• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

The best arc in the entirety of the Naruto franchise is the next arc in Shippuden, so there. Then after that it's consistently good to great for a while (minus the fillers in between).

Despite having some of the usual Naruto trappings, totally agree.

Definitely one of the best and one of the few good things to come out of Shippuden.

Do the production values improve? To me, the show's plot isn't as much the problem as is the bad dialog, lame shot composition, terrible pacing and sometimes laughable animation.

Crocodile

This "fight" was such a disappointment. Literally no heart put into this animation or encounter. Shitty production schedules at work I guess?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's funny how CP9 has an animal thing going.

Lucci: Leopard
Kaku: Giraffe
Kalifa: Sheep
Blueno: Bull
Jabra: Wolf
Fukuro: Owl
Kumadori: Lion
Spandam: Panda

There was also the rookie Nero, the Weasel.

BatDan

The trailer for Wanna be the Strongest in the World is tasteless and pandering.

You don't have to make it so obvious, Funi.

This is how Funimation makes their money.
Dragon Ball
One Piece
Their subscription service
Ads on their simulcasts
Trashy fanservice shows.

Do the production values improve? To me, the show's plot isn't as much the problem as is the bad dialog, lame shot composition, terrible pacing and sometimes laughable animation.

Naruto Shippuuden has some really well animated fight sequences from the next arc on, though not all of them are. At the very least, I don't think we get anything as bad as Team Guy vs. Team Guy in canon material anymore. There are even some filler arcs that have really good animation, like the Chikara / Power arc.

TheChits

JUST LIKE REAL WRESTLING!!!

I don't care for wrestling, if you couldn't tell.

236%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20headset%20stone_cold_steve_austin%20wwf.gif

Crocodile

It's funny how CP9 has an animal thing going.

Lucci: Leopard
Kaku: Giraffe
Kalifa: Sheep
Blueno: Bull
Jabra: Wolf
Fukuro: Owl
Kumadori: Lion
Spandam: Panda

There was also the rookie Nero, the Weasel.

How is Spandam a panda? Just his name? Kalifa's sheep bubble move is the first thing she's done that has been "sheep like" - a very weak connection IMO. Also how is Fukuro an owl? I do get the other references though.

Grexeno

How is Spandam a panda? Just his name? Kalifa's sheep bubble move is the first thing she's done that has been "sheep like" - a very weak connection IMO. Also how is Fukuro an owl? I do get the other references though.
Fukuro literally calls himself "The Silent Owl", uses the owl analogy when describing his assassinations, and literally hoots after Chopper nails him.

Moaradin

It has a few good animated fights and I remember one of the episodes was pretty artsy, with some nice production values.

Oda has done art of every CP9 affiliated with animals, and they are exactly the ones listed. At the very least, Oda seems to think that's enough.

And "fukuro" is Japanese for "owl".

So guys what have you done on this lovely SAOturday? Today was an anime catch up day and while I still have a few more shows to catch up on/finish I was at least able to reduce by semi-active backlog.

Crocodile

PSA: Don't go see Home. That movie was boring as fuck.

I kind of wanted to support that out of principle but I'd be lying if I said the previews made it look particularly interesting to me.

Fukuro literally calls himself "The Silent Owl", uses the owl analogy when describing his assassinations, and literally hoots after Chopper nails him.

Did he do all this in the English dub? I must have just forgotten.

Oda has done art of every CP9 affiliated with animals, and they are exactly the ones listed. At the very least, Oda seems to think that's enough.

And "fukuro" is Japanese for "owl".

Interesting, I didn't know any of this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So guys what have you done on this lovely SAOturday? Today was an anime catch up day and while I still have a few more shows to catch up on/finish I was at least able to reduce by semi-active backlog.
Went to the college library to check out a book (for TWO HOURS because who knows) to work on a 4-page paper due 4/7. Saw a picture of the girl my dad is trying to set a blind date up for me. Little sis has spring break, went to her grandma's for the week.

Went to the college library to check out a book (for TWO HOURS because who knows) to work on a 4-page paper due 4/7. Saw a picture of the girl my dad is trying to set a blind date up for me. Little sis has spring break, went to her grandma's for the week.

What's the 411 on the girl, bro?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What's the 411 on the girl, bro?
Basically, Thursday night, my dad was taking her home, somehow the topic of myself came up, so he told her a bit about me & I guess he said either I could do a blind date or meet her as a friend first, then see about a date, but I figured I should just do the former since I feel like it wouldn't be completely "blind" since my father told both us a bit about each other & I'd rather not take the risk of meeting as friends first, then not being able to ask her on a date or something.

I still gotta figure out when it's happening, though. Considering my last date was in 2012 & this is a rare opportunity, I'm hoping this goes well. Probably will have to start posting in DatingGAF soon. I know "just be yourself", but my mind has been looping between a bunch of other thoughts as well.

Jarate

Banned
Basically, Thursday night, my dad was taking her home, somehow the topic of myself came up, so he told her a bit about me & I guess he said either I could do a blind date or meet her as a friend first, then see about a date, but I figured I should just do the former since I feel like it wouldn't be completely "blind" since my father told both us a bit about each other & I'd rather not take the risk of meeting as friends first, then not being able to ask her on a date or something.

I still gotta figure out when it's happening, though. Considering my last date was in 2012 & this is a rare opportunity, I'm hoping this goes well. Probably will have to start posting in DatingGAF soon. I know "just be yourself", but my mind has been looping between a bunch of other thoughts as well.

Make sure you talk about anime, your waifu, and erotic visual novels. Women love that stuff

Also, y'all should be watching the college basketball tournament, so fucking hype

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Make sure you talk about anime, your waifu, and erotic visual novels. Women love that stuff
Well, from what my dad told me, she likes games, so at the very least, that kind of takes some stress off. Still trying to figure out about the topic of anime.

Maybe I'll get lucky & she'll be like my childhood friend's Australian wife, who's into both. Though obviously, I'll still talk about other stuff. Last thing I want is to find out we've got nothing in common/talk about & there's that awkward silence in the air.

Wait they aren't airing the new sword art season?
Tonight at 1 AM.

BatDan

So who's going to stay up for the whole thing? Seems pointless to watch Attack on Titan again

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I had to deal with watching the entire AoT S1 marathon. I have no motive to rewatch the first season AGAIN.

Well, from what my dad told me, she likes games, so at the very least, that kind of takes some stress off. Still trying to figure out about the topic of anime.

Maybe I'll get lucky & she'll be like my childhood friend's Australian wife, who's into both. Though obviously, I'll still talk about other stuff. Last thing I want is to find out we've got nothing in common/talk about & there's that awkward silence in the air.

just bring it up casually but don't weeb out over it. last girl i dated would watch space dandy with me whenever she came over on saturday nights even though she wasn't into anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom