• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

It's so eponymous. A lot of endings are just random bullshit stuck on to the end of a show (some openings as well) so you get these situations where the ending is a huge mood whiplash.

One Punch Man will be another if that ever comes to Toonami. The ending is nothing like the rest of the show.

Crocodile

It's so eponymous. A lot of endings are just random bullshit stuck on to the end of a show (some openings as well) so you get these situations where the ending is a huge mood whiplash.

Gotta sell those singles somehow! Who cares if they fit the show :p

One Punch Man will be another if that ever comes to Toonami. The ending is nothing like the rest of the show.

Eh, OPM never gets as grimdark as shows like Deadman Wonderland so the whiplash is never that big

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Do they depart the manga at all? I haven't sat down and watched it all since I want to wait for it to hit Toonami.
Not really. There's a few minor differences with how scenes play out (certain parts are also left out) but otherwise sticks to the manga for the most part, ending with the
SUPER ULTRA MEGA RADICALLY AWESOME TO THE XTREME BOROS
fight.

Crocodile

There is some added/anime-original stuff (mostly in episodes 5 and 10 from my recollection) and some plot points for future seasons get brought up even though they weren't introduced in the manga at that point
(Garou)
but if you've read the manga (Murata version) through the
Boros arc
you should be familiar with all the points the anime hits.

Mizerman

Also, it hit mean that in a couple of months the revived block will hit 4 years of age.

Yup. It feels as if time went by fast.

More like hey, this up and comer (and the serial killer) might know something, let's bring them in on this top secret quasi military task force. The APA. DAMN!

apa-titantron-o.gif

Seda

I remember when Schadenfreude was a newbie Junior in the original thread. 4 years ago ...

I know some regulars like B-Dubs, Shard, GaimeGuy, BatDan, Raxus(?) were active in the original OT too. edit: MetatronM's been doing the schedule reminders since like the third week.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I remember when Schadenfreude was a newbie Junior in the original thread. 4 years ago ...

I know some regulars like B-Dubs, Shard, GaimeGuy, BatDan, Raxus(?) were active in the original OT too.

It's been a hell of a ride.

Soulflarz

Banned
When did I join? I know I probably wouldn't have kept with Toonami if it wasn't for you guys, and if it wasn't for Bass I definitely wouldn't have watched One Piece.

I wouldn't have kept up because I know Toonami Twitter mostly died even before I came here, and as such, I was kind of without a reason a reason to watch it vs just watch shows I like via my funi+crunchyroll subs.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I not only worked most Saturdays when nu Toonami premiered but was also pretty much done with ASA, having not seen a show regularly since the first part of Code Geass. The Saturdays I didn't work I ended up either playing vidja games or tabletop games with friends.

My first regular thread appearance was saying that Naruto Filler was awful. Then I kinda got sucked in again as E7 was ending and had so many people in here trashing it. I love that show. Then I just kinda...kept watching.

Another fun story: I was kinda tired on that fateful April Fools night and literally turned my TV off thinking it would just be Bleach maybe with some fart noises or The Room again. Literally minutes before. If I had seen that night live I don't know what would have happened.

I also remember tuning in at my folk's house to one of the very early episodes of DMWL and going what the fuck. I also saw maybe half an episode of Casshew a few months later.

Line_HTX

I discovered this thread somehow when AoT started its first run. Then finally decided to join up late September. Took about a month, but I got in here as it ended.

THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE WALL POST CREDITS!

Mizerman

I remember being on Gamefaqs when E7 first aired. I liked it, but it was somewhat divisive to those who watched it.

When Death Note and Code Geass aired at the same time, it was entertaining.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I sometimes wonder if Dewey is just crazy or if he and Holland really are from a crazy cult family that kills the patriarch every generation to sate the bloodlust of the planet. I mean, he did kill his dad and he's really pissed about his brother, yet was willing to work closely with him until his brother screwed him by defecting.

Raxus

Pretty sure Canada produced several shitty (sorry RPG) shows for CN as well including the Total Drama series and co-producing Johnny Test.

So blame Canada I suppose.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty sure Canada produced several shitty (sorry RPG) shows for CN as well including the Total Drama series and co-producing Johnny Test.

The backbone of CN's new animated shows during the live action era were Canadan or Canadian co-productions.

Pretty sure Canada produced several shitty (sorry RPG) shows for CN as well including the Total Drama series and co-produced Johnny Test.

No need to say sorry. Our shows (most of them) are shite. They tend to be either bad grossout shows, obnoxious or outright unwatchable. Anyone here know My Life Me? Or perhaps you've seen a certain little show called Wayside? All Canadian made with the animation reflective of how much effort they put into them.

And you can just call me Shin, Raxus. Feels odd having someone refer to me as RPG.

Raxus

Thank god Pendelton Ward came along and practically saved the network, fuckery aside.

No need to say sorry. Our shows (most of them) are shite. They tend to be either bad grossout shows, obnoxious or outright unwatchable. Anyone here know My Life Me? Or perhaps you've seen a certain little show called Wayside? All Canadian made with the animation reflective of how much effort they put into them.

And you can just call me Shin, Raxus. Feels odd having someone refer to me as RPG.
Sure thing Shin *Whipcrack*

Funny enough the creator behind Johnny Test has a show on CN right now called Supernoobs. Nobody just gives a fuck it is on. And yes it is as annoying as it sounds.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Or worse, RPG-Sama, Reboot.

Seda

This is really random but for some reason when I first saw Raxus posting years ago I assumed he was a jerk because that was my impression of the avatar (note I know nothing about Street Fighter). Turns out he's like the nicest most positive dude.

This is really random but for some reason when I first saw Raxus posting years ago I assumed he was a jerk because that was my impression of the avatar (note I know nothing about Street Fighter). Turns out he's like the nicest most positive dude.

Zangief is a pretty nice and positive guy.

Funny enough the creator behind Johnny Test has a show on CN right now called Supernoobs. Nobody just gives a fuck it is on. And yes it is as annoying as it sounds.

The most deadly drinking game. Take a shot every time you hear the whipcrack sound in Johnny Test.

Also Supernoobs, really? Are we back in the early-mid 2000's? Does every episode title have some kind of noob pun?

Mizerman

Thank god Pendelton Ward came along and practically saved the network, fuckery aside.

Those damn whipcracks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom