• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE FIVE: Murder in the Safe Zone

Grimlock Jaggerjack, is he the murderer? Yolk's too tight pants. Ass Art Online Murder Mystery Part One! Did an episode of Code Geass get into this run?

TcaQNqw.gif

a97WzpA.gif

Oh yeah.
I remember the THICK, HEFTY PLOT in this episode.

TUSR pls

Brings new meaning to Assuna.

DeKappa

By the way, Kirito broke the 4th wall in the outtakes, and these outtakes were probably worse than Kill la Kill's lol

The outtakes of SAO are actually pretty funny in a dumb way.

Seems like the English voice actors had fun at least.

Berserk outtakes are some of the most amazing things I've seen on the internet. I'll have to give the SAO ones a watch when I finish S1.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE SIX: Illusionary Avenger

A g-g-g-g-ghost? Griselda, you monster! Wait a minute, it's smoke and mirrors, they were never killed in the first place. It was Grimlock all along...because his wife was no longer submissive?

KILLED YOUR WIFE!

This episode is pretty good until this dumb ass reveal. The murder mystery is fun until this final dumb as hell tweeeest. Oh the ghost being real as fuck at the very end is kinda neat as well.

Tujn1Oy.gif

Seda

I still need to watch last week's episode of DW since my stream was acting up. Is the dub up on Funimation's website?

Late response but the dub episodes go up on Adult Swim's site first (in the usual manner/place) and then on Funimation two weeks after airing. I think.

Seda

What notable things has Production IG done recently?

This is a genuine question, I don't keep tabs on anime stuff.

Late response but the dub episodes go up on Adult Swim's site first (in the usual manner/place) and then on Funimation two weeks after airing. I think.

Bollocks. That probably means I'll have to find other ways to watch it since AS won't let me watch most of their stuff in Canada.

Oh, I had no idea they did Attack on Titan.

Sort of. Studio Wes were the ones who animated AoT but I.G were involved as Production Cooperation.

A-1 pictures put out a lot of bad shows last year to be honest.

The Asterisk War, Ultimate Otaku Teacher, and Gunslinger Stratos were all pretty terrible.

Edit: Okay for some reason my brain read Production IG as A-1 Pictures.

Going off 4 1/2 of sleep Monday-Friday is probably a bad idea.

Raxus

What notable things has Production IG done recently?

This is a genuine question, I don't keep tabs on anime stuff.

Psychopass, Ghost in the Shell Arise, Haikyuu!!(popular volleyball anime, I hear it is good but it may just be DTL messing with my mind), and some other stuff.

25 | 26 | 27 | 28

During the end credits, despite besting Chang in this gamble, Roanapur and Chang's influence is really no different than it was before. And Rock's attempts to gain any sort of hand against him has been largely futile, and Rock realizes this. This idea of futility in changing the nature of Roanapur and how its run has kinda been a theme earlier in the series, and it shows its head once again. Rock seems to have learned some lessons about the city and himself throughout this entire affair, and his relationship with other members of the crew aren't quite what they used to be. How he takes it from here though remains to be seen....

Thank you Seda for going through the OVA. Reading your impressions has been most enjoyable!
Its interesting to note that in the manga Roberta got no where near as hurt as she did in the show. The author changed it when it came to the adaptation as he felt that a single person taking on an entire squad was unrealistic and made Roberta too powerful. As to the interaction between Garcia and Roberta that kinda feels like cultural differences. As to whether it is meant as anything more I don't know. I thought the arc was very good especially in the manga it went on forever and as such they had to be a lot of condensing down which I though they did very well. Seeing all these different players interacting and playing off each other with the spanner in the works that the Americans and Roberta were was very entertaining.

Spoiler for the next arc of Black Lagoon.
As for what comes next for Rock that remains to be seen since unfortunately the arc that would show this is currently where the manga hiatus is. It appears to show more of Janet and her interaction with the gang as she gets to know the city better. We also get to see how this new Rock operates once a secret Chinese operation to exploit the chaos following the previous arc and the fact that in the backwaters of Thailand in the early 90's very few people actually know how to use a computer goes south. How Rock exploits the situation will be very telling as a character gets introduced to the city in much the same way he was and who grew up much the same. And of course there is the loaded gun of Eda and what the CIA response to the events of the previous arc and the Chinese intrusion into their territory will go.

Psychopass, Ghost in the Shell Arise, Haikyuu!!(popular volleyball anime, I hear it is good but it may just be DTL messing with my mind), and some other stuff.

If there's anything I learned about DTL it's that the reasons he likes a "good" show (picturing a bunch of pretty guys getting it on under the pretext of "friendship") are not the same reasons most people like a show (Literally anything else).

That said while I have not seen Haikyuu!! I do know a considerable amount of people that like it so maybe give it a shot. Can't hurt.

Moaradin

Last episode of Haikyuu was some of the most exciting stuff I've ever seen in an anime. It's easily going to be one of the best shows this year.

Line_HTX

Oh, I had no idea they did Attack on Titan.

Studio WIT is the main production of Attack on Titan and the upcoming Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. Production IG most likely has minor roles.

The first thing that comes to mind is the Stand Alone Complex series.

Seda

Thank you Seda for going through the OVA. Reading your impressions has been most enjoyable!

Thanks for taking the time to read it. I don't normally do posts like this but for 5 episodes of a show I really enjoyed, I figured I'd do something a little different.

Black Lagoon doesn't always fit together well but I appreciate everything it tries. I love its style, how it presents narrative elements in general, and how it manages some complex characters dynamics - including those outside the main cast. Not to mention the (sometimes cheesy) 90s action movie aesthetic is refreshing.

Even if some of the metaphors fall flat or not all the themes flow as well as they could, it manages to remain interesting, which is the most important thing.

Seda

Seda check PM's

I have a bad habit of reading a PM on my phone, telling myself I'll respond to it when I get to my PC, and then not responding to it. :(

-

Aside, wonder if we'll get any indication or tease on Parasyte's replacement on PreFlight today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom