• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I never had an appeal for FPS, so there wasn't really an issue there. Again, I think there was never an issue because my dad said my interests were more into E & sometimes T stuff. Helped I mainly had Nintendo growing up, then a PS2 when I was a teen. I actually remember not having any interest in the Xbox because all I saw was M-rated games that were hack'n'slash or shooters. The fact games were still aiming for a younger demographic while I was growing up (SNES was my first system) probably helped as well, where as now it's all CoD & GTA & way more M-rated stuff.

I do remember one time, I was trading in Shadow Hearts: Covenant when I was......15 I wanna say, & despite being Teen, my dad questioned the "Sexual Themes" or whatever part on the back. Also, I tried buying Feel The Magic: XY/XX but the GS employee was all "oh this game is rated T for these reasons", my dad just gave me a "....do you THINK I'll let you play this" look, then I put it back.

.....yet somehow, I never got "caught" with DoA2: Hardcore.

Seda

I played DOOM when I was five and nobody cared. Obviously it was more cartoony than gory M games nowadays though.

Oddly, I used to play shooters and a larger variety of game genres but recently I play mostly RPGs. I still find shooters enjoyable, especially with co-op. I enjoy Resident Evil 5&6 more than most because I always played them with my brothers, either campaign or Mercenaries mode. Also have had a ton of fun with things like Rainbow Six's Terrorist Hunt modes.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant

Great game.

f5cEkJEm.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't remember how far I made it into that game, but I remember the CGI cutscenes were glitched or something, because there'd be no sound.

I still need to play the original, I bought From The New World (originally rented it from Blockbuster), which was the one that got me into the series. A shame they probably won't get ported to PSN or get a collection.

Also luchador vampire, american ninja, & giant drunk-fu cat.

One only needs to look at my username to know my favourite video game genre. First M-rated game was probably Persona 3 Portable.

Oh yeah and I don't care for FPS'.

Jarate

Banned
I love FPS games, but hate most FPS games. I also hate ADS games and FPS games that rely on Bunny Hopping.

Overwatch is going to be a make it or break it deal for FPS. Half Life 3 needs to come out soon

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE THREE: The Red-Nosed Reindeer

I've always...really liked this episode. Yes, Kirito is being dumb by not telling them his level. They'd probably think it was cool to hang out with some lowbies. It's not his fault that they all died though, he told them not to go into that dungeon or go into that room. Nicholas the Renegade is the baddest ass Santa boss since Secret of Mana.

L5RbciL.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well, from what we've seen everyone is pretty shit at the game.

Indeed. It's a pretty complex skill based system as well with most of the features hidden from the player. The reason why progress takes months is that they're trying to powerlevel on the safest possible fights in an MMO. That's one idea the author got right about MMOs, that would take FOREVER in a modern MMO.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Indeed. It's a pretty complex skill based system as well with most of the features hidden from the player. The reason why progress takes months is that they're trying to powerlevel on the safest possible fights in an MMO. That's one idea the author got right about MMOs, that would take FOREVER in a modern MMO.

Shit, I remember in vanilla WoW hardly anyone knew anything about tanking other than how to maintain threat. A lot of the information about stuff like crushing blows didn't even become common knowledge until the first expansion.

ckohler

Is there a way online to legally read all of the One Piece manga? If not, I think I'm going to subscribe to Funimation and just start watching the series from the start.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is there a way online to legally read all of the One Piece manga? If not, I think I'm going to subscribe to Funimation and just start watching the series from the start.

I'd suggest doing that anyways as Funimation has a damn good service.

No idea if Viz has a manga service.

Shonen Jump has the entire series online digitally. It would cost you approximately 540 dollars not counting tax. Dunno if you want to do that lol. Probably cheaper to subscribe to Funimation.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shonen Jump has the entire series online digitally. It would cost you approximately 540 dollars not counting tax. Dunno if you want to do that lol. Probably cheaper to subscribe to Funimation.

345 and change if you own a Kindle, which I think has the cheapest per volume price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom