• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenshin's VA (who also worked on Digimon, is Shino in the Naruto dub, did a ton of voices in Trigun) is far superior in English, that he is.

Shino/Digimon Emperor is Derek Stephen Prince.

Richard Cansino (Kenshin) voices

009-2.jpg

this guy in Naruto.

bigkrev

Since the WWE Network started, I've been able to cancel my Hulu Plus subscription (the only thing I watched was WWE NXT)

I am never paying for a streaming service with ads in it again. Fuck off!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shino/Digimon Emperor is Derek Stephen Prince.

Richard Cansino (Kenshin) voices

009-2.jpg

this guy in Naruto.

Now that I didn't know! Knowledge bomb right there. It's totally another Tatum/Seitz thing where if they choose to they can sound EXACTLY THE SAME.

So in the US

Goku (And adult Gohan)
Kenshin
Orochimaru
Edward Elric
Hitsugaya

are voiced by males instead of females.

Controversial (?) opinion: You know who else should have been voiced by a man in English?

Luffy

I mean, he's already 17 at the start of the series...

MikeMyers

So in the US

Goku (And adult Gohan)
Kenshin
Orochimaru
Edward Elric
Hitsugaya

are voiced by males instead of females.

Controversial (?) opinion: You know who else should have been voiced by a man in English?

Luffy

I mean, he's already 17 at the start of the series...

Kurama has a male VA too in the dub, I miss his Sailor Uranus voice.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
While I love US Luffy I can't really argue there.

EDIT: Kurama like everyone in YYH is better in English. It's basically a total sweep for the dub on that one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Especially Kai as Luffy is all over that.

EDIT: I'm almost tempted to just watch this filler episode again without starting and stopping so much. Had decent animation as well! The only goofy shots pick I took was the shot between the legs for no reason and that's only because I paused there when I took a break.

The Funi voices in OP reminds me way too much of DBZ.

Thank you!

That's a problem I have with it too.

I honestly wish we could hear the previous English cast with an accurate script and competent direction (that includes not asking for accents).

Especially 4Kids Zo(l)o, Marc Diraison, who was great already (and the voice actor who would later do good performances like Tokiomi in Fate/Zero and Kayba in SAO).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Thank you!

That's a problem I have with it too.

I honestly wish we could hear the previous English cast with an accurate script and competent direction (that includes not asking for accents).

Especially 4Kids Zo(l)o, Marc Diraison, who was great already (and the voice actor who would later do good performances like Tokiomi in Fate/Zero and Kayba in SAO).

4 Kids Zolo is the only really good performance there. Kaiba does a good job with the opening narration and Luffy and Nami aren't terrible but the rest? Hooo boy.

4 Kids basically has two productions with good voice acting. Pokémon (Which shares an uncanny amount of voice actors with the excellent Slayers dub, seriously it's like DBZ Kai and One Piece) and Yu-Gi-Oh. Not surprising those were it's two most popular shows and their only real money makers.

i think Luffy should probably have been a guy, too, honestly. unless it's a young kid there isn't too much of an excuse. though i know Toei had to approve the voice actors, so that probably had something to do with it.

4 Kids Zolo is the only really good performance there. Kaiba does a good job with the opening narration and Luffy and Nami aren't terrible but the rest? Hooo boy.

4Kids Gold Roger > Funi Gold Roger

4kids sounds like a badass, Funi sounds like a friendly grandpa

daveo42

Banned
I have legitimate issues with trying to validate any portion of the 4kids dub of One Piece. I couldn't get past the first episode due to how ridiculously bad it was.

Side note: I really really fucking hate Crunchy Roll right now.

789shadow

Banned
i think Luffy should probably have been a guy, too, honestly. unless it's a young kid there isn't too much of an excuse. though i know Toei had to approve the voice actors, so that probably had something to do with it.
4kids basically caused Toei to be all "Luffy will be voiced by a woman or you aren't dubbing One Piece period."

MikeMyers

CHA LA went on for waaaaaaaaaaay too long, by the Cell arc I was sick of it. Same thing Toei did with Sailor Moon, waited until the final arc to get a new opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom