nights. The other 10% is the TOONAMI Midnight Run.

Didn't help the time slot it had was rather late (like, 2 AM?). I think 1/2 the episodes I watched, I couldn't stay awake so I had to DVR it or I already had it recording & I fell asleep..

lol tell me about it. I was still in High School when that aired and I didn't have the kind of tolerance to a lack of sleep like I do now in College. I remember watching a eps at the beginning and closing my eyes for a sec and suddenly the credits are airing. The whole production was just so monotonous.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's beautiful and has a great soundtrack but yes, it is Insomnia cure the tv show.

Blue Sub No 6 also has that power.

Adult Swim has an old Saturday schedule on their website for April 1 for some reason. DeMarco also said on his ask.fm that "we have something planned" (though that could have meant Adult Swim in general). could be nothing but i thought it was worth pointing out.

Squalor

Adult Swim has an old Saturday schedule on their website for April 1 for some reason. DeMarco also said on his ask.fm that "we have something planned" (though that could have meant Adult Swim in general). could be nothing but i thought it was worth pointing out.
April Fools?

Adult Swim always does something.

It's now a normal schedule.

Tamanon

Banned
Gaming side isn't bad as long as you don't get bogged down in the gossippy bullshit people seem to love there. #1 rule for avoiding bans, and only one you need to ever know. "Don't be an asshole"

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So, there is some shit going on in ye olde gaming side, with tons of people being banned, including Famousmortimer. So much that I can't read the whole thread, or understand exactly what is going on, but I believe I have found the single greatest post in Neogaf history.

They really need to just shut down the Neogaf Shit Post twitter account after this one
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106150466&postcount=2344

Mortimer asserted that some guy from ND left for selfish reasons, but the dude signed up for GAF and basically said he left cause the office is like 400 miles away and his four year old son has a neurological disorder. Cue Mortimer tweeting a smarmy tweet about quitting being a GAF "insider." Evilore shows up and makes his "retirement" official by permabanning him.

This comes on the back of Mortimer starting an $8000 IndieGoGo campaign to start a new site that "kicks the ass of current games journalism" and you have the makings of an irony sundae.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know he proved himself a few times but some of his insider info especially on the Vita front was sketchy at best.

No reason to ever be snarky when you're corrected like that.

Jintor

I freaked out for a moment and thought you were talking about LionelMandrake.

I don't think I could live without his gaf drama sumups

daveo42

Banned
I know he proved himself a few times but some of his insider info especially on the Vita front was sketchy at best.

No reason to ever be snarky when you're corrected like that.

He did have some good info truth be told, but the reaction was way over the top. Dude, sometimes your sources are wrong or you don't have enough to validate. I know that in actual journalism you need several sources to corroborate a story before publishing and that gaming journalists tend to bend that rule a ton, you should still check to make sure your info is reliable and can be back up by people very close to the situation.

If you fuck up, you bow our gracefully because you fucked up. If that info was published in a paper or magazine, it absolutely ends up in a civil court case. He's just lucky it was posted on an internet forum and not in print.

Squalor

Mortimer asserted that some guy from ND left for selfish reasons, but the dude signed up for GAF and basically said he left cause the office is like 400 miles away and his four year old son has a neurological disorder.
Col Rodgers did not work for Naughty Dog.

He worked for Evolution Studios where he was the lead designer for Drive Club.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He did have some good info truth be told, but the reaction was way over the top. Dude, sometimes your sources are wrong or you don't have enough to validate. I know that in actual journalism you need several sources to corroborate a story before publishing and that gaming journalists tend to bend that rule a ton, you should still check to make sure your info is reliable and can be back up by people very close to the situation.

If you fuck up, you bow our gracefully because you fucked up. If that info was published in a paper or magazine, it absolutely ends up in a civil court case. He's just lucky it was posted on an internet forum and not in print.

A newspaper or magazine would never have published it. Even if he had more than one source it's just a risk that wouldn't be worth taking. At the very most, if they were to publish it, they would be very sure to label it as a rumor and nothing more.

Too damn busy in the summer playing FF V. I might watch Bleach while doing it.

That's actually a good idea, it's not like I need to pay too much attention to FFV a great deal of that game is auto pilot unless I get something terrible.

I never did finish my run last year, got a chemist and threw mix on everyone and got bored :( Chemist are OP but they're just not fun to play with

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hilarious part of Chemists using fiesta rules; the worst character on your team is often the actual Chemist as they have to put on Mix just like everyone else and have low stats all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom