• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Al5W5oO.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man God,

Is this the first time you've watched SAO?

Third time watching the first half of SAO1.

A friend who was watching it with his fiancee told me I had to check out how ridiculous this show was when it was airing in Japan and we watched up to almost the end of Aincrad. Then I watched it on TOONAMI. Now I'm watching one episode a day because someone else lost a bet and I don't want to be left out.

"10 Cloverfield Lane - 43:48
Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan - 55:11
10 Cloverfield Lane (SPOILERS) - 1:09:46

Before our reviews of 10 Cloverfield Lane and Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan, we talk about Spider-Man, laugh at the MTV Movie Awards, discuss the voice of the Yellow M&M, and offer opinions that will anger probably every single fan of classic rock."

I'm super behind on all these, but I should be able to get all caught up this weekend. Broly is a terrible movie that has mediocre fight scenes, a boring antagonist, and pacing that's downright ridiculous. It's the longest of the original DBZ movies, and that's because it takes its sweet time setting up its plot and its setting and its "mystery" only to toss all of them out the window for fights that are below average for these films. It is a waste of time. I do not understand its popularity at all, and we finally got to use the lowest rating on our scale (though we might still go back and revise the rating for Return of Cooler).

Ranking:
1. The World's Strongest (Piccolo out of Piccolo)
2. The History of Trunks (Vegeta out of Piccolo)
3. The Dead Zone (Vegeta out of Piccolo)
4. Bardock: The Father of Goku (Vegeta out of Piccolo)
5. Lord Slug (Gohan out of Piccolo)
6. Super Android 13! (Gohan out of Piccolo)
7. Cooler's Revenge (Gohan out of Piccolo)
8. The Tree of Might (Krillin out of Piccolo)
9. The Return of Cooler (Krillin out of Piccolo)
10. Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan (Yamcha out of Piccolo)

Guys I need an info round up of all the things that were detailed about FLCL's new seasons yesterday. think someone can gather up all the misc. info for me?

Jarate

Banned
Guys I need an info round up of all the things that were detailed about FLCL's new seasons yesterday. think someone can gather up all the misc. info for me?

-it's being made by the guy who animated the original "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" which was only released on DVD in 1947 in Germany
-the main theme is going to b7e "Gettin Jiggy wit it" by Will Smith
-it follows the story of Bill and his friend Ted going through time to battle histories greatest monsters
-abraham lincoln has a cameo, his last public appearance before his assassination
-The VA for the MC (unnamed) is Ieyasu Tokugawa, you may remember him for his role of Maryland in the Anime "50 States as 50 People"
-There's a full blown sex scene between 2 of the main character
-It's being produced by Studio Ghibli and Apple

-it's being made by the guy who animated the original "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" which was only released on DVD in 1947 in Germany
-the main theme is going to b7e "Gettin Jiggy wit it" by Will Smith
-it follows the story of Bill and his friend Ted going through time to battle histories greatest monsters
-abraham lincoln has a cameo, his last public appearance before his assassination
-The VA for the MC (unnamed) is Ieyasu Tokugawa, you may remember him for his role of Maryland in the Anime "50 States as 50 People"
-There's a full blown sex scene between 2 of the main character
-It's being produced by Studio Ghibli and Apple

Futurama-Fry.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....seems legit enough to me! Thanks!!

(but seriously is their an article detailing all the info that was released the other day?)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sooo... Batman v Superman sucked.
Except for Affleck and Irons. They were decent.
The rest sucked.

bigkrev

For the love of god, do not see Superman vs Batman.
It's not horribly offensive to the character like Man of Steel was, it's just an awful, meandering, nonsensical film that feels like a Extended edition where they didn't fix the pacing

Raxus

Sooo... Batman v Superman sucked.
Except for Affleck and Irons. They were decent.
The rest sucked.

I am not completely shocked. Irons is always great and the fact everybody flipped their shit makes Batfleck doing well all the better.

So much crow is being served.

BatDan

SIGNIFICANTLY better than I expected.
There is no action the first 2 hours of the movie though. Just some drawn out plots that don't actually lead to anything.

"No see it's important because Justice League"
A lot of that was way more awkward than Thor's scenes in Age of Ultron.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Batman and Superman: Astral Ocean.

Wait, that would imply that I like Man of Steel, the worst comic book movie.

Batman and Superman: Masters of Martial Hearts.

No wait, that had a satisfying ending...

This is tricky.

Raxus

If anything at least DCU is proving that the billion movies for Marvel at least stops travesties like this from happening.

DC couldn't do a Batman Vs Superman right but Marvel just did a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, Antman and Dr. fucking Strange.

Let that sink in.

BatDan

There's no way that one can mess up a huge superhero movie with two of the most iconic superheroes in history.

Zack Snyder found a way! Fire his ass WB. Sure it will make money, but do you want that 30% score hanging over you?

You know, I saw that scene in the beginning and I was wondering
Is that Jimmy? Oh wait, he's CIA that can't be him.
But seeing that thread, that was meant to be him, and they killed him off. What the fuck?!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's rude and unlike me to say such a thing but the evidence is mounting up higher than the pile of corpses made by Superman in these movies that Zack Snyder is a hack.

Jarate

Banned
I personally enjoyed Man of Steel far more then I enjoyed any of the marvel movies

Marvel Movies are better made, but have the artistic personality of a sock. They are the most by the books movies ever invented, and also have some pretty average fighting scenes.

It's rude and unlike me to say such a thing but the evidence is mounting up higher than the pile of corpses made by Superman in these movies that Zack Snyder is a hack.

This is my least favorite critique of his movies that they somehow "ruined" supermans character by having too much destruction

You want Superman to pull a goku and ask the villain to move away? What do you guys think that Zod is fucking Frieza.

Also, Superman is not some super consistent character that has always the same ambitions, goals, and strength. Im not implying that his characterization is done well or is good, but man, let the dude create his own superman, just like every other person who's used the Superman IP has done.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bleach during its initial run had episodes that covered a ton of chapters all the time. Why do you think it had year long filler arcs?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My shift manager at work told me something interesting about Bleach not long after I informed him of new FLCL (to which he was really excited). He mentioned despite being fine with the dub, he preferred the subs because the dub made it seem more "Saturday morning cartoon" while the sub made it feel more "mature".

I can see where he was getting at (how the dub was handled, the fact that as English speaking people, we have a harder time judging Japanese acting, etc.), but it was an interesting reason. Maybe it's also that "sounds better in another language" trope.

He also actually prefers the sub for FLCL, but again, doesn't dislike the dub at all. Makes me glad I can talk with people who appreciate both audios instead of insisting that one is superior.

Raxus

Speaking of Bleach we are on the final
3 or 4 villains? Assuming no major fuckery occurs and accounting for the billions of chapters of the final fight.

That would actually be watchable. The average Bleach chapter is worth like 4 minutes of an episode.
That is being generous at times.

Jarate, it's hard to say if you'd enjoy Batman v Superman; the fights are pretty good but to get there, you have to sift through this huge mess of plot points and characters for half the movie.

I feel like I can see the parts in the movie that might have been good, and it's frustrating. It's like they have the pieces but don't know what to do with them.

I think it's possible to turn Justice League around if they narrow the scope, but narrowing the scope is pretty much the opposite of what you do for a Justice League movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom