• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Aldnoah Zero is basically Gundam SAO, only it didn't become a huge hit. Even down to having a rather pleasant dub and a dumb fan ficesque story.

I think most of it is dubbed already. The show is on every service everywhere and DRRRRRRR didn't do well at all on Adult Swim.

They aren't going to show a sequel to a show that already bombed on the network.

Oh, really? That's depressing, but I guess makes sense seeing as it's sorta different than standard Toonami Fare.

It actually just finished on saturday. The simuldub of the third arc is currently on its second episode.

Huh.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm thinking that the Viz exclusivity isn't actually a thing and we get something like Tiger and Bunny or HxH this year.

Grexeno

I'm thinking that the Viz exclusivity isn't actually a thing and we get something like Tiger and Bunny or HxH this year.
I just have a tough time coming up with a reason other than Viz fully on the Hulu train for why we didn't get Sailor Moon Crystal.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Tiger and Bunny is my number one pick from Viz and Hunter X Hunter as replacment for DBZ Kai if they didn't get the Buu Arc for some reason.

Like what I said with RK, Toonami won't likely have two long-running series with their current total of shows they can have.

Tiger and Bunny I can see though. Perfect fit for Toonami IMO.

Grexeno

Hunter X Hunter would bomb in the leadoff spot.

Those character designs look a lot more bright and cheery than the Yu Yu Hakusho ones.

Moaradin

Hunter X Hunter would bomb in the leadoff spot.

Those character designs look a lot more bright and cheery than the Yu Yu Hakusho ones.

All they gotta do is say FROM THE CREATOR OF YU YU HAKUSHO and show off some of the dark stuff the show gets into in the promo and I'm sure it would do well.

Grexeno

All they gotta do is say FROM THE CREATOR OF YU YU HAKUSHO and show off some of the dark stuff the show gets into in the promo and I'm sure it would do well.
They wouldn't get enough episodes beforehand to actually show any dark stuff.

And saying "From the creator of Yu Yu Hakusho" only gets you so far, and by that I mean it gets you up to the point where the audience sees Gon and says fuck that

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It'll be Sailor Moon Kai, in order to have another show that leads the block while playing to older fans' nostalgia.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm still watching Fairy Tail at a rate of about ten episodes a week. The best aspect of the entire series is its consistency. I wasn't entirely sure when a half year long filler arc started that it was filler until near the end.

It'd drive people nuts but it is generally well paced. It's legitimately funny, it's got a fantastic dub. Yes, every arc runs basically exactly the same way. Yes, friendship does win out 10/10 times. Yes, there's a lot of fan service.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I gotta agree that we have enough long-running shows, basically Shonen Jump's big 3. It's more fun having a variety & change-ups a few times a year.

For those who haven't seen it, I'll tell you a bit about Aldnoah Zero.

This guy, Inaho, is the main character.
aldnoah_zero_episode_1_3.jpg
He can't express emotions. He likes eggs. He's also a super genius in a world where most people need help tying their shoes.

For those who haven't seen it, I'll tell you a bit about Aldnoah Zero.

This guy, Inaho, is the main character.

He can't express emotions. He likes eggs. He's also a super genius in a world where most people need help tying their shoes.

Being completely honest, he doesn't even sound like the worst protagonist you could have for a Mecha anime.

Hey folks, do you hate fictional works where the military is composed of complete idiots who couldn't figure out which side of a rifle was the shooty end while the main ragamuffin group has the tactical genius that would make Napoleon blush?

Then you should NOT watch Aldnoah Zero

Line_HTX

There should NOT be another long running shonen. It's frankly exhausting and tiresome.

Having different anime is much more diverse.

Line_HTX

They add another one and they'll miss out on shorter series that would be better than shonen.

I think even DeMarco acknowledges the value in non shonen shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom