• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

Hey guys what's going on in this th

maxresdefault.jpg

Line_HTX

Hmmm, NIS America discounted Daily Life of High School Boys from $40 to $30. It's kind of tempting, but damn it, could they picked a worse cover?

Like yeah, the scene which that cover is based on is hilarious, but I don't want it as the thing that you see when you grab the Blu-Ray case. Hell, if your mind is pervy enough, you'd think it's a freakin' hentai or something.

I heard this was a great comedy all around and was planning on watching, but man, that has to be the WORST chosen cover for it.

....I'd put it on my shelf

image.php

Regiruler

That should be the opening line. "I know society's flawed construct expects me to respect your wishes and leave you be, but I'm gonna aggressively confront you anyway."

I'm 80% certain that's already a light novel title.

Doing runtime comparisons for a group project. The BS gap sequence that we were supposed to make up on the fly actually got better mean and worst case run times than 2^k-1. So we're not complete failures at least.

EDIT: emoticon spam

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I heard this was a great comedy all around and was planning on watching, but man, that has to be the WORST chosen cover for it
Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if some people who heard good things about it were turned off thanks to that cover. A shame, because yes, the show is great.

Yeah, it's funny for those who already saw it because it's from a really hilarious scene from the first episode, but out of context, you'd get some very puzzled looks.

So this was the "Platinum Edition" NIS sold at one point.
dailylives_bd_pe_colection.jpg

Still that awful cover for the boxing of the edition, but the BD cover is much better (even if overall, it's more "bland").

....they also gave you a tie that the boys wore to school, so...that's neat?

Best NISA purchase I made, up there with Anohana. There such a good group of friends.
tumblr_mf6cgj1n5l1rfoq43o1_500.jpg

Raxus

I'd take a quad million any day. Sucks One Piece drops the SECOND it hits canon. I blame Naruto sapping viewers away.

Regiruler

Code:
Show			Net	Time		Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
DRAGON BALL Z KAI	ADSM	12:00 AM	1,538		0.7
DIMENSION W		ADSM	12:30 AM	1,385		0.6
PARASYTE		ADSM	1:00 AM		1,184		0.5
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO	ADSM	1:30 AM		1,045		0.5
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN	ADSM	3:00 AM		880		0.4
ONE PIECE		ADSM	3:30 AM		730		0.3
KILL LA KILL		ADSM	4:00 AM		698		0.3

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/03/15/saturday-cable-ratings-march-12-2016/

I think that's exactly average for kai. Good retention for W and Parasyte.
.....Riiiight. Anyway....

giphy.gif

Pokken hype.

I think Hawlucha was robbed and I'm not even a big fan of Hawlucha.

Line_HTX

Regiruler

My source was correct, Regiruler.

;P

Looks like they were.

I forgot what W's first two numbers were. I'm going to see if I can find the first one at least.
EDIT: First ep was pretty much the same amount as this week. There was a drop of about 0.3 million last week.

I don't really know how to interpret viewer numbers since I am probably missing some context.

Line_HTX

I think the big picture takeaway is to put the newest premieres immediately after DBZ Kai. They seem to get huge numbers consistently for a long while now.

I don't know what I should do now
With every strength I can take to break enemies~

tumblr_o0qq91bikg1qz64n4o1_500.gif

Line_HTX

I overlooked that Champloo got over 1 million also. These heartfelt episodes are really something else, be it Jin focused or otherwise.

So I just checked out the first two dubbed episodes of Garo the Animation.

Sounds pretty solid. Casting is on point. I think it would do well on Toonami.

Also, I have to admit. I had to look up what the PSVR was when you guys started talking about it.

I'm out of the loop when it comes to virtual reality.

bigkrev

I fucking HATE survival games, so I am starting to get worried that crafting is a big part of NMS. I long ago accepted it wasn't going to be the ur-game I had envisioned it as, but am still excited to check it out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I fucking HATE survival games, so I am starting to get worried that crafting is a big part of NMS. I long ago accepted it wasn't going to be the ur-game I had envisioned it as, but am still excited to check it out.
But you're playing a survival game every single day.

It's called "life".

Also I might give in to PS VR, but I want to see how many more games are coming for it, I don't want it to be one of those things I get excited for at first, but then just collects dust afterwards, even if I'm super excited for Rez Infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom