• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With how fast they're pumping out the One Piece dub, I have to wonder if Funimation lets Colleen and the rest of the voice actors go home.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I just got an e-mail that said I'm getting a package in two days from Atlanta, GA. I didn't order anything and when I looked up the sender it looks like it's from Adult Swim. Did we all enter a contest that I don't remember entering? This is freaking me out a little bit...

So I just got an e-mail that said I'm getting a package in two days from Atlanta, GA. I didn't order anything and when I looked up the sender it looks like it's from Adult Swim. Did we all enter a contest that I don't remember entering? This is freaking me out a little bit...

did you fill out that survey that one time?

Seda

I just got this too. Yeah, probably from that survey where you either get a t-shirt, pin, or something else.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
booooo, I didn't get any email about a shirt or pin....

Edit: Was the email from "Toonami-Tom" or something like that?

Seda

booooo, I didn't get any email about a shirt or pin....

Edit: Was the email from "Toonami-Tom" or something like that?

No.

I'm not familiar with these systems, but the mail was from dxonline@timewarner.com, which looks like an auto-generated email using Document Exchange interface via UPS shipping. It has a UPS link to tracking and the name of an Adult Swim employee who 'sent' the package. (The employee isn't one of the names we associate with Toonami.)

Line_HTX

cVlS7jB.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still no email. I feel like I was part of the early group, seeing as I did it not long after a few other guys.

Maaaan, now I'll NEVER get anything cool to show off my Toonami pride....

Guys, obviously we haven't received an email because they haven't sent out all the prizes. There's gonna be a second batch going out soon and that's when we'll get the email. Obviously. ;_______________________;

At least you got one in time for Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE!!

That and Zelda will be it's swansong...a fitting end?

On a sidenote, TMS's pre-release hype is going to be completely overshadowed by the localization ala Fates. I'm calling it right now.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I had Wii U since launch. I do not regret it, great experiences.

I hope to get NX at launch.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I dig my Wii U (launch day here), but after the Wii, I've learned Nintendo consoles now are a "side-dish" because so many of the other games I wanted were available via Sony consoles (in fact, PS2 was my first non-Nintendo (& maybe non-Sega as well) system). Having only a Wii while seeing so many PS360 versions of games I wanted was frustrating growing up. Granted, the first party stuff is still great, but 3rd party, not as much.

I'll still get a NX at launch hopefully, but I don't plan on making it my only system.

At this point I think I would have enjoyed a Wii U more then the PS4 I got. I have a Vita for weebshit games and tons of stuff is getting ported to the PC so really the only thing I would have missed out on was...Bloodborne. A great game but there are Wii U games that seem better.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I dig my Wii U (launch day here), but after the Wii, I've learned Nintendo consoles now are a "side-dish" because so many of the other games I wanted were available via Sony consoles (in fact, PS2 was my first non-Nintendo (& maybe non-Sega as well) system). Having only a Wii while seeing so many PS360 versions of games I wanted was frustrating growing up. Granted, the first party stuff is still great, but 3rd party, not as much.

I'll still get a NX at launch hopefully, but I don't plan on making it my only system.

That's why I made sure to get a decent gaming PC. Most of the 3rd party stuff I wanted also hit PC, so between that and my WiiU I have no complaints.

Grexeno

Hope the NX can bring Nintendo back to their former glory in terms of competition in the industry.

Third party treats them like the red-headed stepchild.
Unless the NX is a PS4/Xbox One clone, third parties will give it lip service then continue to not care. Third parties want to quickly and easily port games to as many different systems as possible, so as long as Nintendo continues to go off and do their thing, they won't come.

Jarate

Banned
I've had a Wii I since launch and regret purchasing it due to the shot support Nintendo gave it. I will eventually not regret it, as soon as Its getting hacked its going to become the best DS emulator out there.

PS4 has Bloodborne, sports games (which I'm unfortunately a big fan of) good ports of Dynasty Warriors 8 XL and Samurai Warriors 4. And generally, has been my go to system. Also it doesn't help that I'm a virtual console whore and Nintendo screwed the pooch with that one.

Also, the Wii U tablet controller was kind of mediocre to use. Made Splatoon a pain in the ass to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom