• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
These would make great desktop backgrounds.

tumblr_n1zbkxK25D1qmf2s5o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1zbkxK25D1qmf2s5o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1zbkxK25D1qmf2s5o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1zbkxK25D1qmf2s5o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1zbkxK25D1qmf2s5o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1zbkxK25D1qmf2s5o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1zbkxK25D1qmf2s5o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1zbkxK25D1qmf2s5o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1zbkxK25D1qmf2s5o9_1280.jpg

MikeMyers

I really want the new sailor moon, if they have to work their budget for anything it needs to be that .

The manga is 52 chapters, so if you adapt every chapter into an episode and add a recap episode beginning of each sequel season - you'll get 56 episodes. I'd probably add a Sailor V OVA too.

Oh, and the chapters have enough muscle to be paced at 1:1 ratio, unlike what we currently have with Shippuden.

Not sure you guys are interested in a 3rd crack at this concept but here goes nothing.
2000s Cartoons thread
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779960

I want to participate, but I'm still feeling wary after how the toonami survivor thread went down and how recently that all was. Maybe I'll feel better later today or something and pop in. The cumulative voting might help with the previous issues.

On a different note: The whole time I was watching Dandy last saturday I was thinking to myself: "This would probably be tremendous while high..."

I've never partaken in drugs or gotten high, so I am just kinda assuming there, but the whole episode seemed to really be trippy, soothing and relaxed. There is a show on Adult Swim that frequently airs around 4-ish in the morning (eastern) called "Off the air" I believe. Most of the times I've caught it, it has just been what I have to imagine is "stoner television". Lots of surreal animation or videos with lots of crazy colors and trippy music. Whole thing is crazy.

Edit: Though I did see this music video with Gary Numan in it on that show. When I think Gary Numan, I think 80s music like Cars and what have you. It was (pleasantly) surprising to me to see him doing a song like this and I dug it. I don't usually like to rag on people for how they dress, especially when I'm pretty lax compared to what a lot of people my age (late 20s) like to wear as they feel they need to wear more "adult" clothing, but homie is in his 50s and still dressing like a teenager. I'm happy if it makes him happy.

daveo42

Banned

We are Big Deez Productions, a team of video game industry professionals that comes from legendary projects like HALO, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Alan Wake, Spec Ops: The Line, Battlefield, Killzone, Max Payne, Duke Nukem, and many other huge franchises.

the janitor for the halo team

the mailboy for street fighter

the caterer for final fantasy

the QA kid for Alan Wake

the assistant secretary for the caterer for Spec Ops

the email grammar checker for the secretary for Battlefield

the guy who repaired a PC that was later sold to the Killzone team

the person who did the floral arrangements at the Max Payne dev office

the project lead for Duke Nukem Forever

Best part of that entire thread.

"Company" name reminds me of a kiosk in the Annapolis Mall when I was in high school called "Dee's Nuts". Woman named Dee, selling different kinds of nuts. Simple enough.

God we got mileage out of that shit. Every time you give someone direction "Well you need to head past Dee's nuts..."

So one of the game play bullet points there is that there will be a power up for every nickname shaq has ever had, which made me wonder how many that could possibly be so I googled it and :

1) Why does google seem to have a specific algorithm and database for celebrity nicknames ?
2) Why does Shaquille O'Neal have 36 nicknames (that based on google with what I assume are tons more) ?!

bigkrev

So one of the game play bullet points there is that there will be a power up for every nickname shaq has ever had, which made me wonder how many that could possibly be so I googled it and :

1) Why does google seem to have a specific algorithm and database for celebrity nicknames ?
2) Why does Shaquille O'Neal have 36 nicknames (that based on google with what I assume are tons more) ?!

Shaq has a lot of nicknames.... and he constantly likes coming up with new ones for himself.

Also, the NBA is really weird if you are not deeply following it. By far the strangest of the 4 major sports

Also, I really hope he has a win quote where he asks how his ass tastes

Not enough Kazaam or Steel realted nicknames.

Levyne

Banned
I don't even get half of that list. Where in the world did these nicknames come from anyway?

From watching NBA on TNT sometimes, he just comes up with them on the spot at random, it seems. Seems like the internet collective just keeps track.

daveo42

Banned
From watching NBA on TNT sometimes, he just comes up with them on the spot at random, it seems. Seems like the internet collective just keeps track.

Shaq comes up with them himself? Those aren't nicknames at all then. Someone has to give you the nickname for it to count.

Edit: The fine doctor beat me to it by like...forever.

As Palu said...you simply can't do that. Come up with nicknames for yourself? Naw that ain't right.

Unacceptable. I want to see a list where ones he came up with himself aren't included. Those don't count. I bet you that pretty much leaves him with Shaq and maybe one or two others.

Shaq comes up with them himself? Those aren't nicknames at all then. Someone has to give you the nickname for it to count.

A guy on twitter told me not to question 7' 1" 350 pound basketball players ....so uh the nickname rule can be omitted this time (I really don't wanna be put on top of a fridge and never let down ...never again ;-;)

The fridge thing is how tall people instill fear ,it is known . Also more on topic uh today is my day to start watching anime for the week, hope crunchyroll gets klk up timely and then I likely will watched dubbed dragon ball. One piece (from the start) and uh other stuff like Pokemon with my girlfriend

Raxus

KlK NEVER goes up in a timely manner. It has been delayed 6-7/times for the last episodes sans one exception.

I am watching some Dark Souls 2 streams and Kappa'ing the hell out of people playing.

daveo42

Banned
I only care if KLK is up by 11pm EST since that's the earliest I can watch it on Thursdays. I'm at the local arcade every Thursday night until fairly late. Even then, there have been nights where Crunchy hasn't updated until close to 1am.

TheChits

KlK NEVER goes up in a timely manner. It has been delayed 6-7/times for the last episodes sans one exception.

I am watching some Dark Souls 2 streams and Kappa'ing the hell out of people playing.

Yeah the delays have been grinding my gears. At least Siglemic is streaming to help pass the time

MikeMyers

The fridge thing is how tall people instill fear ,it is known . Also more on topic uh today is my day to start watching anime for the week, hope crunchyroll gets klk up timely and then I likely will watched dubbed dragon ball. One piece (from the start) and uh other stuff like Pokemon with my girlfriend

Someone bought me all of DB for my bday actually. I've been rewatching the Pilaf arc subtitled.

daveo42

Banned
You have a local arcade ?! There is an awesome arcade at the bowling alley back home but otherwise I can't believe there's an arcade

It's near downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. You pay a flat fee to get in for the entire day. Normal days are $10 for all you can play. Thursday is Fight Night and you can get in for $5. You can even get a month pass for $30.

Everything is on free play and includes a few pinball machines, a MAME cabinet with a ton of games on it, and TVs set up for console gaming. It's actually a pretty sweet setup. The only thing better I've ever found was in Chicago and it was a Beercade, even if the drinks were a bit more expensive all of the games were still on free play.

bigkrev

Bu-but that's against the rules, you cant just make up your own nicknames willy nilly .

I don't even get half of that list. Where in the world did these nicknames come from anyway?

Man, you guys don't ever want to play Shaq in scrabble then http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo0ncg-2zPY

It's near downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. You pay a flat fee to get in for the entire day. Normal days are $10 for all you can play. Thursday is Fight Night and you can get in for $5. You can even get a month pass for $30.

Everything is on free play and includes a few pinball machines, a MAME cabinet with a ton of games on it, and TVs set up for console gaming. It's actually a pretty sweet setup. The only thing better I've ever found was in Chicago and it was a Beercade, even if the drinks were a bit more expensive all of the games were still on free play.

That's pretty rad!

I haven't gotten to an arcade since the Sony Metreon in 2004 when I was in college. I've been to a few Dave and Buster's since then, but that isn't really a good arcade.

daveo42

Banned
That's pretty rad!

I haven't gotten to an arcade since the Sony Metreon in 2004 when I was in college. I've been to a few Dave and Buster's since then, but that isn't really a good arcade.

Dave and Buster's is shit for an arcade. We have another place too that's really nice and keeps a stock of new arcade games in called GameWorks, but it's way overpriced and uses the same card/point system that D&B uses. We usually only go there if we take a trip across the river into Kentucky.

I will say that GameWorks is head and shoulders above what's offered at D&B, but you still won't find any real community like you would at a well-supported local arcade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom