• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Demarco trying to get that shonen hype.

Maybe Toonami might get moved to 8. Keep that kid audience that they might want who might enjoy the action shows.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shippuden gets numbers as it is, and it's already getting the rub from DBZ and KLK where it is. One Piece is later in the night when the audience has already ground down due to attrition. It could use the boost of getting an earlier slot and DBZ bump to promote it, which could in turn bring up Gurren Lagann and DMW.

Actually thinking about it Funimation controls both One Piece and DBZ.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
encore one piece basically starting with weeks of weird filler that has nothing to do with the regular show

probably gonna work out great

Maybe Intruder 2 has to do with Toonami moving to 8pm...

That could be a possibility

Heck lets get crazy/nuts here's a wild theory

Lets say the re-expand Toonami back to 4am that would give us 4 hours of premiers from midnights to 4am

Then we have this encore block at 8pm, that expands to encore every show on the block

Saturday could become Toonami day 8 hours of Toonami! Who's ready for the 8 hour challenge?!

This would never happen, though I would truly be impressed by people who could watch Toonami for 8 hours

Htown

OKAY DOIN IT BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND SWORD ART ONLINE SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 GOOOOO

OKAY DOIN IT BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND SWORD ART ONLINE SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 GOOOOO

kGEDgtR.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
To be fair the first few episodes at least do a good job of giving the impression the show might actually be decent and its just a case of mediocre thing is popular = must hate by online nerd

True, it does mask it's shitty-ness well early on. That said, if you know what to look for you can tell it's going to be shit in the first 15 minutes.

Htown

just finished the first episode

Eh.

I found stuff mostly annoying until they got to the actual plot. Which is, of course, "If I die in the game, I die in real life!"

lol

Kirito seems bland as hell. Here's hoping he gets more interesting.

On the plus side, it does seem like this was actually created by someone who has actually played a video game before. Maybe I'm just used to the CSI/SVU level junk we get on American TV.

Also anybody who rolled a tank class is probably shitting themselves right now

In conclusion, that was SUPER AVERAGE.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
On the plus side, it does seem like this was actually created by someone who has actually played a video game before. Maybe I'm just used to the CSI/SVU level junk we get on American TV.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehhehe
Hehehehehehehheheheh

Jintor

log horizon, now, log horizon feels like someone made that who not only played a game, but got trapped in his room and could only interact with human beings via that game for like five months

sao... is like if a 14 year old played a game and was convinced he knew everything about it

both are better than svu

Crocodile

Eh.

I found stuff mostly annoying until they got to the actual plot. Which is, of course, "If I die in the game, I die in real life!"

lol

152268-sensible-chuckle-gif-imgur-tum-TLXE.gif

Man I have been obsessed with Persona 4 Golden lately; got the game on Friday and have already sunk 57 hours into it. When I'm at work all I can think about is getting home to flirt it up with my waifus, hit the virtual movies with my boys, and crawl through some dungeons full of delightfully odd looking monsters. I haven't been this into a game since...well, probably when I was a pre-teen. This is the best JRPG, no wait, scratch that - this is the best game that I've played in the past decade, period. It oozes style and the writing has made me laugh out loud more than every other game I've played in my life combined. Can't believe I waited until now to jump into this series.

Moaradin

Man I have been obsessed with Persona 4 Golden lately; got the game on Friday and have already sunk 57 hours into it. When I'm at work all I can think about is getting home to flirt it up with my waifus, hit the virtual movies with my boys, and crawl through some dungeons full of delightfully odd looking monsters. I haven't been this into a game since...well, probably when I was a pre-teen. This is the best JRPG, no wait, scratch that - this is the best game that I've played in the past decade, period. It oozes style and the writing has made me laugh out loud more than every other game I've played in my life combined. Can't believe I waited until now to jump into this series.

Enjoy it while it last. Felt like I lost something important when I finished that game. I haven't felt that attached to a game in ages.

Htown

episode 2

okay this is starting to take a turn into dumb town

1. why are you refusing a health potion when you're about to die? what's the point?

2. I think we spent at least as much time mourning the dude who died as we did actually getting to know that character

3. This "we hate the beta testers" thing is dumb as FUCK.

4. But not as dumb as "Beater." Are we supposed to take that scene seriously?

Other random thoughts:

Oh hey it's a random love interest who wears a hood entirely for the "wow look at her!" reveal mid-fight

also how do you get that good at the combat without knowing how to read a name on the screen?

Thanks for the save, That One Black Dude in Sword Art Online!

Are we supposed to assume that quests and enemies don't respawn ever? Because that dumb angry guy was talking like everything was limited, but then Kirito was like "hey girl if you want more o' dat cream you go do this quest."

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Eh.

lol

Trust me, the author had no clue what he was writing about in regards to MMORPGs.

I've actually never had a problem with the weird hatred for beta testers. It doesn't make sense, but I don't think the mob mentality of a bunch of people in that situation has to make sense.

I doubt that was intentional, though.

Jarate

Banned
I wish Persona had less social shit and more dungeon crawling. I really need to just play the Shin Megami Tensei games I guess lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've actually never had a problem with the weird hatred for beta testers. It doesn't make sense, but I don't think the mob mentality of a bunch of people in that situation has to make sense.

I doubt that was intentional, though.

Except for the fact that they wrote guides for the game based off their experiences and passed them out like a Jehovah's Witness on 53rd and Lex. If anything they should have been revered as warrior-gods.

Jarate

Banned
Can we all just admit something

Klein was the best character in the show and wouldve been the perfect partner for Kirito. He was legit the only character I cared about, and every time he wanted to get on screen Kirito would push him away because he's an asshole

I wish Persona had less social shit and more dungeon crawling. I really need to just play the Shin Megami Tensei games I guess lol
See, I really enjoy the social aspect of the game and feel like the grind doesn't get rewarding until halfway through. I'm at the lab now.

Klein was the best character in the show and wouldve been the perfect partner for Kirito. He was legit the only character I cared about, and every time he wanted to get on screen Kirito would push him away because he's an asshole

SAO II SPOILERS
You're probably going to like the Caliber arc.

Except for the fact that they wrote guides for the game based off their experiences and passed them out like a Jehovah's Witness on 53rd and Lex. If anything they should have been revered as warrior-gods.

See, I still think that falls under the umbrella of "people are fucking idiots in a situation like this and will blame anyone regardless of whether it makes sense."

Moaradin

Eh, all the characters in SAO are shit. He just isn't in it enough for me to hate him yet.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
See, I still think that falls under the umbrella of "people are fucking idiots in a situation like this and will blame anyone regardless of whether it makes sense."

Oh, I get that I just think it was so sloppily done that it's stupid by default. Like if there were one or two beta testers who were going around being uber-dicks and ruining it for everyone else, I'd totally be cool with it. It's just that the plot point, as with literally all of the other ones, is poorly thought out and executed.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yup, I learned that the hard way. I still do want to go back to P3 before the next game comes out. Hopefully there will be a long enough gap since I've played P4 to forget about all the gameplay improvements lol

I like p3s story more. While P3 plays more like an oldschool SMT with some really randomly-cheap encounters, the parts that arent gameplay are much more rewarding. This could just be me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom