• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually deleted a line about a classic One Piece face fault as I had been a bit too inside baseball with this one.

Bonus Gif and some rare bonus...pics!

bhCC4CB.gif

XCh5bZZl.jpg

B2zTNWVl.jpg

c5Fl4Vll.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It really depends on what you are looking for. So far three of the four one off episodes have been fantastic.

The last part of the curry of life arc, the one where I went gif crazy on though was definitely great for all the wrong reasons though. Tons and tons of random animation slip ups along with some great giffable moments and a horrendous end to an arc that should have been over weeks ago.

Today's episode was just a good bit of comedy and I remember loving it when it first came out just as much.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People in this thread and other like minded individuals do tweet him.

I'm not worried about One Piece at all.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
DeMarko reads this thread, doesn't he?

I wouldn't be too surprised if he does...

OI! DeMarco! Get HunterXHunter, Level E, or Full Metal Panic for Toonami! Better yet all of them.

People in this thread and other like minded individuals do tweet him.

I'm not worried about One Piece at all.

We shouldn't be, we already know people tend to tune out for plot related episodes with no fighting. We saw that same shit happen to Bleach a few months back.

Guys, what's that one song that plays during Lee and Gaara's fight? The one that plays when Lee first does the Primary Lotus on Gaara. I can't seem to find it.

Seda

Guys, what's that one song that plays during Lee and Gaara's fight? The one that plays when Lee first does the Primary Lotus on Gaara. I can't seem to find it.

I'm not sure if it's on the official soundtrack listings on YouTube, but it's clearly a version of the Lotus Theme, or shares some similar phrases anyway.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's impossible to stuff a volume of One Piece into one episode, unless it's like...a two hour episode.

They did manage to stuff the Arlong Park arc into two hours. But that covered 4 volumes of manga, and the pacing was kind of shoddy. Great animation though.

As long as they don't pull a Movie 8.

Optimally, a One Piece Kai would cover 3-4 chapters per episode.

They did manage to stuff the Arlong Park arc into two hours. But that covered 4 volumes of manga, and the pacing was kind of shoddy. Great animation though.

As long as they don't pull a Movie 8.

Optimally, a One Piece Kai would cover 3-4 chapters per episode.

I wouldn't be surprised if Toei just said fuck it and didn't do a Kai version because the series is sooooo long.

"Sorry, fans. You get what you got. Now buy our 13-episode collection set for 4000 yen."

i watched the first episode of Pokemon. and i'd like to point out something.

4wjndZr.png

Pikachu needs to exercise some fucking caution. this is the kind of shit that destroyed Namek.

Moaradin

Toei will make a One Piece Kai as soon as they run out of ideas on how to milk the series when it's finished. Still another decade before that happens though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom