• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Dave & Busters solely exists as a place to play "arcade games" with people who normally wouldn't set foot in an arcade.

And to get drunk while doing so.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Don't they mostly have crap like fruit ninja hd and other ios rejects?

They have many different kinds of cabinets. Last time I went there, Infinity Blade was right next to House of the Dead 2 and House of the Dead 3.

Also had Mario Kart GP.

They have many different kinds of cabinets. Last time I went there, Infinity Blade was right next to House of the Dead 2 and House of the Dead 3.

Also had Mario Kart GP.

Mario Kart GP was one of my biggest gaming disappointments, the controls just feel wrong it feels like some generic arcade racer with mario and pacman slapped on it

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's not as good as the home versions but there's something cool about being in a fully decked out arcade racing chair playing Mario Kart.

MikeMyers

Dave & Busters solely exists as a place to play "arcade games" with people who normally wouldn't set foot in an arcade.
My pizza hut used to have Xmen Vs SF arcade cabinet, I miss those days.

image.php

I'm more of a sub guy, too funny hearing Mamoru's voice coming out of Yamcha's mouth.

Oolong is best character.

meh, I grew up on dubs of certain things so I much prefer the Dubs of stuff like ruroni kenshin, db/dbz , pokemon, etc that i grew up on, only exception is Sailor Moon since that was cut and altered a lot .

MikeMyers

I saw DBZ when I was in UK and they kept changing between the dubs so I dont have much attachment.

Heh, I like how Goku lost to his future daddy in law in this filler scene.

Edit: I can still sit though all those dubs though....except Sailor Moon.

Marven

I miss disney quest 4 floors of free arcade awesome was $80 for a year pass and they had everything there

Disney Quest in downtown Chicago was amazing. I only went there once, but I stayed there for 10 hours straight with my brother and cousin. So much fun. The arcade on the top of North Pier on Ohio was cool too with the VR and Battletech stuff. And yes, Gameworks > D&B all day long.

But that wasn't really Toonami related..

Anyways, I'm really enjoying Space Dandy so far and look forward to seeing Meow's home planet. Though it's odd that someone on the planet in the preview called him Meow instead of his actual name, though I wonder if that's what they called him as well and maybe that's why he didn't like it.

daveo42

Banned

Also had Mario Kart GP.

Some of them do have good games, but this...

...is pretty much truth. You go there to play quiz games, racers, and shooters with your friends and get drunk doing so. Beercades do a better job because they tend to have tons of pinball and classic arcade cabinets like X-Men, NBA Jam, and TMNT. Plus you get drunk.

Same, I don't know yet if David Levy will be an improvement or not, heck for all I know everything will just get worse now. Only time will tell?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, maybe it's a good thing? I know next to nothing about either, but it does seem Stu was in control during the shittest years of CN when we lost a ton of good shows and had the RealCN stuff pop up.

He did also cancel Toonami.

Maybe we can see the return of Titan!

I haven't kept up with most of the people at Turner since the Boston Bomb Scare but if this guy is who I think he is we don't have much to worry about.

edit: After doing a little research this is probably great news for Cartoon Network. This was the guy responsible for tons of shows getting canned and the big push for live action crap.

Raxus

I haven't kept up with most of the people at Turner since the Boston Bomb Scare but if this guy is who I think he is we don't have much to worry about.

edit: After doing a little research this is probably great news for Cartoon Network. This was the guy responsible for tons of shows getting canned and the big push for live action crap.

Yeah. It is only good news he was pushed out. The live action stuff was drivel and the only legacy he can claim is he somehow stumbled on Adventure Time and Regular Show. Otherwise both Genny AND McCracken left under his watch.

Good riddance.

Oh and it seems he may have canned Toonami. So there is that. RELEVANT!

Ok yea I was personally leaning towards it's good that he's gone, but not sure how David Levy person will be, then again the article said Snyder may have left due to tensions between them , but then that could be over a number of things not related to the programing and programming decisions.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hit the limit of questions on my 3DS recently, I have 200 or so MB left on my 32 GB card. Luckily my twin sister got me an Amazon gift card for my birthday and they happened to have a half off sale on certain memory cards so right now I'm in the process of going beyond the impossible with 64 GB. Reformatted back to FAT32 and now have to wait another hour to see if everything worked out.

This should last me another year or two before I really have to do something desperate and go for 128 GB.

I'm still looking for things to put on this 32 gb card, next purchases for it will likely be some eshop stuff later along with smash and mon hun 4 u in 2015

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm still looking for things to put on this 32 gb card, next purchases for it will likely be some eshop stuff later along with smash and mon hun 4 u in 2015

I was in no danger before all the sales Oct-January. I think I still had 20 GBs left.

BD:FF and Senran Kagura are huge and so are MH3U and RE:R and Pokémon X was no slouch either. I had to delete almost all of the demos and all of the remaining music and photos I had on the thing just to fit BD:FF.

As for future games I don't expect anything in the near term to be that big. Smash 4 will probably be close to 4 GB. MH4 regular is around 2GB so I expect U to be at least 2.5. No idea on Layton x Phoenix Wright, Persona Q. The next guaranteed gigantic games that I will buy are Bravely Second and SK 2 but who knows when they will come out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I look at it like this:

1. I have 30 years of video game clutter already. I don't need any more boxes.
2. Nintendo games don't get any cheaper, however...
3. Atlus and Capcom, the two primary companies I also buy 3DS from, do sales all the time. Sales that are regularly better than retail.
4. Best Buy keeps giving me free money with these 20% off eshop cards.
5. Nintendo also will continue giving me free money with Wii U purchases for the rest of the year, an additional 10% back.
6. No state sales tax on digital goods...yet.
7. I don't trade in games unless I'm actually gaming the system by trading in something I can get bulk credit for.

So unless something isn't available digitally or is more than 40% percent off or so it doesn't make sense for me to go physical. Ever.

Yeah it was awesome. The School Life mode seems pretty cool too. It's like a whole different game. Although they could have put in a little more effort with the
dialogue. Considering it's the same in the main game. Want to see what happens when you max out the relationship with Junko(Mukuro)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gonna wait for the fall to see if Danganronpa goes on sale for the leadup to the sequel (It almost certainly will) and pick it up then.

Finished the psp version of Danganronpa, liked the story didn't care much for the courtroom gameplay sections

I thought they were pretty fun. Kinda kept things fresh. Despite how much I love playing Phoenix Wright I tend to get bored with the cases after a while and have put off finishing PW3 because Danganronpa came out.

I dont wanna go digital for consoles until I have to, for handhelds it depends on the game . If its a game I think I'd want to lend out to my friend or Emilie I will get it physically. Pokemon is the one exception where its basically I dont trust *all* pokemon being stuck on the system itself , even if i lose my Bank/3ds at least i will have my cart.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I made an exception for BD:FF because I fell in love with the collector's edition goods. So much so that I bought the game twice and will give the physical copy to a friend I'm seeing this weekend.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
240,685 blocks open. That's just over 30 GBs. Now going to transfer the now empty 32 GB card to my demo machine. I wonder how big every single 3DS demo is?

LOLDSFAN

Yeah I started going fully digital with my 3DS purchases too. Have a 64GB SD card and will hopefully never look back (when it comes to portable).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Full digital on both 3DS and Wii U and have been since getting them. As of this gen I only have four physical games:

- Nintendoland (bundled, unopened)
- Tales of the Abyss (retail only)
- Ocarina of Time 3D (bought before I had my 3DS cause it was on sale)
- Kingdom Hearts 3D (retail only)

Still haven't bought Kid Icarus, no reason that shouldn't be on the eShop.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah I started going fully digital with my 3DS purchases too. Have a 64GB SD card and will hopefully never look back (when it comes to portable).

You'd have to be pretty hardcore to fill it.

Meanwhile because of the gigantic size of certain PSX games I'm pretty close to maxing out this 16 GB Vita card I have. I got it for free or else I'd still be on 4GB. This would be even worse if I hadn't canceled PS+ awhile ago. What a titanic rip off. This 64 GB card cost me 32 bucks two days ago on Amazon.

EDIT: KI:U has been on the eshop since late October. I forgot too until someone reminded me.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You'd have to be pretty hardcore to fill it.

Meanwhile because of the gigantic size of certain PSX games I'm pretty close to maxing out this 16 GB Vita card I have. I got it for free or else I'd still be on 4GB. This would be even worse if I hadn't canceled PS+ awhile ago. What a titanic rip off. This 64 GB card cost me 32 bucks two days ago on Amazon.

EDIT: KI:U has been on the eshop since late October. I forgot too until someone reminded me.

Bullllllshit! :O

*boots up 3DS*

I just added a free $25 from the Digital Deluxe Promotion to my account, on top of the $150 worth of eShop cards I bought from Best Buy for $120.
wAvFoG6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom