• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really random but for some reason when I first saw Raxus posting years ago I assumed he was a jerk because that was my impression of the avatar (note I know nothing about Street Fighter). Turns out he's like the nicest most positive dude.

Just because Zangief is bad guy does not mean Raxus is bad guy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's it.

In the original its more like, hey, there's too much sentient matter/life in this universe...changed to the cool sounding but really dumb limit of questions.

I mean, that still comes through. I've only ever seen the dub and I've always felt that was pretty clearly stated. All they did was give the theory a name to make it easier to refer to later on.

I remember when Schadenfreude was a newbie Junior in the original thread. 4 years ago ...

I know some regulars like B-Dubs, Shard, GaimeGuy, BatDan, Raxus(?) were active in the original OT too. edit: MetatronM's been doing the schedule reminders since like the third week.

Wow, 4 years. That's one crazy ride we've been on.

Mizerman

Just because Zangief is bad guy does not mean Raxus is bad guy.

quick%20change%20the%20channel%20zangief%202.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The original is...the limit of life. Though in turn that's not entirely accurate either as its really a Limit of sentient life in one place at one time, which causes black holes to develop because.........

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The original is...the limit of life. Though in turn that's not entirely accurate either as its really a Limit of sentient life in one place at one time, which causes black holes to develop because.........

There's no good way of summing it up in a few words, but I think the limit of questions comes closest to be honest.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's no good way of summing it up in a few words, but I think the limit of questions comes closest to be honest.

It's still less weird than Dewey inviting Anemone to a dance and telling her he's furious and always has been at his brother because he was picked to kill his dad instead of himself because Holland killed his mother at childbirth and how that was supposed to calm the world down. He was apparently fine hanging out with him as a professional ref boarder team and as his military commander, and didn't hold a grudge when he was wrongfully imprisoned for three years because of his defection, but being the one chosen to kill their dad. Which he kill stole anyways! It did not calm down the earth either!

Jarate

Banned
I was banned for the first 3 months of Toonami's reairing, and then posted like a couple of times in the thread, then immediately got banned for another 2 or so months

So I wouldve been the in the beginning, but alas, It twasnt meant to be

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's so eponymous. A lot of endings are just random bullshit stuck on to the end of a show (some openings as well) so you get these situations where the ending is a huge mood whiplash.

Funny enough, Shiny Shiny isn't really random bullshit tacked on, though. It's deliberately intended to have a tonal dissonance with the rest of the show. It's even credited to "Deadman Wonder Band"
feat. NIRGILIS

Line_HTX

Erica Mendez ‏@tsunderica 4m4 minutes ago

Tomokazu Sugita is going to be in the new Zero Escape game.... but... must.. support... eventual... English release....

Ryuko / Yuuki knows. SHE KNOWS!!

aaaAAAaaa! :p

Its too late for a Dragon Ball Super dub for me. I'm already used to the Japanese voices. The dub voices are starting to transition out of my mind as the "correct" voices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom