• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
I didn't know there was a longer version of the kai opening with a different english singer (goku, actually)

Not going to link it because bleeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Few extra seconds don't make up for that garbage x_x

MikeMyers

ziqfkrH.png

DAN DAN is best!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Head Cha LA>Rock the Dragon>Dragon Soul dub (depends on WHICH version though)>Everything else.

I didn't know there was a longer version of the kai opening with a different english singer (goku, actually)

Not going to link it because bleeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Few extra seconds don't make up for that garbage x_x

Every set of Kai has a different person or group of people singing Dragon Soul. Some are great, some are TERRIBLE. Some are terribly great.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Because if there is anything One Piece needs more of, it's different versions of We Are.

No, I'm serious, keep them coming!

EDIT: Pirate Rap is the best possible way to explain One Piece ever.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Vic's Dragon Soul is easily the best.

Schemmel's sounds like he just woke up from surgery or something. A little echo-y too.

The others are OK-ish.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like the last two Dragon Souls a lot but of course Vic's is the best.

Did his version of the Ouran ending ever surface? That would be something.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The time to start is now!

And I can show you how!

~ Start with me and the world will be even bigger than ever before ~

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I nearly started the next episode before noticing the time.

I might not have to work tomorrow but that would keep me up until almost four.

MikeMyers

Is it a filler arc?

Hate the long ass filler arcs in anime (like the one Bleach is currently on), but Ive always liked episodic filler. Always nice to see side characters in more domestic situations. Hell, that is basically what the entire Rock Lee show is!

i think Luffy should probably have been a guy, too, honestly. unless it's a young kid there isn't too much of an excuse. though i know Toei had to approve the voice actors, so that probably had something to do with it.

Impossible.

There's literally no English speaking male voice actor that can portray Luffy properly.

Moaradin

Colleen does a great job as Luffy. And like Bishop said, there isn't many male voice actors who can portray him properly. Even if they got a younger guy, he'll outgrow the voice before the show can end.

Woot Woot. Finished my Mid Terms and now I'm on Spring Break. The tests weren't even that hard either. Now I have all this time to be extra-productive *browses GAF while waiting for Dark Souls 2/Titanfall/Infamous Second Son/MGS Ground Zeroes*

MikeMyers

I'm actually having a hard time with FMA 2003 so far. Feel like I'm watching a slow-paced Brotherhood right now.

EDIT: Granted Brotherhood is really fast paced in the beginning, but I jut got done watching it recently. So its weird to watch FMA 2003 like this.

ckohler

The first three minutes of episode 21 of Kill la Kill is going to destroy Amikami's lewdness counts. It's probably impossible to ever air KLK on Toonami now unless they cut that scene entirely. Yikes.

Raxus

The first three minutes of episode 21 of Kill la Kill is going to destroy Amikami's lewdness counts. It's probably impossible to ever air KLK on Toonami now unless they cut that scene entirely. Yikes.
Bikinis we need so many bikinis x_x

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

They can find a way around it.
Just place censor bars over the naughty parts with the words "Buy the DVD".
It would get Toonami viewers to drop the insane amount of money Aniplex demands for DVDs to see what they're missing.

Seriously, why does Aniplex charge like $70 dollars for a handful of episodes?

It would get Toonami viewers to drop the insane amount of money Aniplex demands for DVDs to see what they're missing.

Seriously, why does Aniplex charge like $70 dollars for a handful of episodes?

Want the Japanese experience pay the Japanese price Kappa

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yup. Japanese otaku pay 70-90+ dollars for 4 episode DVD and blu-rays. They think they can do the same here. It's why Bandai took its ball and went home when we told them "Fuck no"

God damn. No wonder I hear about Japanese fans importing Funimation DVDs, they have a much better deal going.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's no reason if you're going to wait to not reverse import Blu-Rays as the US and Japan are in the same damn region and they always have the original Japanese audio on them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm honestly surprised an anime hasn't done that as a joke/jab at Blu-Ray marketing. Closest thing to a censorship joke was from that Hyperdimension Neptunia where they joked about the beams of light that just so happen to censor parts.

Man, been seeing Psycho Pass advertised a bit on some sites. What's that about? It almost looks action packed enough to be on Toonami.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm positive I've seen an anime where they've joked about the ever present clouds of mist or why they always take bubble baths.

I'm honestly surprised an anime hasn't done that as a joke/jab at Blu-Ray marketing. Closest thing to a censorship joke was from that Hyperdimension Neptunia where they joked about the beams of light that just so happen to censor parts.

Man, been seeing Psycho Pass advertised a bit on some sites. What's that about? It almost looks action packed enough to be on Toonami.

Been wondering the same. I have heard the name, but never watched it. That collector's edition that has been floating its images around looks dope. The art definitely looks like a show that would be up the alley of the block.

Klk never felt like a show I wanted dubbed and to be aired on toonnami , idk, it just doesn't

It's also funny seeing every week someone say "if last weeks episode didn't kill the chances of klk on toonnami without heavy editing this week sure did..." (To be fair it's typically true but it's still amusing )

Levyne

Banned
Sometimes I just wish people would shut up about klk but that's just me being irrational, and I know I don't really have a reason to even say that .

Having people talk about something a lot that you aren't interested in can be annoying , personally I think the anime isn't that great (not that bad beyond a few things) but the hoopla around something when you're an outsider can be a bit grating and intimidating .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom