• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
They add another one and they'll miss out on shorter series that would be better than shonen.

I think even DeMarco acknowledges the value in non shonen shows.

That isn't what we are talking about though, we are talking about the show that could replace Kai in the Midnight slot, which unless it is vintage Sailor Moon, going to be another endless battle shonen series.

Line_HTX

My apologies, I misunderstood. I thought it was about adding another one while keeping Kai intact when there are already three endless running shonens.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE ELEVEN: The Girl of Morning Dew

Hey remember the primary conflict last episode of Asuna wanting to take a break? Well a day later and Heathcliff doesn't give a shit! Who cares about that though as they're married with a big ass house. You know what this means.

It's Yui time! U. I. Get it? Also Asuna beats on some scrubs and Yui has a mental breakdown.

oQ2K2iz.gif

qcPAQFr.gif

WhDxeb6.gif

TUSR

Banned
It's the episode that ruins Asuna for awhile. She starts getting dumb around this point.

Which further reinforces my theory that Mother's Rosario is the only good arc in the whole show. And they end of killing off a strong female character.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You're descending down the rabbit hole, MG. Sure you wanna continue?

I won't stop.

I can't stop.

Not watching SAO 2 though as the dub isn't on Netflix. This is a pure SAO experience. Gonna be a trip after watching all that Fairy Tail when the next saga begins though. I'll also finally deploy part three of SAO EXTRA.

Mizerman

This is the guy who watched and summarized all of the OG Naruto end-filler.

Point taken.

I won't stop.

I can't stop.

Not watching SAO 2 though as the dub isn't on Netflix. This is a pure SAO experience. Gonna be a trip after watching all that Fairy Tail when the next saga begins though. I'll also finally deploy part three of SAO EXTRA.

You are (not) a masochist.

TUSR

Banned
I started around 2 years ago recapping where Inuyasha started getting filler episodes because Takahashi wasn't releasing chapters fast enough.

I stopped because I didn't care anymore, sorry Mike Myers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm spending...maybe a fifth of the time on any given episode of SAO as almost everyone in this thread has seen it. Naruto, well, I actually did research and took notes. This I just throw on in the background and half watch. A couple of the episodes I did the write up before even watching them. Goes by pretty quick.

I wouldn't even mind if SAO season one became the repeat despite having just watched half of it.

The episodes I covered today count for my watching of the show for Tuesday and Wednesday of this week as I'll be away on business until Thursday night. Suguha Saturday!

Line_HTX

It took me a good number of years to finish Inuyasha because I wasn't in a hurry, plus I watched all 167 episodes on Adult Swim Action as it was airing. I liked and didn't like it, and it was weird because I despised Takahashi's pacing but curiosity got the better of me.

I eventually took comfort in that there's actual progression as opposed to Ranma.

TUSR

Banned
It took me a good number of years to finish Inuyasha because I wasn't in a hurry, plus I watched all 167 episodes on Adult Swim Action. I liked and didn't like it, and it was weird because I despised Takahashi's pacing but curiosity got the better of me.

I eventually took comfort in that there's actual progression as opposed to Ranma.
Ive almost completed my collection of Ranma 1/2's original Shonen Sunday release.

Here are some of my old ones:

Im certain I could find the rest of them at Book Off for less than 100Y a piece.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So guys, is it true that the toonami guys only watched a few episodes of Tenchi GXP before deciding to put it on the block?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So guys, is it true that the toonami guys only watched a few episodes of Tenchi GXP before deciding to put it on the block?

I doubt they even watched that much, the first episodes are almost as bad as everything else.

I think they went, hey, Tenchi! Those aren't too bad. Edited for tv release as well! Cheap too! What could go wrong?

Jarate

Banned
I doubt they even watched that much, the first episodes are almost as bad as everything else.

I think they went, hey, Tenchi! Those aren't too bad. Edited for tv release as well! Cheap too! What could go wrong?

thought you were TUSR for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom