• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's going on? You alright?

Dad getting a bunch of surgeries in a row (on his eye, nothing life-threatening), issues with friends that I'm trying (and seemingly failing) to not let turn into full-on falling outs, working 30+ days in a row (losing track of when the weekends are at this point), financial problems out of nowhere, a bunch of smaller stuff like my car breaking down, and the mental effects all of that happening at once has on me. Definitely not the most fun part of my life so far.

But I don't want to bore people with my problems. I'll still be checking in at work and am super hyped to see the TTGL finale with all of you this weekend. Anyone who hasn't seen it is going to be super blown away.

Soulflarz

Banned
Dad getting a bunch of surgeries in a row (on his eye, nothing life-threatening), issues with friends that I'm trying (and seemingly failing) to not let turn into full-on falling outs, working 30+ days in a row (losing track of when the weekends are at this point), financial problems out of nowhere, a bunch of smaller stuff like my car breaking down, and the mental effects all of that happening at once has on me. Definitely not the most fun part of my life so far.

But I don't want to bore people with my problems. I'll still be checking in at work and am super hyped to see the TTGL finale with all of you this weekend. Anyone who hasn't seen it is going to be super blown away.

Didn't see this earlier, sorry. But uhmm...
*Hugs*

Don't mind telling us stuff, I mean...I tend to assume we all like talking/helping each other besides the simple fact that we watch an anime block together?
Anyways, sorry to hear, and I hope things get better soon...

Imaishi is still smoking the crack if his new Animator Expo short is anything to go by.

Edit: also, sad to hear about all the shit you're going through cosmicblizzard. Hope things get better for you.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Shingo Natsume (Space Dandy, Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos) is directing the anime at Mad House (Summer Wars, Hunter x Hunter). Tomohiro Suzuki (Tiger and Bunny scripts, Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary) is in charge of the series scripts, and Chikashi Kubota (From the New World, Robotics;Notes) is designing the characters
p9Lpz9q.gif

Already time to start petitioning for the inevitable Toonami airing?

BBboy20

This is not a good day to be a fan of Metal Gear.

I may never seem to talk much about it on this site but this series means that much to me. God damn you, Konami.

Raxus

Nice to see OPM getting the studios it deserves. Wonder how long the cour is going to be considering the manga is only 50ish chapters long (only counting the ones animated by One! of course)
Really gotta wonder what Kojima did that was so bad they broke up. p
Konami: No Mr. Kojima, we do not rike it.
Kojima: !

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like there's a bunch of new shorts for that Japan Animator Expo & Trigger did one.....& it's insane.

I kid you not, it's called "SEX and VIOLENCE with MACHSPEED". The plot:
Machspeed, the shark, runs a detective agency with his partners Violence-Kun the monkey & Sex-Chan the sex doll & has to help a dog named Mutt with a sexual problem.

.......Never change, Trigger. It's like the Panty & Stocking S2 we never got.

Levyne

Banned
I think I've only played like 2 Konami games, Symphony of the Night and Metal Gear Rising, unless you count that PS2 Ys game.

Fake edit: I guess I played the Lords of Shadow games if those count.

bigkrev

At this point, it's kinda hard to go back to MGS unless you already played it. You miss so much from MGS2 by playing it today vs back then, for example.

Jarate

Banned
Kids Next Door was always really bad to me, but then again I never had the want or need to rebel against authority figures as a kid

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
BATTLE
READY
ARMOR

Like Bass said, show was rather hit or miss, but it had its moments. Not enough where I'd go back to revisit it, though.

Seda

Codename Kids Next Door was after 'my time' if you will (I was in high school), but my younger brothers watched it a bunch so I caught a bit of it. Seemed okay. A literal premise of Kids vs. Adults seemed amusing enough.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I always saw KND as kind of a precursor to Adventure Time and Steven Universe
In that it started with a bunch of silly one-off episodes, before diving into multi-episode story arcs and developing its own lore and mythology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom