• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

A few more details about FLCL...

TBC0THm.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Someone help me, I heard that FLCL was made as a way for the Gainax team to "unwind" after making Evangelion, so they made something more upbeat , silly,& such. Anyone heard of that?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Someone help me, I heard that FLCL was made as a way for the Gainax team to "unwind" after making Evangelion, so they made something more upbeat , silly,& such. Anyone heard of that?

Very likely not true.
Evangelion aired in 1995.
FLCL started coming out in 2000.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Very likely not true.
Evangelion aired in 1995.
FLCL started coming out in 2000.
Ahh, okay, I heard this when someone did a review on FLCL, but I could never find the info to back it up, so I questioned if it was real or not.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would assume English considering that's the version most of the fans were exposed to first.

Hell, I don't think I've even seen FLCL subbed.

I mean I'm inclined to agree, I just wanted confirmation. It would make sense that he was talking to Western anime fans rather than anime fans in general (who would care about Japanese voice casts).

Considering how frequently DeMarco bashes on weeb fans I doubt he's too worried about if they're happy.

So the fact this was announced as two new seasons of 6 episodes I wonder what exactly the time line is for both seasons? How much time do you think will pass after S2 finishes before S3 begins?

Line_HTX

Let's hope that judging from Demarco's tweets afterwards that they do retain the original spirit of FLCL.

I certainly hope so. I admit, I went a little crazy this afternoon, but really I enjoyed the original series and want them to have that same feel, that same aura as back then. I watched so many reruns I lost count, LOL

bigkrev

Random FLCL thoughts:
1.) What replaces the South Park animation style. Adventure Time?
2.) What is the gatcha system in the mobile version of Firestarter?
3.) What does the "Never Knows Best" flavor of vape juice that someone will smoke taste like?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE FIVE: Murder in the Safe Zone

Grimlock Jaggerjack, is he the murderer? Yolk's too tight pants. Ass Art Online Murder Mystery Part One! Did an episode of Code Geass get into this run?

TcaQNqw.gif

a97WzpA.gif

iFP79Rf.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is actually the one and only episode where Kirito is even remotely smooth in an interaction with a lady with the whole taking a nap on the most perfect day in Aincrad bit. Later in the episode he proves just how out low his IRL communication skill is in other conversations with Asuna.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
A real FLCL 2 would be another abstract anime that has nothing to do with the original. Making an actual sequel seems to be missing the point of FLCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom