• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why are they airing dbz/op so early?

DBZ makes perfect sense as it is truly their most popular anime. 8pm on Saturday is a dead hour so see if they can build something.

One Piece is the real question mark. See what kind of a lead in DBZ is, I guess. See if they can give it a boost.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Why are they airing dbz/op so early?

An experiment to get people to watch new episodes on Toonami
Or Toei saw DBZ Kai and One Piece airing on TV and wondered why they weren't on at an earlier time. They have a lot of control over the productions (right down to how Funimation dubs it)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Boy it's like DBZ & OP are INTRUDING on earlier time slots.

Now that I think about it, this reminds me when I was a kid & I'd record certain Toonami shows via DVR & rewatch them until the new episode aired, then delete the previous episode & then watch the new one over & over until next week & so on. Pretty much watched Bo-Bobo every other day waiting for the new episode to air.

Tamanon

Banned
One Piece makes sense as it does have a more kid-friendly style. I mean, there's a reason it was on Saturday mornings for so long.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Piece makes sense as it does have a more kid-friendly style. I mean, there's a reason it was on Saturday mornings for so long.

It's actually significantly more violent than DBZ at times. The dub is also a bit saltier in its language, though nothing bleepable.

Dream 9 time in a few minutes

tumblr_mbdup59LeA1r72ht7o1_500.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh damn, DBZ Kai might contain some content that might not be suitable for audiences.

Huh, short OP.

Crocodile

Everything I've heard about One Punch Man leaves me hype but now we just gotta pray a studio/staff with the talent, time and resources to make it a good show got it.

I'm looking forward to it. Oddly enough, I feel like that show could be moving into its own Sayian Arc of sorts.

I just learned Death Parade is bombing in Japan.

This is why we can't have nice things.

The "average masses" have shit taste, news at 11 :p

Speaking of Death Parade, dat Episode 9:

FE_DA_120823ObamaSweat425x283.jpg

I have no idea how they are going to wrap that show up in 3 episodes.

LOLDSFAN

So I'm in Albuquerque for spring break so I'll be missing tonight. I already watched Kai and OP. After watching OP, it reminded me of this one GIF. I guess I'll post it tomorrow when everyone else has seen it.

Tamanon

Banned
I actually missed this episode last week, so it's good to catch up.

I mean, I have no idea what happens in this anime that's older than dirt!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, so there was a commercial for DBZ Kai tonight for Toonami, but not a general Toonami commercial saying what else there. Maybe for One Piece?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty much every fight Yamcha has in Z is during Non-Canon™ episodes. The next time we'll see Yamcha "fight"
he'll get fisted.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hold on I just turned my TV on to have something to listen to while I took a nap and DBZ is on, and it said adult swim and I started freaking out lol

You know 8:30 would be a great time to start at the very beginning of One Piece and they could use Toonami for the current episodes we're at.

Crocodile

There isn't exactly much of an overarching plot. Not that much that needs to be wrapped up.

I mean
Nona's machinations and what that means for Decim, the fate of the bartender girl, the fallout from Ginti and that girl he never judged, etc.
There are a fair number of loose ends left and an overarching narrative has been building.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's actually significantly more violent than DBZ at times. The dub is also a bit saltier in its language, though nothing bleepable.
DBZ Kai - TV-PG

One Piece - TV-14 for the exact same things: Violence & Language.

ckohler

I wonder how many people were expecting a rerun of Rick and Morty right now and are like, "What the hell is this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom