• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to actually play Onechanbara, got the OST in my car. Hoping to start Estival Versus tonight, & need to make room in my car to put the CD I got with that in there. 70 tracks is pretty awesome, especially considering the LE is the same price as a normal PS4 game.

I'd go back to Splatoon, but my enjoyment has kind of been dampened by the fact someone I know CONSTANTLY would be like "DID YOU PLAY THE SPLATFEST DESPITE NOT PLAYING THE PREVIOUS ONES?! WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING THEM? YOU COULD MAKE SOME TIME!? I WAS PLAYING SPLATOON TODAY, YOU KNOW!!!" which just makes me not want to play it because I wouldn't feel like I was doing it because I wanted to but because I was being asked constantly.

I played a few minutes of Splatoon at a local GameStop and liked what I experienced. Once you get the hang of the controls, it's a blast.

who wants to hang out with me

Is it possible to hang out over the internet?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I played a few minutes of Splatoon at a local GameStop and liked what I experienced. Once you get the hang of the controls, it's a blast.
Oh yeah, I enjoyed the single player & liked that the amiibo let you replay stages with different weapons, which can change up your strategies on how to beat a level/boss, but again, I think it's just the people claiming this is just THE greatest thing Nintendo has made & despite saying numerous times "no, I've moved on to other games", get asked on the newest Splatfest which I don't follow or whatever. I want to talk about more than just one single game, especially since it's been a long time since I last moved from it. I don't mind, say, talking about new Mario Maker updates or the newest costume, but I don't talk about it every single week.

I hate to be the "I can't like X game because other people" type of person, but it's hard for me to go back to Splatoon without feeling like it was because I wanted to, not because someone keep asking me to the point I'm doing it because THEY wanted me to.

Splatoon is a lot of fun, but I tend to drop a lot of multiplayer games when I stop feeling like I'm progressing, either with leveling up or with finding new play styles. That's pretty much what happened when I figured out the one or two weapons I wanted to use pretty much all the time.

Might go back to it eventually to check out new stuff.

Seda

cTesHEz.gif

bigkrev

The way content was distributed and the fact that the gamepad was mandatory led me to burn out on Splatoon really quickly. I loved the first week or 2 with the game, and put 6ish hours into the multiplayer before getting bored of the same maps over and over again. I just checked my WiiU software log, I have played the game a total of 2 hours since launch month. I just never cared enough to go back for the content drip they were feeding out. Hell, I bought the Amiibo's for it before realizing that they were limited to single-player only content!

I really hope the sequel is a completely different game/genera. They built a great world, now do something different and unique with it. Treat it like a #2 numbered NES game and make it super different.

The way content was distributed and the fact that the gamepad was mandatory led me to burn out on Splatoon really quickly. I loved the first week or 2 with the game, and put 6ish hours into the multiplayer before getting bored of the same maps over and over again. I just checked my WiiU software log, I have played the game a total of 2 hours since launch month. I just never cared enough to go back for the content drip they were feeding out. Hell, I bought the Amiibo's for it before realizing that they were limited to single-player only content!

I really hope the sequel is a completely different game/genera. They built a great world, now do something different and unique with it. Treat it like a #2 numbered NES game and make it super different.

Splatoon has been far too big a success for them to NES sequel it, while it didn't hold your attention you're clearly a minority considering the drip feed of content has kept the game selling well and frequently played by a very active community 9 months after launch. The only thing I want to see from a sequel done differently is make the single player campaign more story focused where I get to explore the world of splatoon more and be more exploration focused then stage focused.

Probably wouldn't buy it tbh. Don't really care much for the SP/world, but the gameplay and art are really fun. Would be a shame to kill the thing I love the most about it to make it a platformer or something.

Seda

I jump consoles often and sometimes can go several months without touching one. Just kinda depends what I'm playing at the time.

I spent a lot of time with my PS2 last year even (Suikoden 3, Suikoden 4, Suikoden Tactics, Suikoden 5, Grandia Xtreme)

I wish I was better motivated during my free time to work on my backlog of games but between work and school I sometimes just wanna veg and let my brain rest.

Gonna make an effort to play that Senran Kagura ps4 game. Will probably play for 30 minutes before dropping it because "it doesn't play like Ninja Gaiden Black." I know myself well.

Guys, Assassination Classroom was really good. A really good series.

I'm gonna miss it. ;_;

Also, goddammit the new Hitman game is completely broken because it's online for no reason.

Goddammit Square Enix.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just found out the anime is actually gonna cover the manga's ending as well.

.....weird to think after all this time, it's finally ending. It was a nice length with very little feeling like filler.

Regiruler

Caught up with the new HU abriged. They didn't go in as deep as I thought they would with the KKK joke, which was probably intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom