• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

it doesnt really fit at all but mr anti spiral sorta reminded me of

4ZSFPf2m.png

villain from CN show Codename Kids Next Door

ckohler

how did Gurren Lagann manage to make me legit emotional about fucking Viral of all people in like five seconds?

also I still don't think I understand what's up with Boota

That scene is kinda vague but basically after the Anti-Spiral trapped the crew in a multi-dimensional labyrinth, he detected an unusual spiral power anomaly. It was Boota, who having spent so much time near Simon has amassed massive amounts of spiral energy.

As Boota jumped to attack, his power combined with Lord Genome's attack allowing him to rapidly evolve (spiral power is the power of evolution after all). Unfortunately, evolving gave him enough intelligence to become trapped also.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DBZ Kai also has some of my favorite next episode previews ever. They are cut really well and when they hype a big episode it really works..and Kai is 75% big episodes.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Frieza movie that soon? Awesome. I remember it took way too long for Battle of Gods to come out here.
"subtitled" Oh... well I'm sure they can get the dub out fairly soon.
That's because Fox had first refusal rights on Battle of Gods thanks to Dragonball Evolution and Funimation had to wait them out.

ckohler

I have no idea where it's from. Surely Vegeta has been beaten many times throughout the series.

(Also, I thought mild spoilers for DBZ were allowed.) -.-

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How can it be a spoiler? If Vegeta's not beaten until he's bruised and bloody it's not really a fight. Dude jobs worse than anyone ever.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just learned that Shigeru Chiba (Japanese Buggy, Raditz, and Kuwabara) is Kefka in the Dissidia games. That is fucking perfect.

Hey guys,

S.t.e.a.m. is actually pretty good

As in Codename?
I do want to get it. But I'm waiting until I have a New 3DS XL. Gotta have that camera control.
Also, Polygon publishing their review without the person actually finishing... Polygon gonna Polygon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
STEAM is something I'm going to buy. Still have a few days left in Majora's Mask and Xenoblade will probably eat a month or two.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've been liking it for the most part. I have Majora's Mask 3D (+ the figurine), but I feel like waiting until I get a N3DS to play it. Hoping to save enough money to get one in April, along with a possible Xenoblade 3D bundle/LE system.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My likely schedule is beat Majora's Mask, beat a couple of backlog games, buy Xenoblade, take a month or two to beat it, beat a couple more backlog games, play FF V a bunch this summer.

Also got to finish Danganronpa 2 and a couple of Vita games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If I didn't feel so stressed from college, I'd work on some console games like P4AU, Wonderful 101, & Hyrule Warriors. Hard to get myself to sit down & play something on consoles compared to my 3DS & Vita. Still need to sell some games like Symphonia on Gamecube since I either already beat them or know I won't ever get around to playing them.

Seda

I'm playing Etrian Mystery Dungeon and then I want to finish SMT:DS Overclocked before Record Breaker comes out. I'm getting the Final Fantasy game & demo but probably wont be playing those right away.

Soulflarz

Banned
I have no idea where it's from. Surely Vegeta has been beaten many times throughout the series.

(Also, I thought mild spoilers for DBZ were allowed.) -.-

Technically, full spoilers can't be stopped, but as a group we've generally decided not to spoil it with blatant things that can be avoided. I don't think that constitutes a spoiler, but don't ask me :p

I'm playing Etrian Mystery Dungeon and then I want to finish SMT:DS Overclocked before Record Breaker comes out. I'm getting the Final Fantasy game & demo but probably wont be playing those right away.

Oh come on, at least play the FFXIV demo!

You getting bloodborne?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If I didn't feel so stressed from college, I'd work on some console games like P4AU, Wonderful 101, & Hyrule Warriors. Hard to get myself to sit down & play something on consoles compared to my 3DS & Vita. Still need to sell some games like Symphonia on Gamecube since I either already beat them or know I won't ever get around to playing them.

My Wii U backlog is getting out of hand. Everytime I sit down to do something about it something else comes along or I get out of a game playing mood. I was making major progress in Deus Ex in January when I was bed ridden. MH3U basically ruined my backlog last year and 4U will probably do the same this time. I'm slow playing it waiting for my buddy to get into it.

Wii U games I haven't played yet but intend to.

Wonderful 101
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Super Smash Bros.
Hyrule Warriors
Wind Waker HD (just need to finish this one, almost done)
Kirby Canvas Curse
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Zombi U
One Piece Unlimited World Red

and the maybes

Deus Ex
Mass Effect 3
Ninja Gaiden 3
Arkham City

To note my 3DS backlog is even bigger but at least I've been taking it down at a good rate. Atlus releases and subsequent sales will eventually fill that up again to impossible levels. I intend to buy every Atlus release since PQ...but only at 25 bucks or less. They are releasing a ton this year. Also Senran Kagura 2 this summer, shit can't forget about that. I'll need a 128 GB card soon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know I'll end up with a PS4 before too long. Going to try and hold out another two years if I can. Definitely nearing the end of my days as a console gamer though. Handhelds for life. When those go away...man, I guess I'll really hit the backlog then.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Type-0 is this week (plus XV demo)
Hopefully I can get my hands on Bloodborne. Sadly it might not be Day 1...

I still have no interest in Xbox One. All I really care for is Scalebound, and even then I wouldn't be able to play it.

I know I'll end up with a PS4 before too long. Going to try and hold out another two years if I can. Definitely nearing the end of my days as a console gamer though. Handhelds for life. When those go away...man, I guess I'll really hit the backlog then.

Vita is probably Sony's last handheld.

I'm not sure what the future holds for Nintendo post-3DS.

Regiruler

I just learned that Shigeru Chiba (Japanese Buggy, Raditz, and Kuwabara) is Kefka in the Dissidia games. That is fucking perfect.

As in Codename?
I do want to get it. But I'm waiting until I have a New 3DS XL. Gotta have that camera control.
Also, Polygon publishing their review without the person actually finishing... Polygon gonna Polygon.
ABXY camera control is fine (and probably better than the nub) or if you need to get a CPP, which is literally the peripheral of the gods.

I know understand the thread title having caught up on the last two episodes of One Piece.

Half way through the latest Kill la Kill episode that's amazing. I'm guessing the Sniper thread in OT last night and the opening bit of this episode was a mere coincidence.

Edit:

Good ending. The reuse of the animation worked to get across the brutality of those strikes. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom