• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Fool! You forgot the most important one of them all!

6EVgwHg.jpg

Check out that flawless snatch.

I just said, "I'm sorry?" out loud.

Raxus

how about sisters who act like normal sisters
Sister 1: Hey sis wanna explore the complex relationships between siblings.

Sister 2: Nahhhh,let's just pander to the lowest common denominator!

*lewdness ensues*

To get somewhat serious. After Gravity Falls I feel kind of spoiled seeing a somewhat unique functional sibling relationship instead of the stale tropes in anime.

Seda

*lewdness ensues*

To get somewhat serious. After Gravity Falls I feel kind of spoiled seeing a somewhat unique functional sibling relationship instead of the stale tropes in anime.

I've always had an affinity for themes of 'brotherhood' (really, 'siblinghood' to be more general). I dunno, something about deep, caring relationships between characters that aren't romantic.

Not that I have anything inherently against romantic relationships. Just that those are so numerous and often poorly done.

MikeMyers

There is a twitter account @animetcg which posts dumb pictures of licensed US anime card games. I never knew Inuyasha had a TCG, or that all the cards were fucking hilarious
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcBvgv6UYAA0aZ5.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcBlaxtUsAAtOuI.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcFSIumVAAAxzAZ.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Lol it's funny because people would always buy these type of cards but I never saw anyone actually play them.

Mizerman

I've always had an affinity for themes of 'brotherhood' (really, 'siblinghood' to be more general). I dunno, something about deep, caring relationships between characters that aren't romantic.

Not that I have anything inherently against romantic relationships. Just that those are so numerous and often poorly done.

Agreed. It's like two people cannot have a close relationship without wanting to bang each other.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

*lewdness ensues*

AWWWWW YEAH, TWINCEST LESBIANS FOR THE WINCEST.

All seriousness, yeah, Gravity Falls was a nice example of a GOOD sibling relationship, considering most of the other Disney shows they just had them be complete opposites & fight and crap.

ckohler

I don't care what anyone says, that was actually rather adorable and beautifully animated.

One of the first things we learned in my study abroad classes (that I eventually ditched) in Japan was how to say "McDonald's" in Japanese. Actually one of the most memorable things about that class, hearing everyone else struggling to spit out the jumbled pile of syllables that is Makudonarudo.

I've always been generally confused by this. It's not like I can't approximate most Japanese words by simply mimicking the sounds so why can't Japanese speakers do the same in reverse? Sure, I'm probably no where near 100% accurate but I don't around saying, "SAY-YO-NAR-YEE" to say goodbye.

Meta, why do Japanese speakers struggle so much with our phonetics when I can mimic theirs with less difficulty? If I asked a Japanese person to pronounce my name I wouldn't expect them to say "Kurisutofā" if I can say "Shinichi" just fine. What's the deal?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care what anyone says, that was actually rather adorable and beautifully animated.

I've always been generally confused by this. It's not like I can't approximate most Japanese words by simply mimicking the sounds so why can't Japanese speakers do the same in reverse? Sure, I'm probably no where near 100% accurate but I don't around saying, "SAY-YO-NAR-YEE" to say goodbye.

Meta, why do Japanese speakers struggle so much with our phonetics when I can mimic theirs with less difficulty? If I asked a Japanese person to pronounce my name I wouldn't expect them to say "Kurisutofā" if I can say "Shinichi" just fine. What's the deal?

Sure, but do you say "karaoke" correctly? Or do you say "carry-okie?"

Seda

One cool thing about working at a research institute is that I get to meet with people from all sorts of places. I've worked people from Russia, France, India, Turkey, Iraq, Egypt, China, and Japan. My advisor is originally from Bangladesh.

Anyways, one word that seems to be a nightmare for Asian people to say is 'parallel'.

I figure there are plenty of Japanese words we think we can mimic but sound awkward to native speakers.

Seda

I might be the only one who cares about this, but what should I do with the movies section in the OP?

I think the 'retired shows' listing is kinda cool to see all the shows that nuToonami has aired over the years, but the movies listing has been stale for over a year now. Do I just keep it as is? Merge those two sections together?

Grexeno

I might be the only one who cares about this, but what should I do with the movies section in the OP?

I think the 'retired shows' listing is kinda cool to see all the shows that nuToonami has aired over the years, but the movies listing has been stale for over a year now. Do I just keep it as is?
I have no strong feelings one way or another.

TUSR

Banned

I think the 'retired shows' listing is kinda cool to see all the shows that nuToonami has aired over the years, but the movies listing has been stale for over a year now. Do I just keep it as is? Merge those two sections together?

Bring it back whenever we get a movie again.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

If you want to ditch it for a while that's cool. Unless they start doing movies again there's not much point to keeping it.

EDIT:

Bring it back whenever we get a movie again.

This.

bigkrev

Get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom