• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, Mass Effect: Andromeda looks rough.

Yeah, I'm not totally interested since I only played the first game and it was enjoyable for me, but I never got too interested in play ME2 (heard good things). Sucks that it looks so rough for those interested. Hopefully, it's fixed.

Even if I wanted ME:A, I still have some games I want in the near future like Persona 5 and I just got a Switch with Zelda and some other games via Target deal so I'm fine far as games go. This year has been great for games so far and it's only March!

ckohler

Don't fret guys. I'm getting One Piece back on the block...

GEIG7jU.jpg

Tenumi

Banned
Jeez, Mass Effect: Andromeda looks rough.

Afraid I haven't seen what you've seen, then. Everything I've seen has been good to me. Of course, opinions and all that.

Also, I have a preorder set for the Deluxe edition, so... yeah. Multiplayer with friends is my big draw. We loved ME3 multiplayer, and honestly, more of the same of that is totally fine with us.

ckohler

I'm secretly hoping Toonami does a Persona 5 (3 weeks! AAAAGH!) review at some time. The series deserves more attention.

I could see it happening due to its anime stylings but Jason or Gil might not have the patience for it. P4G took me well over 100 hours and P5 is supposedly longer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
RPGs or RPG-ish games Toonami has reviewed:

- Grandia
- Final Fantasy X
- Front Mission 3
- Lost Kingdoms
- Elder Scrolls 3
- .hack//Infection
- Front Mission 4
- Mass Effect 3
- Diablo 3
- Skyrim
- Ni no Kuni
- Child of Light

If they can play those, they can give Persona 5 a review.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh they also reviewed final fantasy 7 & panzer dragoon saga i guess

They also reviewed the Xbox system itself.

Regiruler

I can't wait for Toonami to review botw, give it an 8.5, then drop down the metascore by another point.

Toonami would be at the height of its popularity.

Yeah. I figured Hunter X Hunter was going to get pushed down. It wasn't even something I thought would be debated really.

It is kind of amazing how the long runners do eventually just flow to the back of the bus if they're not DBZ but that seems like the nature of how this should work regardless despite it working differently back when the revived Toonami began. I still remember back when it was Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Blue Exorcist, and Black Lagoon. And then the shows after that my brain shut off I think.

Now it's the reverse. One Piece began at 1:00, ended up at 2:30. And Shippuden began at 12:30... ended up at 2:30 too.

And while Naruto is certainly very popular over here, it sure as shit ain't no DBZ.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Snow Day turned to slush day but it gave me enough time to see the ending of Breath of the Wild. Not beat because...well, I'm guess I'm under half of the total stuff there is to do in this game.

It is by far the best video game I have ever played. Nintendo took a lot of shit for only showing BotW last year at E3 but man, they picked the game to do that with. I'm pretty sure I'll still be playing this game on and off for the next year at least!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just beat Horizon and that was a god damn good game. If GG can work out some quality of life issues like improving the menu UI and some things of that nature and just evolving and expanding on everything present in HZD for its inevitable sequel and it could be something truly awesome. Add some multiplayer co op Monster Hunter style gameplay in there and it could be amazing if pulled off.

Breath of the Wild is one of those rare games where 10-20 hours in you're still saying to yourself, "OH SHIT, I CAN DO THAT!?"

Or "OH MAN, WHAT IS THAT!? I CAN GO THERE!"

Just decided to start reading Seven Deadly Sins.

Had a so-so, kind of generic start but I'm at chapter 43 now and holy shit this is awesome!

Just decided to start reading Seven Deadly Sins.

Had a so-so, kind of generic start but I'm at chapter 43 now and holy shit this is awesome!

I always thought of that show as being a good fit for Toonami from what I've heard about it, but it's definitely tricky since Netflix has streaming rights while Funimation has home video rights. So I doubt it comes to Toonami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom