• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

Have some ratings! Included Family Guy just to show the lead-in for Toonami.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/03/29/saturday-cable-ratings-march-26-2016/

Code:
Show			Net	Time		Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
FAMILY GUY		ADSM	11:30 PM	2,096		1.0
DRAGON BALL Z KAI	ADSM	12:00 AM	1,473		0.7
DIMENSION W		ADSM	12:30 AM	1,250		0.6
PARASYTE		ADSM	1:00 AM		1,155		0.6
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO	ADSM	1:30 AM		1,089		0.5
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN	ADSM	2:00 AM		994		0.5
ONE PIECE		ADSM	2:30 AM		884		0.4
KILL LA KILL		ADSM	3:00 AM		809		0.4

Woohoo!

mightynine more like mightyfine

hqdefault.jpg

ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR A LIVE-ACTION FULL METAL ALCHEMIST MOVIE?!?

WITH AL DONE WITH CGI INSTEAD OF A REAL SUIT/!??!?

Japan's making it, not America.

Oh wait no, it's just a prank. People spread the word using 銅の錬金術師 (so, Full Copper Alchemist) which caused confusion cause the first kanji looks like 鋼 (Metal, steel) LMAO

EDIT : actually I don't know. It's a mess. There's that + a real website reporting it but they might have been fooled too. Let's wait for an official confirmation LOL

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, could be an early April Fools, then. At least the US isn't making it....

MICHAEL BAY'S FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST. SHIA LABOUF AS ED, MEGAN FOX AS WENRY....

*looks at date*

Yeah...I'd just question everything for the next few days. I'm not buying anything that sounds too out there until April 2nd. Lucky the FLCL announcement barely flew under the radar otherwise I would've called bullshit.

Jarate

Banned
No, but if you guys need any help with audio production and anything, just ask me, I did go to college for Radio (Dont ever do this ever)

Jarate

Banned
Tenchi Muyo! GXP: Episode 3, The Devil Princess of Jurai

So Charlie Chaplin goes to the queen, who everyone calls a devil for some reason. She seems to be a cunning older women of authority, so it only makes sense for her to fall instan tly in love with Charlie Chaplin. Apparently, in this vast vast galaxy, the only piece of ass worth getting is this tiny japanese man who is incapable of performing simple tasks without nearly killing himself.

We find out the big reason why everyone is so enamored with him, apparently, last episode he was forced to choose where to teleport in escape of a gang of space pirates for some reason. He managed to accidently teleport next to hundreds of different space pirates who also decided to follow him. So he's got a fleet of space pirates after him, and then he teleports directly in front of this queen of space lady who uses her deus ex machina wave to capture all the space pirates.

This episode introduces 2 new waifus in the Queen of Space, who really wants to diddle Japanese Charlie Chaplin, and the most popular female space pirate, who also wants to nibble at him. So we've got additions to the waifu force. Literally every single important female characters so far besides the queens advisor really wants Chaplin's booty.

So now we have as part of this waifu quest

-His Girlfriend from home
-Chick who initially "scouted him" and sexually assaulted him (might have been mouth to mouth resuscitation"
-This happy to be alive chick who's clearly the best waifu, but knowing anime she'll be forgotten because japanese hate these characters for some reason. IE see the Brown hair tall girl from Trigun
-The queen of the entire galaxy
-The most powerful female space pirate

And im sure there's bound to be a lot more females in positions of power who want to fiddle with Japanese Charlie Chaplin. On a scale of believability, I guess SAO makes more harem sense because Kirito actually exhibits competence, but I don't see how anyone would want to self insert themselves as Charlie Chaplin, but unlike Kirito, Charlie Chaplin has some sort of personality.

So it's been 3 episodes and we have 5 waifus. It doesnt seem like they are going to introduce more, but you never know.

Also, this episode was a major stepdown from the others in terms of animation and just the quality of the slap stick. Im going to assume that it falls from a cliff at some point but maybe Toonami Gaf really just hates Chartlie Chaplin (im a big slapstick comedy fan personally) WE SHALL CONTINUE FORWARD

Line_HTX

GXP is something I wouldn't mind forgetting. Along with Reign: The Conqueror.

OH MY GOD...

I never finished watching that. I got to about episode 7 before giving up because I was still lost on what's going on, even though I know what the premise and setting was.

I wish I was around with you all when GXP aired. I saw it a long time ago and I could barely get through just a few episodes. It actually made Tenchi in Tokyo look like a masterpiece. I repeat, a masterpiece and that shit was dreck too.

Jarate

Banned
So do all Tenchi shows take place in the same universe with an overarcing storyline, or is it just, let's slap a new pathetic young man who looks exactly the same as the last pathetic young man, and fill it out with the same waifus

The only Tenchi show I remember was the one on OG Toonami, and I don't remember any plot of that show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom