• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

musing

Inuyasha ends the week after Momocon. So we'll probably hear about its successor sometime in early May and perhaps Kill La Kill's will be announced at the panel.

April will probably be pretty static.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Better dub than LH. Also has an amazing opening. Also had a mini harem and a bother sister creepy relationship instigated by the girl.
I relistened to some of episode 4.

Why are there so many high-pitched voices uuugggghhh

Also, yes, gotta keep that theme going that SAO introduced.

"Your prize is...a kiss!"

"But she's my sister!"

"It doesn't matter!!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I continue to hope that maybe Jojo will premiere on Toonami, because damn it I want to know what happened with that test dub over a year ago.

Otherwise, aside from Sailor Moon which will be 12:30's replacement because hour of new shows powered by nostalgia, can't think of anything else at the moment.

Aside from Sailor Moon Crystal, what shows have been high on their radar?

JosephMagicTrick.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Akame ga Kill was also requested a bit, but still no word if Sentai will work with Toonami.

Edit:: Back from Janurary's Q&A, they said these were the top requested shows at the moment:

Attack on Titan Season Two (will most likely happen)
Sword Art Online Season Two (happened)
Kill La Kill (happened)
Sailor Moon (possible)
Anything Gundam (something something legal rights)

& before that, in Sept., it was just Sailor Moon, SAO2, & Kill la Kill. Also, can't help but notice this....

Anonymous Asked: NOBODY WANTS TO WATCH RE RUNS OF ATTACK ON TITAN

WE BET THE RATINGS WILL TELL A DIFFERENT STORY

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering the demand & the nostalgia behind it, SMC is just a matter of time.

I feel like it'll be KLK's replacement because, from what I imagine, SM was one of their most popular shows along with DBZ, so having an hour of nostalgia would be beneficial for the ratings....though then again, Final Act is later in the night & one could argue that was another popular series.

Squishy3

God I hope not. That show is a trainwreck in all the wrong ways. It might make for a good hate watch, but it's sad to see a production company absolutely butcher the source material.
Never underestimate Studio Pierrot. Their Naruto adaptation makes the manga look amazing in comparison.

Considering the demand & the nostalgia behind it, SMC is just a matter of time.

I feel like it'll be KLK's replacement because, from what I imagine, SM was one of their most popular shows along with DBZ, so having an hour of nostalgia would be beneficial for the ratings....though then again, Final Act is later in the night & one could argue that was another popular series.

A popular series that DeMarco and co seem to forgot was popular, nobody at Toonami forgets how popular Sailor Moon is

daveo42

Banned
Toonami |Apr15| If you're banned in thread, you're banned in real life

Toonami |Apr15| MLG has a new home

Toonami |Apr15| Everybody gets 3

God I hope not. That show is a trainwreck in all the wrong ways. It might make for a good hate watch, but it's sad to see a production company absolutely butcher the source material.

It happened to Soul Eater and Blue Exorcist and both have landed on the block. As long as it's popular and feasible, Toonami will be eyeing it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
btw the US press release doesnt mention a CE/LE at all.
No surprise there. We'll probably just get another pre-order/first print edition like with Unlimited World Red.

Also, talk in the thread about PW3's LE is urging me to go read the manga so I can catch up due to the game focusing on canon again.

daveo42

Banned
It happened to Soul Eater and Blue Exorcist and both have landed on the block. As long as it's popular and feasible, Toonami will be eyeing it.

True, it's just more my personal preference, since Tokyo Ghoul's anime is more a poorly created Frankenstein's monster from chopped up bits of the manga from start to finish. At least with Soul Eater and Blue Exorcist, they didn't get really bad until Bones went with gecko endings. TG didn't even need one since they had the majority of the source by the end of season 1, they just made it fit into a contracted schedule.

One anime not mentioned that I hope comes to Toonami, and already has a complete dub, is Magi. It's weak at points, but it's overall pretty entertaining. Plus, it has a really good first opening but mediocre other openings, which makes it a good fit for the way Toonami handles openings. There is the issue of uncensored genie breasts, though.

Grexeno

One anime not mentioned that I hope comes to Toonami, and already has a complete dub, is Magi. It's weak at points, but it's overall pretty entertaining. Plus, it has a really good first opening but mediocre other openings, which makes it a good fit for the way Toonami handles openings. There is the issue of uncensored genie breasts, though.
I think we do see Magi this year.

This gets my vote.
Everyone says it's terrible so I'll probably end up thinking it's mediocre/good. Not sure about having another long running shonen on the block though...I feel like it would rate at least as high as One Piece, which isn't exactly hard to do.

Edit: I think bass thinks it's ok, nothing special but generic

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Everyone says it's terrible so I'll probably end up thinking it's mediocre/good. Not sure about having another long running shonen on the block though...I feel like it would rate at least as high as One Piece, which isn't exactly hard to do.

Edit: I think bass thinks it's ok, nothing special but generic

The thing is its not a bad show. That's not really what people complain about, its problem is that it is formulaic to an absolutely insane degree. Every arc has the same pacing, the plots always develop in the same way, at the same rate, and they have the same basic solution to the problem every time. It never gets shaken up, ever. You can almost set your watch to it. People like it well enough until they realize this.

The thing is its not a bad show. That's not really what people complain about, its problem is that it is formulaic to an absolutely insane degree. Every arc has the same pacing, the plots always develop in the same way, at the same rate, and they have the same basic solution to the problem every time. It never gets shaken up, ever. You can almost set your watch to it. People like it well enough until they realize this.

(to be fair you can kind of make that argument for One Piece)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom