• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
Guys, I know we're all so excited for the new SAO movie!

4dFqKab.jpg

Jarate

Banned
Tenchi Muyo GXP: Episode 1, Seize the Day

So this wasn't the worst thing ive ever experienced yet. The main character is basically the star of a 40's silent film era slapstick comedy show where everything that can go wrong will go wrong. But apparently literally every single non related female character so far has an insatiable need to sexually assault him.

The Dub is really mediocre, with some terrible line delivery and terrible audio mixing. It seems like a strange premise, a harem starring Charlie Chaplain. The slapstick comedy has been decent

So basically, i'd rate it better then SAO at this stage, because at least the MC has a personality. gh I got a funny feeling that the comedy is going to become a lot less apparent, and the fanservice/self insert is gonna get worse

OP was meh, ED was terrible

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Tenchi Muyo GXP: Episode 1, Seize the Day

So this wasn't the worst thing ive ever experienced yet.

. . .

The slapstick comedy has been decent

. . .

So basically, i'd rate it better then SAO at this stage

Oh this is gonna be good

Jarate

Banned
Tenchi Muyo! GXP: Episode 2, Invasion

This show hasn't been terrible, have you been lying to me guys. This one there were no sexual assaults, and there were 2 parts that made me laugh. Other then sometimes having the animation quality of a poorly made hentai, this show has been a mediocre show that has had a few decent scenes. The music so far has been bleh, but im assuming this queen lady we just got introduced too is going to want to have rough rough sex with Charlie Chaplin so bad that she must sexually assault him.

There's not really that much too comment about because it has been pretty mediocre, which makes it already better then Naruto, Bleach Filler, AGK, Beware the Batman, Thundercats, and SAO

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Tenchi Muyo! GXP: Episode 2, Invasion

This show hasn't been terrible, have you been lying to me guys. This one there were no sexual assaults, and there were 2 parts that made me laugh. Other then sometimes having the animation quality of a poorly made hentai, this show has been a mediocre show that has had a few decent scenes. The music so far has been bleh, but im assuming this queen lady we just got introduced too is going to want to have rough rough sex with Charlie Chaplin so bad that she must sexually assault him.

There's not really that much too comment about because it has been pretty mediocre, which makes it already better then Naruto, Bleach Filler, AGK, Beware the Batman, Thundercats, and SAO

32egLUw.gif

One Piece 9-24

Man Zoro gets wrecked a ton early. (Really late spoiler)
Feel a bit better about him not having a challenge at Dressrosa or Punk Hazard.
Usopp's story went about as I expected but he has a cute waifu. Pacing slowed down a lot there though. Besides Buggy (and even him probably) every enemy has been one powerful dude controlling others with fear and no one else is actually that evil. Mihawk's introduction was as badass as I expected. Nami is pretty smart but I question her going after Arlong by herself when she has 2 powerful guys
and Usopp
that would have probably gone with her anyways.

Raxus

Taking bets on the new show.

A dub premiere would be nice but I am guessing Log Horizon.

Pie in the sky will forever be JoJo parts 1 and 2.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Taking bets on the new show.

A dub premiere would be nice but I am guessing Log Horizon.

Pie in the sky will forever be JoJo parts 1 and 2.

Viz saying they're "considering" re-dubbing Jojo 1 and 2 would seem to take it out of the running for the time being. Unless they decided to just jump straight to Stardust Crusaders, which would be tremendously stupid. But it's not like Toonami hasn't made similarly stupid jumps before.

Viz saying they're "considering" re-dubbing Jojo 1 and 2 would seem to take it out of the running for the time being. Unless they decided to just jump straight to Stardust Crusaders, which would be tremendously stupid. But it's not like Toonami hasn't made similarly stupid jumps before.

I dunno jojo part 1 does start fairly slow compared to part 3

I do think there's a good chance they'd start with Part 3 if they ever do get JoJo.

On the bright side, it'd be pretty easy to go back and air Part 1 and Part 2 after that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What I want to know is what will that rolling the cherry on the tip of the tongue will sound like in English.

Probably someone sticking their tongue out and waggling it.
"Rero Rero" is just the Japanese "sound" for licking. It would be awkward if the actor went "lick lick lick lick lick lick"

ckohler

One Piece 19-30:

• Kuina... =(
  • Overall, I found the Baratie Arc kinda meh compared to the rest so far.
  • It was worth it at least for the stranded island episode.
  • I also liked some of the Grand Line buildup and foreshadowing.
  • Don Krieg was a bland villain.
  • If I didn't know a bit of what happens next, I'd be upset with Nami's behavior.

Line_HTX

Probably someone sticking their tongue out and waggling it.
"Rero Rero" is just the Japanese "sound" for licking. It would be awkward if the actor went "lick lick lick lick lick lick"

Yeah, I know that Rero Rero is the onomatopoeia.

Maybe the translation should be Likitung, lol

Have some ratings! Included Family Guy just to show the lead-in for Toonami.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/03/29/saturday-cable-ratings-march-26-2016/

Code:
Show			Net	Time		Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
FAMILY GUY		ADSM	11:30 PM	2,096		1.0
DRAGON BALL Z KAI	ADSM	12:00 AM	1,473		0.7
DIMENSION W		ADSM	12:30 AM	1,250		0.6
PARASYTE		ADSM	1:00 AM		1,155		0.6
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO	ADSM	1:30 AM		1,089		0.5
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN	ADSM	2:00 AM		994		0.5
ONE PIECE		ADSM	2:30 AM		884		0.4
KILL LA KILL		ADSM	3:00 AM		809		0.4

Seda

DRAGON BALL Z KAI ADSM 12:00 AM 1,473 0.7
DIMENSION W ADSM 12:30 AM 1,250 0.6
PARASYTE ADSM 1:00 AM 1,155 0.6
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO ADSM 1:30 AM 1,089 0.5
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN ADSM 2:00 AM 994 0.5
ONE PIECE ADSM 2:30 AM 884 0.4
KILL LA KILL ADSM 3:00 AM 809 0.4

mightynine more like mightyfine

Line_HTX

Champloo back in the millions again. Misguided Miscreants knows how to get people.

If only there weren't so much time allocated to commercials that both the Dimension W OP and ED would play in their entirety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom