• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

PPFt0FI.jpg

BBboy20

I've triiieeeedddd, but it hasn't happened yet. Though it doesn't help that I'm still living at home & I feel like I have to do the most to help around the house, helping care for my little sister & "returning" the favor for my dad letting me continue to live at home by doing a ton of chores, so it's hard to feel like I can have a good amount of free time, especially now when I have 3rd shift & I basically get no alone time since I sleep when they're at work or school.
...there was this friend I've known for a year and a half, liked a lot of similar things even so she was also a staunched pop music gal, being submerged with that circle of friends, and having an self-deprecating demeanor; besides that, she was probably almost my doppelganger. We ended up making plans on going to this year's San Diego Comic Con last year. During this time, she's battling throat cancer and eventually beaten it in October. I suppose I get motivated like a super nanny whenever someone is stricken, rather physically or mentally, but we started to become "cute" to one another sometime after it went to remission; we started to become closer, our bonds.

This was probably around that time that an spark occurred that made me start to fall in love with her.

Playing Triforce Heroes with her was an joy even with it's flaws and then we started sharing digits (we already had our street addresses for Christmas cards the previous year) and then we started talking privately much more often to the point where it would seem like we were a couple, sharing bits more information about each other, sharing our joys and fears, becoming closer. Come New Years Day, I started treating her like she was my girlfriend and on that same day she eventually told me that she was only a friend to me and told me not feel bad for making such a mistake.

I should have been banished from her life and was willing to accept such a consequence but she told me not to feel guilty about it, that all I had to do to make her my New Year's Resolution was to be "a good friend".

So, things relatively went back to normal, abet being a bit more emotionally distanced on my part. But, something changed during this January, probably after the 8th when she started to become less responsive, potentially a bit cynical, and a lot more colder; noticing that she was frolicking to everyone else like usual while it was starting to feel like I was being left in the dust like some fuckboy and she only was connected to me because of some obligation based on our history together. I eventually asked her if something was wrong with me...no response. I've been starting to feel stressful about this when nothing else distracted my mind, fearing that we were becoming distanced; that eventually, it would not be cancer that takes her away from me but it would be...me. I tried communicating with her but she rarely did, being stone cold factual when she ever did. I then started to go through some additional bodily troubles and it made me ask her again but by revealing both the fact that this isn't the first time a friend, not to long ago, pushed me away from her life for unknown reasons and that I might die like my father and brother before I could plead her on what was wrong with us in an attempt to convey that I was not being desperate out of being an man but someone who has a dissolving body and that I have experience of this Question Mark fucking me over before and fearful that I'm going through it again.

No response.

Despite what appears to be social cruelty, I still tried giving her the benefit of the doubt due to my history of fuck-ups; still sitting with the default possible motivation that this silence was my fault despite conjuring up all sorts of theories on why she was doing this to begin with. Was around this time she stopped responding to me privately and around the end of January, she responded to me publicly once, again being stone cold factual about what her schedule was. I still tried communicating back on both channels but nothing. At the start of February, I decided to try calling her. No answer and no voice message. The next day, I tried again, same result. The third day, the same.

Later on this day though, I noticed she blocked me on Twitter.

Then I discovered every form of electronic communications we've been connected to were removed.

One of my greatest fears came true.

I've sent her a simple birthday postcard but no response. Otherwise, it's been 6 weeks now since she banished me from her life. Despite all the reevaluations of every response I've made to her during January and all the advice I've asked which have lead to different theories...I ultimately don't know why she did this. I've hinted about this before if anyone else noticed but this is the gist of it. I want to have her back and just forgive her and pretend none of this happened but I must acknowledge the possibility that I may have been used rather then misunderstood. As far as I know, she's still being that semi-popular nerd that people who have the same tastes and mindset like a lot while I'm confused & frustrated on why she left me being confused & frustrated, with almost all of these friends being none of the wiser on what I am going through. She started become something that meant everything to me, a being I was willing to move heaven and earth for, even if she never loved me back the same way I wanted to for her and I wanted to believe she knew and fathomed that. She appeared to respect that but maybe she was thought of my feelings as something else despite, at one point, telling her that I loved her and she responded with a Star Wars emoticon of Leia's famous quote "I know"...or worst, pretending to understand that (or maybe there some 3rd party involved in witch I too am a victim of ; thank heavens my friend reconnected and kicked out that fuckboy from her life)

I was willing to be selfless for her and yet she appears to deny me even that.

The Question Mark is truly a horrific thing to experience when it comes to bonds; most go through this personal drama by romance yet here I am experiencing this over trying to be a good buddy. Maybe she is an attention seeker and I became old news; maybe she freaked out over nothing despite doing my best to communicate my concerns about us...maybe I somehow fucked up trying to convey my fears despite doing my best not to...I don't know...and the worst part is that I may never know why.

I haven't stressed about this (besides that one Snapchat glitched notification that I mistaken her trying to reconnect) since taking the advice of others, but despite knowing (and told by one) that the best solution here is just let go and move on...it's kind-of hard to not since this is the unknown I'm dealing with, where hope always drifts around (and add in all the pop culture and entertainment that been happening this year that, if things were different, I would be gossiping the hell and back with and not being able to her sometimes stings).

I believe I will survive this, that my linger for her will slowly drip away by time, at least. But as of the moment, it's mentally complicated to "grab the hatchet" to detach myself from her right away even so it may be the best choice...all because of that god damn Question Mark.

TL;DR:
I'm no longer friends with someone I am in love with for unknown reasons.

I has no love for any topic in education, just wants to play games*
Whats motivation in life.
I've made my peace that I probably was a daydreamer during my middle and high school days, thinking I can make a career in fun without actually thinking how to get there during these times. I coasted, always was decent at that and, unfortunately, that lack of motivation stayed during my public college days and I ended up flunking a lot of classes where all these fun distractions really were part of my life. I wish someone told during my youth that that thinking like an adult or be motivated to the mundane was going to be an needed skill in life and it will be something you will have to hone in 'till the day you die.

I do want to create things, badly...yet I consume and it's so easy to remain in this comfortable spot I've been since middle-school...I try telling myself that whatever point in life you laughed, it was probably worth it...been told to not regret the major life choices I've made...I try.

Regiruler

Thread title got even shittier

EDIT: Lord Jesus @above...
Are you able to contact her in person? I think the time has come to be aggressive with her, if you can muster it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Lord.

BBoy20, believe me when I tell you that the best thing you can do for yourself in this situation is to move the fuck on.

Are you able to contact her in person? I think the time has come to be aggressive with her, if you can muster it.

What? No. Fuck no. Dude.

No.

Line_HTX

I have not pursued a serious relationship because I want to get my life in order first and foremost and I hate having to put time in unnecessary drama like that.

Pointless drama is just a huge turnoff.

Soulflarz

Banned
BBboy, I'm going to write you a serious response later today.

Same, after I'm done being braindead

Though I need to ask BBoy, soft answer that just says the result or hard/blunt answer that'll help you more in the future, because there are two ways to put the situation, and one is a lot more tactless, but I would argue more constructive for the future.

Puruzi

Banned
Thread title got even shittier

EDIT: Lord Jesus @above...

you have got to be kidding.

BBoy, it might be hard but just forget about her. You have to move on, seriously.

Line_HTX

Toonami News ‏@ToonamiNews 11m11 minutes ago

RATINGS NEWS: Early ratings are in with #DimensionW getting 1,385,000 and #Parasyte getting 1,184,000. Other shows should be out later today

Yay, millions love Mira.

Dimension W is so good, I'm thinking of double watching on both audios by going ahead and watch again on Toonami. So far, it's that good to me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You need to move past this. She's just not into you and you came on too hard, even when you thought you were in the just trying to be friends phase. I've been there and I've been in the actual just friends phase and you can plainly tell the difference, shit is night and day.

Gotta let it go.

TUSR

Banned

RATINGS NEWS: Early ratings are in with #DimensionW getting 1,385,000 and #Parasyte getting 1,184,000. Other shows should be out later today

Yay, millions love Mira.

Dimension W is so good, I'm thinking of double watching on both audios by going ahead and watch again on Toonami. So far, it's that good to me.
When Dimension W first came out, I passed it off as waifu merchandise bait.

Pretty happy when I was wrong, been enjoying the hell out of it.

Line_HTX

I went and listened to the actual ED too.

This is probably the first time in a long time where I love the hell out of both the OP and the ED of Dimension W.

Puruzi

Banned
the new ppg came out and it actually sucks the big meat missile

please don't bring back beloved shows to shit on them

why are they doing this

Yay, millions love Mira.

I'm actually really surprised it did okay here considering it didn't have a ton of action

Regiruler

you have got to be kidding.

BBoy, it might be hard but just forget about her. You have to move on, seriously.

Why would I be?

She's clearly in the wrong here if everything he posted is correct. Telling someone to forget is so easy, yet it's a very difficult task for some people.
BBoy has every right to be angry with her.

Yay, millions love Mira.

I don't trust toonami news after I found out they fake the trendings. Is there a source?

Puruzi

Banned
Why would I be?

She's clearly in the wrong here if everything he posted is correct. Telling someone to forget is so easy, yet it's a very difficult task for some people.

I don't trust toonami news after I found out they fake the trendings. Is there a source?

huh?

you're wrong about telling him to try and meet her

Soulflarz

Banned
Why would I be?

In class so short version but- relook at this scenario from her view.
The super short version: she didn't like him, he took what she took as a friendship to be something.
She realized this was awkward and cut it off, now he wants to still talk to her, which isn't his place to force if she wants to cut it off. Telling him to be aggressive towards her puts him from "infatuated to her dismay so she cut him loose" to "oh god this guy likes me and he's stalking me!!" like that one 2chan post about Denko or such.

I'll do a write up from her view when I get back in a few hours, I think it's relatively important to see these social cues for future situations to avoid that.

@BBoy

As hard as it is, take your friend's advice. You're better off just moving on your life, even if you don't know why. Sometimes (well usually) the best decision isn't always the easiest one.

Ultimately, only you know what's right for yourself, but it's important to keep perspective here and know what actions will have what consequences.

Regiruler

In class so short version but- relook at this scenario from her view.
The super short version: she didn't like him, he took what she took as a friendship to be something.
She realized this was awkward and cut it off, now he wants to still talk to her, which isn't his place to force if she wants to cut it off. Telling him to be aggressive towards her puts him from "infatuated to her dismay so she cut him loose" to "oh god this guy likes me and he's stalking me!!" like that one 2chan post about Denko or such.

I'll do a write up from her view when I get back in a few hours, I think it's relatively important to see these social cues for future situations to avoid that.

It's her own job to convey her own point of view. BBoy has tried to reach out to her and gotten null.

To me, avoidance is cowardice.
huh?

you're wrong about telling him to try and meet her
Only by society's flawed construct.

But of course, this is a subjective point of view. But then, so is everything. So I am right. But is everyone.

Soulflarz

Banned
It's her own job to convey her own point of view. BBoy has tried to reach out to her and gotten null.

But of course, this is a subjective point of view. But then, so is everything. So I am right. But is everyone.

She pretty much did state her point of view, without avoidance, other than she doesn't want to explain her stance again. Ever talked to a girl who minds a guy who just won't leave her alone and is infatuated? Compare that. Shes acting reasonably.

Shes hardly a coward -we don't know her at all, that's not fair to say regardless- and telling someone to be aggressive to her is wrong to make her go through, I have no idea why you'd ever tell someone to deal with that when they've shown their point already.
Reminder aggression does not come off well in most cases and comes off very badly in this case.

And society's flawed constructs and subjectivity doesn't make any of that right.

Whoops
I meant
Something something mythology class, interesting, etc

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Maybe, but if she doesn't want to talk to him that's also her right. He can't force a conversation she doesn't want to have.

That should be the opening line. "I know society's flawed construct expects me to respect your wishes and leave you be, but I'm gonna aggressively confront you anyway."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, NIS America discounted Daily Life of High School Boys from $40 to $30. It's kind of tempting, but damn it, could they picked a worse cover?

Like yeah, the scene which that cover is based on is hilarious, but I don't want it as the thing that you see when you grab the Blu-Ray case. Hell, if your mind is pervy enough, you'd think it's a freakin' hentai or something.

Hmmm, NIS America discounted Daily Life of High School Boys from $40 to $30. It's kind of tempting, but damn it, could they picked a worse cover?

Like yeah, the scene which that cover is based on is hilarious, but I don't want it as the thing that you see when you grab the Blu-Ray case. Hell, if your mind is pervy enough, you'd think it's a freakin' hentai or something.

That cover is really bad to someone who hasn't seen the show. It's probably funny if you've seen it, but considering you're most likely selling a show to people that haven't seen it...

I think this might among the worst covers I've seen for an anime BD/DVD. Instant turn-off for anyone who doesn't always think with their crotch.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That cover is really bad to someone who hasn't seen the show. It's probably funny if you've seen it, but considering you're most likely selling a show to people that haven't seen it...
Yeah, it's funny for those who already saw it because it's from a really hilarious scene from the first episode, but out of context, you'd get some very puzzled looks.

So this was the "Platinum Edition" NIS sold at one point.

Still that awful cover for the boxing of the edition, but the BD cover is much better (even if overall, it's more "bland").

....they also gave you a tie that the boys wore to school, so...that's neat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom