• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've never actually seen the Ocean Group dub of it. I really don't like the 1999 anime though.

Looks like it aired on the Funimation Channel. I think I remember seeing a commercial for it. I wonder if lingering international release issues from that dub is what is stopping a dub for the new show to happen.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
All the girls that were voiced in Girls und Panzer will somehow have roles in Parasyte mwahahahahahahahaha.

*sigh* Dub is gonna suck, isn't it. Least some of the characters are SUPPOSE to sound bored or emotionless

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I've never actually seen the Ocean Group dub of it. I really don't like the 1999 anime though.

Looks like it aired on the Funimation Channel. I think I remember seeing a commercial for it. I wonder if lingering international release issues from that dub is what is stopping a dub for the new show to happen.

The dub was garbage. Gon in particular just sounded like a thirty-something woman. Not even a thirty-something woman trying to play a young boy. Just as is.

Moaradin

I actually tried to watch the HxH '99 series since I'm a big fan of Togashi's previous works, but the dub put me off from it for a while. Didn't get into the 2011 series until much later.

In related news to dubs, Aniplex has already begun dubbing Durarara 2.

Cast (Japanese/English)
Celty Sturluson: Miyuki Sawashiro/Kari Wahlgren
Mikado Ryugamine: Toshiyuki Toyonaga/Darrel Guilbeau
Masaomi Kida: Mamoru Miyano/Bryce Papenbrook
Anri Sonohara: Kana Hanazawa/Michelle Ruff
Izaya Orihara: Hiroshi Kamiya/Johnny Yong Bosch
Shizuo Heiwajima: Daisuke Ono/Crispin Freeman
Shinra Kishitani: Jun Fukuyama/Yuri Lowenthal
Kyohei Kadota: Yuichi Nakamura/Steve Blum
Walker Yumasaki: Yuki Kaji/Brian Beacock
Erika Karisawa: Ayahi Takagaki/Mela Lee
Saburo Togusa: Takuma Terashima/Spike Spencer
Kasuka Heiwajima: Daisuke Kishio/Vic Mignogna
Aoba Kuronuma: Hiro Shimono/Kyle McCarley
Kururi Orihara: Hisako Kanemoto/Bridget Hoffman
Mairu Orihara: Eri Kitamura/G.K. Bowes
Shingen Kishitani: Akio Otsuka/Doug Stone
Seiji Yagiri: Kazuma Horie/David Earnest
Namie Yagiri: Sanae Kobayashi/Bridget Hoffman
Saki Mikajima: Misato Fukuen/Cassandra Lee Morris
Tom Tanaka: Katsuyuki Konishi/Keith Silverstein
Haruya Shiki: Hochu Otsuka/Dan Woren
Kinnosuke Kuzuhara: Keiji Fujiwara/Christopher Smith
Simon Brezhnev: Takaya Kuroda/Patrick Seitz
Max Sandshelt: Masaya Onosaka/Doug Erholtz
Egor: Toshiyuki Morikawa/Lex Lang

English ADR Director: Kirk Thornton

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Huh, when did Crunchyroll start doing dubbed anime?

Oh jeez, they have season 1 up dubbed right now. Might as well stop watching it subbed and start watching it dubbed!

It's a really wonderful dub.

The only other dub I know they have is Rurouni Kenshin.

omfg, they're showing that clip from Fist Of The North Star.

ATATATATATATATATATATATATA

Huh, when did Crunchyroll start doing dubbed anime?

Oh jeez, they have season 1 up dubbed right now. Might as well stop watching it subbed and start watching it dubbed!

Didn't even notice Season 1 up there.

bigkrev

Considering i'm fucking paying 100 dollars for this year of Crunchyroll mainly because I wanted to read Manga (and now it's included in the lower priced anime tier), I might as well check it out because it's not like I'm watching subbed anime right now

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Steve Blum on Pre-Flight recording a review of The Order

qiQOvMR.gif

The gif is longer than The Order

Oh fuck yes they're dubbing Durarara x2! That is so sweet. It's one of those shows with lots of talking and narration so keeping up with the subs is hard. Id also be lying if I didnt say I missed Kari Wahlgren as Celty. <3 Celty.

Gurren Lagann: March 21st
Deadman Wonderland: March 21st
Inuyasha: The Final Act: June 6th
Kill La Kill: July 25th
Sword Art Online II: September 5th
Attack On Titan: September 12th
Dragon Ball Z Kai: ~2018
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They probably chose it because the rights for it run out before Bebop or Dandy.

Yeah, that or it cost the most to get the rights to and they want to maximize profits. I have a hard time seeing them reair Titan over Bleach if they want the "biggest ratings" as Bleach would carry people to the end of the night far better then Titan.

Part of me does find it funny that after Titan's sluggish rerun ratings at 11:30 they'd try it again later in the night. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom