• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From a press release about Toonami's 20th anniversary:

"For on-air eyes only, fans will have the limited chance to participate in an anniversary-themed giveaway to win T-shirts, T.O.M action figures, a limited run, printed comic from Intruder 3, and more. Details on how to register will be revealed during that night’s broadcast.

Replace JoJo with Jesse's Bizarre Adventure: Pokebattle Tendency

tumblr_inline_ompb2riBsx1ucmdiv_540.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
holy crap, FINALLY. It's been years since Funimation got the rights, but I know it was more Sunrise's fault for it taking so long.

Edit: $50 for the series, $75 for the CE.

Chase17

Because Disney XD won't show it for some reason.
Weird how start of XY had the first episode released the same time as Japan on CN. CN has less interest with it as time goes on. Then the series gets picked up Disney XD making me thing it will get a push, then four months into Sun and moon and silence.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sadly I have to miss the first half of Samurai Jack this Saturday. Work wants me until 10 (Central Time). I'll record it and watch it during Unicorn, and then watch Unicorn in the morning.

cntr

Banned
They're also simuldubbing My Hero Academia for the first 9 episodes or something, then a-few-days-delayed-dubbing it like they did with S1.

Weird how start of XY had the first episode released the same time as Japan on CN. CN has less interest with it as time goes on. Then the series gets picked up Disney XD making me thing it will get a push, then four months into Sun and moon and silence.
Might be some bizarro licensing issues Japan-side, like what we had with Super.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Basically what happened to Naruto all those years ago happened with Pokémon. CN didn't think it was worth matching what Disney was willing to pay. Now Pokémon is a much more demographically fitting show so it shouldn't turn out too bad for them but I wish they'd get a move on showing what they have of Sun/Moon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*looks at Spring anime list*

...........damn it, is MHA S2 the only thing that looks interesting to me? Have I reached the point where I've become more critical of what it is I want to watch after years of developing a taste & watching anime both good & bad?

....or maybe I'll just rewatch Nichijou, such a good series.

cntr

Banned
Even if the dub doesn't come to toonami right away, I'm glad to be right that a simuldub was happening :p
A simuldub isn't surprising, but a simulcast would be. :d

...........damn it, is MHA S2 the only thing that looks interesting to me? Have I reached the point where I've become more critical of what it is I want to watch after years of developing a taste & watching anime both good & bad?

Comics and books are always going to be better than anime and tv shows. Always.

...watch Space Battleship Yamato 2199 or something. Or Little Witch Academia, I hear that's been really good.

You should totally watch the anime about the Kiss Note. Hellwarden too. It can be the Fuuka of the Spring Season.

Moaradin

A simuldub isn't surprising, but a simulcast would be. :d

Comics and books are always going to be better than anime and tv shows. Always.

...watch Space Battleship Yamato 2199 or something. Or Little Witch Academia, I hear that's been really good.

Don't say that in the anime OT. You might get crucified for it.

LWA is pretty good

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'll quickly rank the winter shows I'm watching.

1. Monster Girls. Always enjoy watching this one.
2. Dragon Maid. This show is funny and colorful.
3. ACCA. Dope ass opening theme to this harem of politics show that's kinda boring.
4. Fuuka. I like this show...and I don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom