• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started playing Transistor. It's pretty cool!

The thing is, all the other eligible shows were either nabbed by Hulu or lack a dub.

So barring new dubs being made, I don't think a permanent Gundam slot is even possible. IBO S2 and G Gundam HD are the only options they have.

They could always have Code Geass fill the spot. DeMarco even said he'd be willing if the price was right.

cntr

Banned
Yeah but that's not a Gundam show. Also I'd be okay with Code Geass since even if it's stupid, it's hilariously stupid.

They should air a Mazinger Z, VOTOMS, or Getter Robo. Now those are mecha shows.

*cough*

QScooxB.jpg

I really like this better. I thought this would be the schedule when Tokyo Ghoul was announced. I still might watch the whole block, but it'll be easier to just relax and hear Unicorn in the background while playing my Switch/3DS/Vita or look stuff up on my computer to pass the time.

Chase17

Really glad that HxH seemingly isn't being pushed back.
Oh man, I'm at snowpeak in Twilight Princess and this entire dungeon is great.
Not showing the boss icon really had me guessing because I feel like I heard somewhere the dungeon doesn't have a boss, and made the boss intro the follows really cool.

TP has some really damn good items. I was expecting something like fire arrows but you get a fucking GIANT FLAIL.
I love how random some of the items in the game are. Link riding on the Beyblade lol

Snow peak is great, and if I'm remembering the dungeon order right, the next dungeon/item is really good too.

Morlas

Yeah i always felt like TP was underrated, honestly if it came out first I think it would be in the OOT position of GOAT,
before breath of the wild came out of course.

Line_HTX

I think Wing was dumber because of multiple stupid character decisions. Code Geass was at least a train ride.

I don't know if Wing would be hated more than IBO though with some similarities in politics.

You know, I really hope Toonami does drop Naruto after the Pain arc. I don't even have anything against the series personally, I just remembered that after the Pain arc, there's 5 months of filler. And it's all random Part-1 filler to boot.

One episode even has Naruto fighting a fucking Ninja Ostrich.

Yeah i always felt like TP was underrated, honestly if it came out first I think it would be in the OOT position of GOAT,
before breath of the wild came out of course.

Eh, I'm of the opposite mind, finding TP overrated. It doesn't help that the game felt like OoT 2.0 with a lot more filler to me. Dungeons were great for the most part and I liked Midna, but Wolf Link sections sucked, Zant wasn't the best villain especially with Ganondorf reveal that I saw coming, even when the game was avoiding him for the most part, and the filler was really bad with the game dragging toward the end for me. It just felt like it was trying to emulate OoT a lot, just like how I felt about ALBW and ALttP with ALBW feeling pretty lifeless for a Zelda game (that was really the only thing I disliked in ALBW, but it was a big thing for me). TP is nowhere near a bad game at all, but I think it's overrated for a Zelda game and this is with me just beating TP HD late last year.

Then again, I liked Skyward Sword (underrated in my opinion, but I understand clearly why people don't like it. Ex: Fi nagging, control issues, lots of backtracking and linearity that is a determent to pacing of game) and Wind Waker (people have come around to it though) more than TP, so I'm a minority in almost all regards and you can probably dismiss my opinion. :p Majora's Mask is probably my favorite Zelda personally, having recently played MM 3D last year and beating it. I've been loving my time with BotW as well.

Ray Down

Banned
You know, I really hope Toonami does drop Naruto after the Pain arc. I don't even have anything against the series personally, I just remembered that after the Pain arc, there's 5 months of filler. And it's all random Part-1 filler to boot.

One episode even has Naruto fighting a fucking Ninja Ostrich.

Lol.

Though fighting an Ostrich doesn't seems worth it for the lols, hell in current OP one of the big villains in the current arc is a
chicken man

Though that filler arc doesn't have someone on the level of
Pudding

Chase17

The dream is to finish pain arc. Randomly jump to and air the Naruto vs sasuke two parter with no explanation. And then either air boruto or free up the spot.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So next week is apparently the last episode of Naruto Shippūden.

The series will close out at 500 episodes.

...Yay?

Good news, then! We're not quite a third of the way through all of Shippuden! If we keep going as we've been, we'll be all done with it by around 2025.

Cntr's prediction coming in clutch

Also Bigkrev you were right about "Get Out."
Although here and there, it did indeed make me feel like hating myself for a bit

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh thank god, HxH is earlier in the night now. I honestly might just drop Unicorn now to give me a full hour of a break before GitS.

Though I still wish HxH was after Jojo so we still don't get the tonal whiplash between Jojo to Tokyo Ghoul back to HxH.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
oh thank god, HxH is earlier in the night now. I honestly might just drop Unicorn now to give me a full hour of a break before GitS.

Though I still wish HxH was after Jojo so we still don't get the tonal whiplash between Jojo to Tokyo Ghoul back to HxH.

Yea, I feel comfortable ducking out after HxH now. I wish Tokyo Ghoul was on after HxH so I could get that extra half-hour of sleep though.

Seda

Man I try not to be cynical but some of that Mass Effect Andromeda footage is shockngly bad. And this isn't the same "occasional glitch" jank that the original game had. These are just the normal animations everyone will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom