• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the entire article though. It's really interesting.

I was really surprised by how barebones the network is. It's a really tiny group of people.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Neat. Watching One Piece all week and I'm only...11 months behind current.

This arc is wonderful animated. Looks awful but its so entertaining.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Catching up on Steven Universe

Just finished the Lapis Lazuli episode, I can see how this picked up steam for a lot of people.

Raxus

...How can a show based off of no previous work even have filler?!?

Recap episode isn't the same thing.

I was joking somewhat. The character building/introduction episodes people have called filler since they sometimes don't deal with the overarching plot. With a series like this though settings and small details in one episode leads to major plot points down the line.

Seda

NO1IODI.png

Naruto seemingly moves after Inuyasha

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, that'll be interesting to see how much of a drop in viewership Shippuden will get, unless they hope the fans are willing to stay up that long/watch the other shows while waiting for that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pre-Flight question on Facebook:

"In celebration of Toonami’s incept date, 03.17.97, Tuesday’s Pre-Flight is a look back at Toonami through the years. Question of the week - What is your favorite Toonami Show, Promo, or Memory?"

Wow, few more days, it'll be the 18th anniversary of when Toonami premiered.

Regiruler

My circle pad rubber came off sometime last night and I have no idea where it could be. Bah.

Too lazy to syatem transfer right now but I want to play Kid Icarus.

EDIT: Holy crap, I just found it 30 seconds after this post. Gotta send my regards to St. Anthony.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Genndy's Popeye movie has been killed.
Poor guy... he just wants to animate but the studios keep screwing him over.

Well, they also have a piece of real estate at 8:30 PM currently.

Heh, that's true.

daveo42

Banned
Genndy's Popeye movie has been killed.
Poor guy... he just wants to animate but the studios keep screwing him over.

Heh, that's true.

There's always Disney. Seriously though, I really want to see more from him and it seems like these studios don't feel the same way.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's always Disney. Seriously though, I really want to see more from him and it seems like these studios don't feel the same way.
Disney already technically made a Popeye film. The one with Robin Williams. Hard to say if they'd want to make another.

A shame, because the test animation really captured the tone & feel of the original while still managing to look unique.

NO1IODI.png

Naruto seemingly moves after Inuyasha

This line up makes sense to me

DBZ does work in the premier spot
The two newest shows most recently dubbed and probably new to the biggest % of the AS audience, then InuYasha a slightly older show but still new to tv. Then an hour of super long running shonen that their fan base will stay up for anyways.

Seda

Pretty awful schedule, no way Naruto Shippuden deserves to be shown that late especially as it nears even more fantastic moments.

Not talking about show 'quality' (lol) but:

If there was any time to move Naruto back in the line up, it would be right as it starts filler for a few months....which is exactly the case.

DBZ has already (easily) been the best rated show since the revival, so it's staying it front, and newer shows that have not aired in English follow that. One Piece at the end kinda stinks for fans but it's been on the block for a while now (nearing two years) and has never rated consistently.

It's sensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom