• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They both have insanely boring bits though. SAO front loads it while AOT has it in the middle.

I think AOT has much higher highs but SAO is more even.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As I've mentioned a bunch I follow the odd anime trends on Netflix.

So FMA:B is one of the real odd balls on there, it's been on the service for years now but they've never added the fifth and final season. I think it's because they hate the final opening as much as I do. Anyways right around the same time TOONAMI lost the rights to it Netflix did as well. It showed up again a few weeks later, still oddly enough four seasons.

HOWEVER the quality of the show's stream has improved significantly as I found out a few minutes ago watching the various openings. It looks spectacular. I'm pretty sure the show was always HD so I have no clue why this transfer is so much better.

Moaradin

Sadly, SAO2 is a lot more boring than ludicrously bad like the first season. A lot of people are gonna be disappointed.

Grexeno

So FMA:B is one of the real odd balls on there, it's been on the service for years now but they've never added the fifth and final season. I think it's because they hate the final opening as much as I do.
Or more likely Funimation wants you to buy it physically.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

That makes sense in the immediate period (it's also likely why UK Netflix has BOTH SEASONS OF SPACE DANDY and we got nothing because they haven't sold the Discs yet) but it's literally been years and has been renewed.

The other odd ball one they had was only putting up one season of Spice and Wolf at a time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That's probably it, the series is on sale so often that it's easily worth it if you're a fan of the show. I think I averaged like a dollar an episode when I got my set.

The other odd ball one they had was only putting up one season of Spice and Wolf at a time.

Hulu's got all of Spice and Wolf so I don't mind that too much. I want a new season though, someone needs to make that happen. Also make the novels e-books already.

Grexeno

That makes sense in the immediate period (it's also likely why UK Netflix has BOTH SEASONS OF SPACE DANDY and we got nothing because they haven't sold the Discs yet) but it's literally been years and has been renewed.

FMA is probably an evergreen title that Funimation always wants to promote physically.

Soulflarz

Banned
We tend to oversell how wretched SAO is. It's not. It's mainly silly and poorly written, it's not a VVVV level hate crime.

This.

If it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't laugh at SAO. Look, it's not the best written, but the show isn't complete shit. As a whole, don't people like SAO? Theres a reason it's wildly popular

R-right?

Oh, Joe.

tdlcgxn6bxhmex1lfk92.jpg

http://kotaku.com/joe-biden-gets-too-close-to-anime-girls-1688860574

daveo42

Banned
News that SAO II is more boring is not good news. I want a good hate watch of a bad show and that was going to be SAO II for me this year.

That's probably it, the series is on sale so often that it's easily worth it if you're a fan of the show. I think I averaged like a dollar an episode when I got my set.

Hulu's got all of Spice and Wolf so I don't mind that too much. I want a new season though, someone needs to make that happen. Also make the novels e-books already.

You and me both. It's been far too long since the last season came out.

Raxus

SAO II is still a good hate watch it just has dull moments and if it is to be believed
ruins everything in the second half by actually being kind of good.

Soulflarz

Banned
My love and hate of SAO completely depends on the part of the show. S1 part 2 seemed pointless for example, but I liked s2 part 2 for the same logic while I hated 1-2. So...I'm actually unsure what makes me like or hate SAO. How much rapeyness it has?

Bio-Frost

Hmm...curious how balanced this game is in comparison to something like Ascension, which it seems this game heavily borrows from. The $100 option seems okay since you get Season 1 with it as well, which I don't currently own.

I went ahead and asked about the $100 one. Im curious if you get the bluray now or in September when the card game ships.

daveo42

Banned
Watched the gameplay vid too. There are a few other systems in play similar like defending yourself from others and registering aliens for points that might make this a bit more interesting outside of just the Dandy premise. I'd love to get my hands on it just to get a feel for the game and try it out.

I went ahead and asked about the $100 one. Im curious if you get the bluray now or in September when the card game ships.

That's actually a good point as well. They might just ship it with the game in September to cut back on shipping costs, but we don't know that for sure.

Bio-Frost

Watched the gameplay vid too. There are a few other systems in play similar like defending yourself from others and registering aliens for points that might make this a bit more interesting outside of just the Dandy premise. I'd love to get my hands on it just to get a feel for the game and try it out.

That's actually a good point as well. They might just ship it with the game in September to cut back on shipping costs, but we don't know that for sure.

Just got an answer

"We will be shipping Space Dandy: Season One separately within 30 days of the end of the campaign."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One Piece of all shows? Interesting. Maybe they chose that as to get people to stick around for the end of the block, where as DBZ Kai probably helps the block be known.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That one is curious since you would think Shippuden would have been the choice.

Shippuden gets numbers as it is, and it's already getting the rub from DBZ and KLK where it is. One Piece is later in the night when the audience has already ground down due to attrition. It could use the boost of getting an earlier slot and DBZ bump to promote it, which could in turn bring up Gurren Lagann and DMW.

Shippuden gets numbers as it is, and it's already getting the rub from DBZ and KLK where it is. One Pieceis later in the night when the audience has already ground down due to attrition. It could use the boost of getting an earlier slot and DBZ bump to promote it, which could in turn bring up Gurren Lagann and DMW.

That seems plausible.
It kind of makes some sense to have the first premiere (Kai) and the last premiere (One Piece) rerunning that early.

Well that's exciting, I doubt I'll ever check out these encore performances but it's nice to have them for these long running shows in case people miss the previous weeks showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom