• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would edit that pic. Some people would think of that as spoilers.
Yeah, took me a moment to realize that, especially since I was trying to find a pic without any characters we don't know about. Already removed it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, same DBZ Kai commercial. Wonder why it isn't for Toonami in general to say what comes after & all the shows currently are part of the block.

WHAT? Laura Bailey was
Dende
in the original Funimation DBZ?!?

No Ceyli Delgadillo was the original VA during season 3 through the Cell saga. Then she stopped voice acting for whatever reason.

When it came time to "remaster" it in 2006, they got Laura Bailey to redub Dende's lines along with other updated voices such as Freeza and Captain Ginyu.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No Ceyli Delgadillo was the original VA during season 3 through the Cell saga. Then she stopped voice acting.

When it came time to "remaster" it in 2006, they got Laura Bailey to redub Dende's lines along with other updated voices such as Freeza and Captain Ginyu.

I figured something was up here. I would have remembered that.

In a strange eerie coincidence, I just learned that Kai and One Piece air in Japan at the EXACT SAME TIME they now rerun in America.
hrCOE5.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
First thing I thought of when I read One Piece at 8:30 on Saturday "Isn't it already on then?"

It's also when Funimation puts up the new episode, give or take an hour or two.

In a strange eerie coincidence, I just learned that Kai and One Piece air in Japan at the EXACT SAME TIME they now rerun in America.
I remember hearing Kai aired pretty early in Japan, which is what caused a few of its censorship problems.

Maybe you're just getting it mixed with the original DBZ which I think aired around this time of night.

So I'm in Albuquerque for spring break so I'll be missing tonight. I already watched Kai and OP. After watching OP, it reminded me of this one GIF. I guess I'll post it tomorrow when everyone else has seen it.

Cool, I was actually born there. Parents were in the air force.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My library has a good 15 games I'd say worth buying a 3DS for. PQ isn't one of them!

I actually hear its phenomenal, I'm waiting for it to go down to 20-25 bucks. It's an Atlus game, it will before the end of the year.

Mario 3D Land, Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Pokémon Omega Ruby, Kid Icarus Uprising, Bravely Default, Ace Attorney 5, Luigi's Mansion 2, Monster Hunter 3 and 4 Ultimate are all great reasons to own this system.

Get Kid Icarus Uprising instead.

You'll either thank or curse me later.

Also: GIMME YOUR SORRY PUNCH OUT ASS IS DEAAAAAAAAAAAD or at least in hard mode I have to do this shit again on 101% don't I
I second Kid Icarus Uprising it has one of the best localizations since Star Fox 64.

I would kill for a sequel on the Wii U.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FUN FACT: Kai is only being aired now in Japan because they needed a sub track to sell the Blu-Rays over here in the US for the Buu season. They figured they might as well air it since they had to make it anyways.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
FUN FACT: Kai is only being aired now in Japan because they needed a sub track to sell the Blu-Rays over here in the US for the Buu season. They figured they might as well air it since they had to make it anyways.

It also ended the wretched TOEI Toriko series once and for all.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
...if you're on the east coast, do look up the time difference between Eastern and Tokyo time and then come back to me.
Right now, it's 11:47 AM in Japan, so after Daylight Savings, it's a 13 hour difference for those who like in the EST timezone.

So in this era of Simuldubs I'm surprised Viz was behind Aniplex on the bandwagon. I wonder if Sailor Moon Crystal will be their first "simuldub" and I put that in quotation marks just because of how slow they air new episodes of Crystal.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So in this era of Simuldubs I'm surprised Viz was behind Aniplex on the bandwagon. I wonder if Sailor Moon Crystal will be their first "simuldub" and I put that in quotation marks just because of how slow they air new episodes of Crystal.

I think all of that is up to TOEI Animation.

I think all of that is up to TOEI Animation.

Considering Funi said they're looking into a simuldub for One Piece which I imagine is a far bigger property in Toei's eyes if they're up to letting Funi do OP I'm sure they'd let Viz to SM:C. Of course that's just speculation on my part because AFAIK no Toei show has been simuldubbed yet.

Personally I'm just hoping it'll happen because it'll time out well for SM:C to air on Toonami as InuYasha's replacement. Could be the big announcement at Momocon to air the next weekend. Might be too close of a turn around but it's my dream lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Considering Funi said they're looking into a simuldub for One Piece which I imagine is a far bigger property in Toei's eyes if they're up to letting Funi do OP I'm sure they'd let Viz to SM:C. Of course that's just speculation on my part because AFAIK no Toei show has been simuldubbed yet.

Personally I'm just hoping it'll happen because it'll time out well for SM:C to air on Toonami as InuYasha's replacement. Could be the big announcement at Momocon to air the next weekend. Might be too close of a turn around but it's my dream lol

A One Piece simuldub will be difficult
Especially with Patrick Seitz since he works in Cali and Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom