• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

15894742_425051781172412_6815834675001764464_n.jpg

Lack of pouches.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I always thought of that show as being a good fit for Toonami from what I've heard about it, but it's definitely tricky since Netflix has streaming rights while Funimation has home video rights. So I doubt it comes to Toonami.

Weird faces and casual groping the show. I still gotta finish the OVAs Netflix put up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
JonTron's been doing this shit all along and people only noticed it recently. He had a few pretty big ones before this that blew over but the heightened awareness since PDD and the election has pretty much doomed him.

Seven Deadly Sins on Netflix has a good dub for what it's worth.

cntr

Banned
Seven Deadly Sins falls apart after a while, right?

Doesn't Seven Deadly Sins start off with some really uncomfortable fanservice?
Yeah, apparently since the main girl is
obviously the reincarnation of the MC's dead wife
, some...rather eh "stuff" happens.

Sad thing is all the signs were always there since back in his GG days.

I mean, I'm listening to this Debate with Destiny and he's just... my god man.

Mr. Tron! I implore you... Please no...

If it does, I'm not there yet. Only on chapter 43 of like 200 so I've got a ways to go. Really digging it so far aside from a few problems. Most of them dealing with the fanservice bits being kind of creepy in the beginning.

Morlas

It's always sad when someone you liked turns out to be a sack of crap....in these cases one can only hope that the person or persons come to their senses some day however unlikely it might be.

In terms of toonami i've been watching some Jack clips on youtube since i haven't had the chance to watch the as stream, and damn is this show even better than i remember.

One has to wonder if Arin had any idea of just how nuts Jon was. Might have contributed to Jon leaving Game Grumps if he did.

Dan has always been a better Grump than Jon

I think Dan is better then both of them to be honest. Unsubscribed from Game Grumps a long while ago. Mostly because their commentary started to bore me. Slightly because Arin was starting to annoy me...

But Danny's such a great dude.

In terms of toonami i've been watching some Jack clips on youtube since i haven't had the chance to watch the as stream, and damn is this show even better than i remember.

It's always great when a show turns out to be better than you remember. That one episode where all the bounty hunters come together to plan on how to take out Jack for the entire episode only to get beaten in the last minute of the thing was gold. Sheer brilliance.

Morlas

I think Dan is better then both of them to be honest. Unsubscribed from Game Grumps a long while ago. Mostly because their commentary started to bore me. Slightly because Arin was starting to annoy me...

But Danny's such a great dude.

It's always great when a show turns out to be better than you remember. That one episode where all the bounty hunters come together to plan on how to take out Jack for the entire episode only to get beaten in the last minute of the thing was gold. Sheer brilliance.

I know right i just loved how the Scotsman beat a bunch of sirens with bagpipes lol.

Yeah, apparently since the main girl is
obviously the reincarnation of the MC's dead wife
, some...rather eh "stuff" happens.

The series has a noticeable dip in quality when the concept of power levels is introduced out of nowhere and gets shoved down your throat, but I think the series has since recovered from that and has found its footing again.

Also that rabbit hole goes even deeper
Elizabeth has been reincarnated like 3 times now and has been Meliodas' love interest every time

There is more to Meliodas fondling then that though which gets into way later series spoilers.

Regiruler

Breath of the Wild is one of those rare games where 10-20 hours in you're still saying to yourself, "OH SHIT, I CAN DO THAT!?"

Or "OH MAN, WHAT IS THAT!? I CAN GO THERE!"

Meanwhile the wonderful 101 is one of those games where you are finding new things 200 hours in.

A friend of mine back then said that he felt Wonderful 101 should've been 10 dollars instead of 60, where he was practically showing me the whole game's main story (at the time when I didn't have a Wii U)

But yeah, I think he's still big on
Clover Studio
PlatinumGames
(PlayStation 4 stuff aside...he's only gotten the XBox/Nintendo consoles let alone I've yet to make it past having more than just PS2)

Morlas

That feel when your saturday anime block led off by the return of a cartoon after a decade does better than your primetime premieres.

Samurai Jack had a great debut, but everything else saw massive dips. JoJo had like 650k viewers. :p

Like, I know Saturday was Day Light's Savings, but was there anything else major happening that night?

cntr

Banned
Ratings don't seem like they're ever going to make sense, so better to avoid getting into rating theory nonsense 'cause they're not going to make sense either, eh.

Yeah, seems like ratings kinda collapsed after Super. Oh well, probably just a one off.

Also remember how I thought Ghost Recon: Wildlands was coming out at the worst possible time?

Well apparently it's the biggest videogame debut of the year.

So...I was maybe a bit wrong.

Nothing is missable, don't worry.

Amazing game all around though. I laid on my couch the other day with my headphones on and just listened to the OST on youtube for a solid hour and a half.

So far, my second run with 9S feels like a new game plus but with extra stuff added.

And the OST is amazing.

The average Toonami viewer isn't ready for
Prince vs David Bowie.

But Prince doesn't have shit hair. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom