• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzTHUetoFDNeDVK

zlCfzTHUetoFDNeDVK

zlCfzTHVwRYRep78li
zlCfzTHWUUMggvJVJa

zlCfzTHWzOwonL9RLG
zlCfzTHW_QEO_mcO6d

zlCfzTHXIlMaUUeQ6x

LATER

Line_HTX

Boondocks really needs to go back to be the lead into Toonami, and Margaret needs to be BUFFED more in Arena Ultimax 2.0 because she's got that black masquarade dominatrix mask. Fuck Yukiko and her damage buff just because they took her unblockable setups away. Margaret should be the best anti-zoner zoner with combos going for at least 7.5 K damage. Margaret and Mitsuru S+ tier EVO Grand Finals or RIOT!

Err, where was I? Ahem...

She called Tsumugu Mr. Mohawk. I didn't even think about that because of his catch phrase.
Flashing them nipples.
[Echoes] NUDIST BEACH. We work for... NUUUDIST BEACH~ Oh yeah~
Everything changed when Ryuko arrived.
Uzu is going to disobey orders, it seems.
Cold shower. A 4:3 flashback. Satsuki now has ownership over him.
This track sounds really good. It sounds like Cyua sang this song.
Side note, Aldnoah/Zero must be aired on Toonami please, just for the music. =D
HOLY MOTHERF-- She sounds like one dominating woman, dayyum~
(My TV captions) Diese Welt ist grausam, Es ist traurig aber wahr, Diese Welt ist seltsam, Es ist fraglich aber wahr, Ist der Blumengarten echt oder falsch?
That MUSCLY SANAGEYAMA ASS!!
Gotta go faster. Attacks hitting with the speed of Hokuto Shinken.
Victory from covering his eyes. That was quick.
YOU HAVE DISGRACED THE ELITE FOUR!
Oh, the irony.

Getting ironed feels good?
I have no time for LOSERS.
Force a man to change, MK. II. Ouch, that has to hurt. WTF? SEWN SHUT AND USING HIS OTHER SENSES?
He can tell from the smell of her sweat? That's lewd... O////O
Satsuki's command aura is magnificent to marvel at.
OVERHEATED? THIS IS FUCKING DEUS EX MACHINA STUPIDITY!!
I can sense the world in 360 noscope. My senses are all MLG unstoppable, you filthy Scrublords!

Sounds like things are starting to kick up. Wish they didn't pull that overheated excuse. At least it showed his loyalty and that he won't go down that easily. Pretty above average episode overall.

ckohler

This week’s theme was “Ether”. So many harsh, harsh burns last night. It was a mix of amazing to average episodes except for Shitpuden, which was just terrible. On to the reviews:

Dragon Ball Z: Kai - A lot of surprises in this episode. Once Vegeta dodged the Spirit Bomb (so typical), it was actually kinda nice to see the scrubs come back and put up a decent fight. I just expected them to be knocked around for a while until Goku recovered but instead Gohan was actually getting in some good hits. Yajirobe even contributed! I’m also surprised Krillin can actually hold half a Spirit Bomb. Looking forward to next week. Rating: One less giant ape

Kill la Kill - I think Grant George, the English voice of Sanageyama, might be my favorite English voice in the dub. He’s got such a swagger and confidence in his delivery and yet can sound equally sullen and emotional other times. I much prefer this dub voice to the original Japanese, for sure. By the way, the reason Nonon keeps calling him “monkey” is because the Elite Four each have an animal nickname based off the first character in their surnames. Gamagoori, Sanageyama, Inumuta, and Jakuzure mean "toad", "monkey", "dog", and "snake" in Japanese, respectively. Next week is definitely one of my favorite episodes in the series. If you like Mako (and who doesn’t) you can’t miss it! Rating: 5 out of 5 beatdowns.

Naruto: Shippuden - I honesty can’t even remember what happened. Something about grave robbers or something? This was boring as hell. The bad attempts at slapstick comedy only made the pain worse. The icing on this crap cake was the laughably bad animation. Rating: 0 fucks given. I mean, just look at this garbage:

f84v3vf.gif

InuYasha: The Final Act - Not a bad episode but only mildly interesting. We saw confirmations to all the stuff that happened two episodes ago. Sango’s weapon now has demon hurting poison and Miroku can’t feel pain from “My Asthma”, just as expected. I just can’t take Rin’s voice seriously. She sounds like a fully grown woman (which her VA is now, I know). It would have been better to cast another child voice than keep the same one who doesn’t fit anymore. I do hope Sess turns into a good guy before the series ends like they are hinting. Also, it was nice to see Naraku actually get his ass handed too him by the entire team for once. Rating: Small. So very small.

Gurren Lagann - Arguably one of the greatest episodes in all of anime. The climax is next week. You better be here. Rating: Kamina

One Piece - These filler episodes aren’t bad but they aren’t great, either. They are just sorta there. I found this one to be more boring than than last week’s, unfortunately. Buggy was stealing rice cakes or something. I was actually more interested in just watching the characters interact in this setting and enjoying the look of things than understanding the plot (which is ultimately pointless). The character animation was rather nice. Anyway, I’m ready to go back to Ennies Lobby now please. That’s next week, right? Rating: 2 out of 5 rice cakes.

Deadman Wonderland - Ganta continues to wimp out but thankfully starts to grow a little courage before the end of the episode. Then things got weird. And a little rapey. Turns out voice-box guy is more coo-coo than anyone realized and now he’s going to kill everyone? Shiro, who we’ve already seen as crazy powerful, hasn’t really done much. I expect we’ll see her explode next week. Rock star wannabe just acts cocky and now that little girl is suddenly back? I guess she didn’t die. All in all, this was a very mild penultimate episode that hasn’t answered any real questions. I don’t expect next week’s finale to be all that satisfying to be honest, but here’s hoping. Rating: 3 out of 5 Ganta Gun bullets

With next week’s series finale of Gurren Lagann and one of my favorite Kill la Kill episodes, I’m pretty hyped. It should be good. After that, we see what SAO II is like. I’ll probably skip out of AoT reruns. Twice was enough.

Jarate

Banned
DBZ - This episode shows something we dont see very often in Dragonball z, and that's Goku giving up. His last ditch effort is very uncharacteristsic of him and really shows just how competitive Goku is. Dudes first thought was how the fight was good and not how his poanet was about to go extinct. Goku is just as prideful and competitive as Vegeta, they just go about it in much different ways
it reminds me of Liu Bei and Cao Cao a lot in the recent chinese ROTK adaption
Overall, fighting was pretty awesome, and that Yajirobe moment was pure awesomeness. Dudes another one of Toriyamas good characters that are never well used, and its a shame that all of the humans end up being Jobbers.

Kill La Kill - The dub is helpi me get through and see the animation better, theres some top tier stylising in the show. Pretty cool episode, although the swordsman was prolly my least favorite character of the elite 4. This show has a few more good episodes before going pretty downhill, but maybe with the dub I can get past it. Mako is still best girl

Naruto - I dont even remember what happened. Naruto bullied some kid for him being initially hostile, and then gets upset when the guy starts to go all in on a fight. Naruto is probably my least favorite MC in any show ever made. Dude is just so unlikeable.

Inuyasha - This show is helped majorly by being in front of Naruto, but I cant deny that Im somewhat entertained. Inuyasha doesnt make sense half the time, and the characters are just kind of put into places for no reason, but the show is at least entertaining in some ways.

Gurren Lagann - Top Tier, almost cried the first time I saw that episode, had to hold back tears on this view. Everything just comes together so well. The last episode is also awesome, the dip in quality that Toonami will get eill be massive when we lose Gurren Lagann and move onto SAO II. Its a shame that the ratings will most likely go up heavily due to SAO II.

One Piece - Boss Luffy episodes are SUPER boring and led me to playing woth action figures during it. Wasnt as bad as Naruto, but its mostly just HEY LOOK AT THIS CHARACTER REMEMBER HIM" and a lot of mostly boring humour revolving around characters.

Deadman Wonderland - Didnt watch lol

Takashi

During the watch I legit thought that Naruto cartwheel was gonna be a lead in to some visual gag. Couldn't have been more wrong.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone.
Quite the up and down night.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
The very first Spirit Bomb... and it fails. At least there was enough left to give to Krillin. ... They're doomed.
I hope you enjoyed Yajirobe being useful, it's not going to happen again.

Kill la Kill:
We Xenoblade now! With equal opportunity fanservice.
So now we have a Kenshi Ninja Turtle. Episode needed more Mako.

Naruto: Shippuden:
DON'T CARE

Inuyasha: The Final Act:
Oh hey, Sango did something useful! Think she'll do something again in the 12 remaining episodes?

Gurren Lagann:
BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE HYPE! I am so fucking ready for next week!

One Piece:
Yeah, this wasn't as fun as last week's Boss Luffy.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The artstyle lol

Since I feel I can't spend nearly as much time on Ske'Dumps as I USED to be able to, playing with artsyle has become quite fun, lol. SERIOUS RINU.

zlCfzTHW_QEO_mcO6d

Viral was married to Zelda! Stay losing, Link

I wanted to spend so much more time drawing Zelda, lol. I'm glad it's possible to tell WTH I was going for, haha. Now if I coulda properly made the kid look like Young Link!

Oh, is that that epic legendary picture of a desert wallpaper with a rocket flying in the background? Zelda looks so happy... :p

Time to update the Hyrule Hystoria, we have new proof!

http://i.imgur.com/sQVYAea.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Py9WR5M.gif

and, I heard you talking shit about Hiraikotsu.

vf1S5LD.gif

With less time to DUMP, I feel like all the Gifs are even more appreciated by me, since I get to see scenes I'd have loved to sketch, but couldn't get to. So, thanks! :p Always a fan.

Viral's Japanese va used to voice Link.

YUUUSHHHAAAAOOOH! Even though I've seen so little of TTGL in JP, my first judge of "Do I like US Viral" was "does he compare favorably to BestLink?!?"So the first time I saw this... yeah. Was my instant thought, lol.

imho his best role was this guy

This one I'm not sure if I ever put together. I need to finish Genshiken... I have some of the manga, a few of the DVDs, but never got into the extended stuff, which I hear mixed impressions of.
Good stuff. Talk about night on appreciated heros for Sango and Yajiribo
Zelda is the wife Viral wants? :p
And tell does little hands to leave Shiro alone.

Enemies expect nothing, get REKT, haha. I love how Naraku was so confident, he didn't even try to detect anything different in her weapon at all... they actually went of the gridraku long enough for him to NOT know something? Even Naraku Skips the Sango volumes... eesh.

The Hero of time! Felt so tragic, whereas things like Thieving with Bro just felt kinda... comical.

Those little hands are totally trying to turn Deadman Wonderland into that one Hanekawa opening from...Nisemonogatari, I believe? Imminent "NO OKAY" Moments coming up for the last panels, heh.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
how did Gurren Lagann manage to make me legit emotional about fucking Viral of all people in like five seconds?

also I still don't think I understand what's up with Boota

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Someone did request a gif last night but I don't remember what it was.

My giffing ability is going to wax in the next few months unless I finally drop the hammer and start buying current One Piece releases. SAO 2 is off limits and while I could use Netflix to gif KlK/AoT its a sloppy process. I've got Inuyasha and Kai.

Tenumi

Banned
Boy, I had my days messed up. I thought the 28th was this coming Saturday, not the 21st. I was wondering for a bit what was going to happen to the last Gurren Lagann episode.

LOLDSFAN

My giffing ability is going to wax in the next few months unless I finally drop the hammer and start buying current One Piece releases. SAO 2 is off limits and while I could use Netflix to gif KlK/AoT its a sloppy process. I've got Inuyasha and Kai.

There's always the watch [as] method though the quality isn't the best.

Line_HTX

Can you do the gif that I suggested a couple of weeks back? It's the part where Gamagoori expels that red-eyed disciplinary person on the spot. Pretty please?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
When the anime is only like 4 months worth of chapters behind the manga they don't have much choice outside of a super extended Bleach style filler that interrupts canon

The One Piece anime is about 30 chapters behind the manga right now. With the weeks off and such, that's about 8 to 9 months back.

Raxus

The One Piece anime is about 30 chapters behind the manga right now. With the weeks off and such, that's about 8 to 9 months back.

The better question is why the Naruto anime went on a long filler arc instead of finishing the story. They better use all their budget for the finale for it to mean anything.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The better question is why the Naruto anime went on a long filler arc instead of finishing the story. They better use all their budget for the finale for it to mean anything.

Im getting worried, there was pretty well animated rock lee fight in the filler a few episodes ago, the actual art has taken a nosedive, but the animation when they actually want it to be has been pretty fluid, this is probably a way to not spend too much budget, but they got some important ass plot points and fights coming up in the canon and if they fuck up the budget because of this filler, im gonna be pretty salty.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DBZ Movie Month.

Battle of Z, Resurrection 'F', Broly - Second Coming, & Cooler's Revenge Return of Cooler.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Frieza movie that soon? Awesome. I remember it took way too long for Battle of Gods to come out here.
"subtitled" Oh... well I'm sure they can get the dub out fairly soon.

i just realized, J-Stars Victory Vs+ will be the first localized game where Goku isn't dubbed.

EDIT: Never mind, I'm dumb.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, subtitle in April as an "early premiere" in Los Angeles, then dub in the summer.

Gonna have to see if my friend would be up to heading to the town an hour over again, like we did with Battle of Z & Guardians of the Galaxy in IMAX last year.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I'm about 30 episodes back and so far the pacing for this final arc has been slow but absolutely watchable. Early Dressrosa is hilarious which helps a ton.

Funimation now has the rights for DBZ Resurrection 'F', dub coming later this summer in theaters.

Also to note, "Broadcast Rights". As in the rights to broadcast on TOONAMI?!

FUCK YEAH

Loved Battle of Gods can't wait to see this

Well, Toonami is showing DBZ Kai. Not trying to get the movie would be pretty dumb on DeMarco's part.

I imagine we'll get both Battle of Gods and RessurectionF on Toonami, probably Battle of Gods this year and RessurectionF next year.

Does this mean we can finally stop calling it "revival of f" or "resurrection of f" or "f for resurrection" or "fukkatsu no f" now that the obvious title they were going to use (if they weren't going to call it Frieza returns or something) is now official?

(Seriously that bugged the living shit out of me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom