• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

People need to calm down about OPM till we know if it's actually good.

I'm STILL hurt about what happened to Eyeshield 21. I don't trust the anime industry with Murata's art.

Raxus

Man, the next episode of the 2nd Chunin exam filler arc is called Tenten's Problems.

I officially give 0 fucks for this filler.

People need to calm down about OPM till we know if it's actually good.

I'm STILL hurt about what happened to Eyeshield 21. I don't trust the anime industry with Murata's art.
Yeah. To be honest Im not too hopeful if Sunrise is adapting it. They should have gotten Madhouse.

This better get localized.
vQLRO7.gif

Just watched the 8th episode of Panty and Stocking.
Man, the first part wasnt all that great but that second judge part was awesome as hell.
The parody on this show is on point.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just watched the 8th episode of Panty and Stocking.
Man, the first part wasnt all that great but that second judge part was awesome as hell.
The parody on this show is on point.
Oh god yes, the 2nd half of Episode 8 is probably one of my favorite parts.

ACE ATTORNEY MONKEY!!

Crocodile

-DBZ Kai getting monster ratings on Toonami
-DragonBall Topics all over OT
-DBZ: Xenoverse selling like gangbusters
-Brand New DBZ movie next month

DBZ WILL NEVER DIE!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I keep forgetting there's going to be that new Digimon anime to celebrate 15 years (damn, do I feel old). Legit question, do you think there's a chance Toonami might pick it up knowing there's nostalgia for the series, especially considering it's a continuation of the first season, which could be considered the most popular?

I'm still wondering if they'll get some of the original VA cast back, considering the same is being done for the JPN dub.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I keep forgetting there's going to be that new Digimon anime to celebrate 15 years (damn, do I feel old). Legit question, do you think there's a chance Toonami might pick it up knowing there's nostalgia for the series, especially considering it's a continuation of the first season, which could be considered the most popular?

I'm still wondering if they'll get some of the original VA cast back, considering the same is being done for the JPN dub.

Joshua Seth (voice of Taichi) retired from voice acting, but has stated he would gladly come back if asked.
Thing is, I don't want Saban to get the dub. Their dub of Xros Wars was terrible.

Seda

I did see a fair amount of Digimon growing up, but I was never a fan at all, really. It's kinda weird to see all the hoopla around the new series, the Vita game, when it went up on Netflix etc. I never realized how 'big' it was, in a sense.

BatDan

Looking up the other Adventure actors, the only other problem will be Jo's actor Michael Lindsay. He retired a few years ago. He was the original voice of Urahara and Kankuro.

I really want to see the new Digimon but watching Digimon subbed is just 2weird4me will probably wait for the dub even if it's a Saban travesty <_<

Crocodile

You keep forgetting because Toei has done a shit job of sustaining hype with their silly online web game and the fact that we STILL don't even have a PV. I'm going to need some animation and get a good idea of the quality of the writing and the directions the intend to take the plot before I get hype.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I did see a fair amount of Digimon growing up, but I was never a fan at all, really. It's kinda weird to see all the hoopla around the new series, the Vita game, when it went up on Netflix etc. I never realized how 'big' it was, in a sense.
I must've been about 9 when the series aired on Fox. I think Digimon is part of the reason why I got into anime, along with Pokemon. I got out of it around Season 4 mainly because either it was on at weird times (like 5 in the morning) or it was on a different channel that I didn't have (Toon Disney).

I really want to see the new Digimon but watching Digimon subbed is just 2weird4me will probably wait for the dub even if it's a Saban travesty <_<
Yeah, it's one of those series that I'm just too used to hearing in English. See also FLCL, FMA, Pokemon.

One of my early memories is that school got cancelled, so we quick swung by the store & my mom bought me the Digimon movie so I could watch it while she worked & to wait for my dad to pick me up. That was a good day.

Moaradin

Never got into Digimon. When I was a kid it felt like you had to pick a side: Pokemon, or Digimon.

And I was in the Pokemon camp.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was in the whynotboth.gif camp. I'm still kind of surprised after all these years, there wasn't a Digimon & Pokemon crossover.

Though I never did play any of the Digimon games. Didn't help growing up, I didn't have the systems to play them on.

Seda

By the way, the March 28th schedule for adult swim doesn't show the Toonami block. Wonder if they are deciding things still.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Didn't SAO originally premiere at 2 AM? I doubt SAO2 will premiere at that time as well (though Gurren Lagann DOES air at that time...).

Seda

Didn't SAO originally premiere at 2 AM? I doubt SAO2 will premiere at that time as well (though Gurren Lagann DOES air at that time...).

Well it was announced to air at 1AM. That could still happen, maybe it won't. Maybe the rest of the block will simply slide down, maybe it won't. It doesn't really matter, I was just noting it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My friends and I all thought Digimon was a Pokemon rip-off and ignored it. I will say that the first movie was badass and that Frontier was cool.
You mean Summer Wars: Digimon Edition?

It's actually kind of weird going back & rewatching it, pointing out the similarities between the two, considering it's by the same person. Plus it was interesting seeing what was cut out when Fox cut & mashed the 3 OVAs together.

I don't care what people say but Digimon Frontier was the best season of that show.
I know a lot of people hated it but I loved the concept and the characters were awesome.

I don't care what people say but Digimon Frontier was the best season of that show.
I know a lot of people hated it but I loved the concept and the characters were awesome.

Frontier was great, I get why people were initially hesitant to it and losing the digi-destined + digimon combo sucked, but the added strength of it's smaller main cast and fantastic story worked well. It swaps with season 1 as my second favorite season with S3 being the best.

BatDan

You mean Summer Wars: Digimon Edition?

It's actually kind of weird going back & rewatching it, pointing out the similarities between the two, considering it's by the same person. Plus it was interesting seeing what was cut out when Fox cut & mashed the 3 OVAs together.

Technically, the first Digimon movie is the first part of the American movie. With young Taichi and Hikari, and Greymon at the end. It premiered in theaters a day before the first episode of the TV series aired.

Oh and just to give you an idea of how old One Piece is.
The very first movie was a double feature with Our War Game.

Technically, the first Digimon movie is the first part of the American movie. With young Taichi and Hikari, and Greymon at the end. It premiered in theaters a day before the first episode of the TV series aired.

Oh and just to give you an idea of how old One Piece is.
The very first movie was a double feature with Our War Game.

Imagine if that OP film had been a double feature with the digimon movie in the US, instead of that Angela Anaconda sketch

<__________________________________________________<

Seda

DeMarco tweeted out a WSJ piece on Adult Swim.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/adult-swim-how-to-run-a-creative-hothouse-1426199501?tesla=y

Barely anything Toonami related save for one. Want to know why Toonami Pre-Flight exists?

Lately, the project generating most excitement at headquarters is &#8220;FishCenter.&#8221; Last fall, looking to develop content for the website&#8217;s streaming video channels, staffers simply pointed a camera at the aquarium full of tropical fish in the network&#8217;s digital department. Next came commentary about the fish from some human hosts and a phone number for viewers to call in, most of them Adult Swim employees at first. Interest picked up after producers added a faux-serious competition in which Sir Squirt, Tang and the other fish score points by swimming over coins superimposed on screen.

Last month, Mr. Lazzo put the show on TV. In the first week, episodes consisting of highlights from each day&#8217;s live webcast appeared at 4 a.m. and drew a total of 2.6 million viewers&#8212;some of whom wondered on Twitter if &#8220;FishCenter&#8221; was a prank. The on-air exposure in turn boosted the live audience for the weekday web show to 5,000 viewers from 120. That led to another online show dedicated to the network&#8217;s popular cartoon block Toonami.

Crocodile

I think I actually saw this on TV late one night. However, since I wasn't high or drunk at the time, I ignored it and turned off my TV like a sensible adult with reasonable tastes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just wait until they make the Fish Channel, where it's nothing but 24 hours of a fish tank for your TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom