• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon R: Episode 89:

This is a clip show preview of the new season and really that is it, it is harmless enough but I really wouldn't recommend watching it. Also, it looks they are holding back the second episode for next week. I am not pleased with this development.

daveo42

Banned
Weekends are way too short, especially after spending the entire time at convention. Did get to play a ton of great board games, but I'm paying for my lack of sleep now.

zlCfzTHW_QEO_mcO6d

LATER

I absolutely love that scene. Still one of the best sequences in the series.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon R: Episode 89:

This is a clip show preview of the new season and really that is it, it is harmless enough but I really wouldn't recommend watching it. Also, it looks they are holding back the second episode for next week. I am not pleased with this development.

If that's what I'm thinking of, that's the last episode that Toonami aired for a while. At the same time, they were constantly rerunning DBZ up to the point where Goku started fighting those red and blue Ginyu Squad guys and then restarting, so I was legitimately worried that Toonami would never get past it.

Line_HTX

IIRC they kept rerunning the Saiyan saga for years before finally a promo showed a continuation at last. That was also the end of the Ocean dub airing and I had to get adjusted to Sabat's Vegeta voice. I'm glad they switched to the Faulkner soundtrack too, made things more hype the rest of the series.

I would like to rewatch some episodes with the JP soundtrack though. It'd be an interesting take.

daveo42

Banned
I remember the endless loop of the first half of the Namek/Frieza arc when FOX was still showing it weekday mornings. I was always disappointed when Goku would finally show up and then the next episode was with him in a hospital bed wrapped in bandages from head to toe.

CN and Toonami finally getting over that bump was so amazing back in the day, especially as a kid who didn't even know about the existence of fan-dubs at the time.

daveo42

Banned
I finally got Cartoon Network on the final Ocean run before Funimations run started.

I had missed the initial Saiyan arc because FOX either never aired them or because I never caught the initial run, but we had CN around the start of Toonami. I caught the majority of the show there for the first time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I take that as "No, takes too much work, you'll never get Girls Und Panzer, Seikon no Qwaser, & Queen's Blade Akame Ga Kill, Parasyte, & Log Horizon."

Puruzi

Banned
Most people at my school only like the popular anime and thinks that if it has a different/unique art style it's shit.

They love AOT, SAO, Naruto, etc.
They think I'm strange when I say that SAO and AOT are bad.

Also we totally need Seikon no Qwaser on toonami.

So I take that as "No, takes too much work, you'll never get Girls Und Panzer, Seikon no Qwaser, & Queen's Blade Akame Ga Kill, Parasyte, & Log Horizon."

I didn't get that impression at all, the answer seems to imply that getting things licensed for TV is more complex then just saying "here you go air this" which Toonami themselves has made apparent in multiple interviews and Q&As. I feel like if they weren't interested the answer would be something like "we're not looking to license out our shows for tv at this time" or would simply ignore the Toonami question as opposed to addressing it first

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Whoops, forgot to add my "but seriously" thoughts. But yes, you're right. Does Sentai only get rights for home releases most of the time? I don't recall them ever having stuff up for streaming like Funimation.

I think they have some stuff for streaming (I watched Medaka Box via Crunchyroll), but I don't think they had the dub, only sub.

Whoops, forgot to add my "but seriously" thoughts. But yes, you're right. Does Sentai only get home releases most of the time? I don't recall them ever having stuff up for streaming.

They do have a deal with http://www.theanimenetwork.com/ and you can pay to watch Sentai's dubs there, but that's it AFAIK. If Sentai doesn't have the tv rights the question would be how much would it cost to get the rights to let Toonami license to air the show on TV and does Adult Swim/Demarco and co think their is enough demand to pay for said license.

They do have a deal with http://www.theanimenetwork.com/ and you can pay to watch Sentai's dubs there, but that's it AFAIK. If Sentai doesn't have the tv rights the question would be how much would it cost to get the rights to let Toonami license to air the show on TV and does Adult Swim/Demarco and co think their is enough demand to pay for said license.

Well, it's not really a deal so much as that's literally their channel.

Nintendo is going mobile and the tears are delicious

Sounds more like they're gonna let Dena make new games featuring Nintendo IP for a new platform ala playstation mobile that is compatible across all devices including phones, tablets, and nintendo game systems including whatever they're new planned system is. Imagine more stuff like Puzzle and Dragons Mario edition

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah yes, I remember the LAST time Nintendo allowed a different company to use their IP for a non-Nintendo platform.
A BAD MARIO GAME& 3 BAD ZELDA GAMES

I wouldn't be surprised if it was more companion based stuff like Mario Kart TV, that Miiverse app that was suppose to happen, & such. Maybe an Animal Crossing app that can remind you of certain dates/times to check your game for events.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sounds more like they're gonna let Dena make new games featuring Nintendo IP for a new platform ala playstation mobile that is compatible across all devices including phones, tablets, and nintendo game systems including whatever they're new planned system is. Imagine more stuff like Puzzle and Dragons Mario edition

DeNA is also creating a proper account system for Wii U and 3DS owners. That should quiet down some dissent.

Happy birthday! :)

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom