• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Samurai Jack is also going to eliminate whomever said that daytime CN must be the all Teen Titans GO! all the time channel.

Mizerman

Samurai Jack is also going to eliminate whomever said that daytime CN must be the all Teen Titans GO! all the time channel.

Ugh. Cartoon Network bends over backwards to promote TTG above EVERY other show on its block. There's favoritism and then there's...this.

Even Johnny Test didn't get this much love.

cntr

Banned
Yeah. :/ At least Jojo's still there where it should be.

e: If it's any consolation, Unicorn is going to end in 5 episodes.

In concept, I rather like that the main character's sisters are the scientists in this Dexter's Lab arrangement. Can't say I've seen anything else good about it.

*whip sound*

Preeetty sure that's not the case.

Regiruler

Schedule's out:

11:00 Jack
11:30 Super
12:00 Sand Whale and Me/Kai
12:30 Jojo
1:00 Tokyo Ghoul
1:30 Unicorn
2:00 HxH
2:30 Naruto
3:00 GitS

Ugh. I'm losing a half hour because I was ending at Naruto/HxH depending on how I was feeling.

I want to follow GITS but its driving me nuts how late it is.

In a weird, twisted way, I'm excited for TG. It's been a while since we've had a real hatewatch.

cntr

Banned
Heh, isn't GitS actually running in an earlier timeslot compared to when it debuted?

Tokyo Ghoul should be a fun show to make fun of, it isn't a total snoozefest like Unicorn, and it isn't Akame ga Kill unwatchably bad either. I think. (edit: Hope you guys don't shit on the manga too much for getting a shitty Pierrot adaptation though, it doesn't deserve that.)

Moaradin

TBH the first season of Tokyo Ghoul isn't that bad. The major problems are the ridiculous black bar censoring in the original Japanese broadcast (which we shouldn't have to deal with), and the extremely fast pacing, especially during the later half. You can actually see the potential while you watch it. It has a pretty interesting premise and the characters could be pretty compelling if it was executed well in the anime. Even as someone who hasn't read the manga and only watched the anime, I could tell that the source material was probably pretty good.

In the end, it ended up being pretty mediocre almost entirely because of Studio Pierrot. It has a pretty decent beginning few episodes, and a good last episode (even though it's totally not a good place to end the season lol), but the rushed pacing fucks it up. Season 2 is a complete mess though. It's mostly anime original and it shows.

cntr

Banned
I'd be surprised if, years down the line, Tokyo Ghoul didn't have a proper redone series like Hellsing or HxH did.

i see the logic in prioritizing the shows that are actually gonna end so they don't have to rotate slots around so much but it feels like Hunter x Hunter always ends up kinda screwed as a result.

at least it seems like it's doing okay ratings-wise.

cntr

Banned
So a friend is telling me about Nier Automata...

You can unlock
a debug mode. Like, "use wireframes", "turn off effects", "affect character movement", etc, that kind of debug mode. You can also set the sound to chiptune. They redid the entire soundtrack in chiptunes for this.

What a fucking great game.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i see the logic in prioritizing the shows that are actually gonna end so they don't have to rotate slots around so much but it feels like Hunter x Hunter always ends up kinda screwed as a result.

at least it seems like it's doing okay ratings-wise.

HxH is going to become required watching soon, so it should do OK in that spot. If it can't pull numbers once York New starts for real then American Anime fans have no taste confirmed.

Moaradin

So a friend is telling me about Nier Automata...

You can unlock
a debug mode. Like, "use wireframes", "turn off effects", "affect character movement", etc, that kind of debug mode. You can also set the sound to chiptune. They redid the entire soundtrack in chiptunes for this.

What a fucking great game.

I just got all the endings last night. The game is incredible and I can't stop thinking about it. It's honestly one of my favorite games now. Platinum, Yoko Taro, and Keiichi Okabe on their A game.

cntr

Banned
i-love-yorknewjxjzp.jpg

Speaking of which....

The real eclectic misheard lyrics to this always crack me up
From the _Msn_ commenter:
"Trying out something difficult"
"Hiding-and-uh-SAFE FROM YOUTUBE"
comments
"Don't come back, suck a leaky eye"
Luca
"Sailor-sunshine-WHOHOHO"

And yup I had a feeling HxH would be pushed back. And damn it is on quite late. Really would like to see the DST salvage the ratings nonetheless
oh and the fact that it's the Phantom Troupe arc

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kind of figured Tokyo Ghoul would get 1 a.m while everything else aside from the rerun slot would get bumped down.

Only now, when I return from not watching Shippuden, it's only for one show instead of two.

cntr

Banned
The Pain arc's coming up in Shippuden, and Pierrot up aside, it's gonna be pretty good. And with Unicorn on its way out soon, the overall quality of the late block actually isn't going to be too bad.

I find it interesting that once again Jojo has retained its time slot, it must be doing very well.
Yup. And still gonna bet that 1 am's reserved for the Mob Psycho and Stardust Crusaders premiers.

Moaradin

I only imagine JoJo is keeping it's slot because they don't intend to go into Part 3 right away. Part 3 would probably eventually get bumped down as well whenever that starts airing.

So instead of doing dungeons, I'm actually running around in Breath of the Wild regaining my memories.

I gotta say I might be in the minority regarding Zelda's voice. I like how she doesn't sound like a princess or terribly important. She has a very down to earth voice. Granted I haven't heard much yet. I've only found three memories.

cntr

Banned
I could actually see them treating SDC as a two-season show (which it is), and splitting it up into 25 episode blocks and inserting a short show in-between.

That possibility + SDC being a great episodic entry series, it bringing in pre-existing fans wanting to see the dub for the first time, and having no stupid accents means that it could be really popular and end up not being pushed down.

Moaradin

HxH always had pretty decent ratings. It consistently did just as good or better than JoJo back when it was airing at 1:00. Don't think it's in trouble of getting pulled, especially since One Piece was on the block much longer than it would take to get through the entire HxH series.

Schedule's out:

Not really surprised by the schedule, but it sucks for HxH being later and after Unicorn... I kinda figured it would have gotten pushed down when TG was announced. Still wish Unicorn and HxH flipped, but whatever.

cntr

Banned
I guess since Unicorn will end eventually, they want to keep it simple and just keep the long-runners at the back?

Josh5890

Schedule's out:

I remember when I started watching last year Toonami ran from 12am-3:30 EST. In the last year it has added a whole hour to the block. That has to mean Toonami is doing good if the block is expanding, right?

cntr

Banned
I remember when I started watching last year Toonami ran from 12am-3:30 EST. In the last year it has added a whole hour to the block. That has to mean Toonami is doing good if the block is expanding, right?
Probably!

Don't think the Jack timeslot's gonna be permanent, though.

Probably!

Don't think the Jack timeslot's gonna be permanent, though.

I think the 11AM timeslot might stick around for a little bit, like how we had an extra half hour of Toonami during the summer last year. I'd be surprised if it was permanent though.

Bruh, there's still 10 episodes left.

Hunter x Hunter was always going to be pushed down eventually.

Sad reality. What gets me is people are flipping out about this over on Reddit, yet they were the same ones complaining that Naruto and One Piece should be dumped to get more new shows. Like, the consequence of that was always going to be shows like HxH getting pushed to the back to make room for new debuts.

I only wish that HxH and Unicorn could swap spots.

Yeah sorry, the Gundam Wiki misled me.

Bluh.

Checked again and it turns out Unicorn actually has 12 episode left. :/

Battle Tendency only has 6 episodes left though so that show should be getting a replacement soon. Be interesting to see if we're going straight into Stardust Crusaders or going for something else (Mob Psycho maybe?)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So instead of doing dungeons, I'm actually running around in Breath of the Wild regaining my memories.

I gotta say I might be in the minority regarding Zelda's voice. I like how she doesn't sound like a princess or terribly important. She has a very down to earth voice. Granted I haven't heard much yet. I've only found three memories.
I loved her voice by the end of the memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom