• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

I've turned in a copy of my dissertation to my committee and my doctoral exam and presentation is next week. I'll be around for Toonami this Saturday night but otherwise I'm going to be kind of sparse.

giphy.gif

So BONES is basically doing rebuild movies of Eureka Seven.

I don't know how to feel.

Can I borrow a feeling anyone?

Why? Who asked for these movies?

Good luck with all of that ��

You can do it Croc!

Good luck, yo.

Anyway, Good Luck Croc!

Knock it out of the park!

Best of luck, Crocodile. Now this thread could have three PHD's lol

Best of luck Croc.

Thx :)

Line_HTX

Be honest. How many of y'all knew that Johnny was a Power Ranger with the type of voice he has when he's not yelling move names?

:lol

cntr

Banned
According to those ratings we should be ditching Gundam and keeping One Piece.
fwiw, the Nielson day ends at 3 AM. So that'd include DVR ratings from all of Sunday, because...ratings calculation is dumb, I guess.

Plus they had a bunch of issues with power outages and losing data and calculations, so that probably screwed things up too.
Dunno why I'm getting into a ratings discussion, but hey.

How many doctors do we have now?
Do we include Dr. Chaotix?

Neoxon

We've known they've been working on Part 3 for ages now. They even put out dub clips before.
I'm sure it would have been done sooner, but Viz Media taking JoJo from WB may have thrown a wrench in the older plan.

That said, it looks like Stardust Crusaders' English dub may be on track for a Toonami debut.

Raxus

Best of luck Croc.

Found out I am working this weekend and that suuuuuucks. I really wanted to see the next Jack episode.

Line_HTX

At least it's a good thing that DVR counts towards ratings. It's a good feeling to record something while you're away and is included in that data, haha

cntr

Banned
At least it's a good thing that DVR counts towards ratings. It's a good feeling to record something while you're away and is included in that data, haha
Specifically, Nielsen cuts off days at 3 AM, and normally 1 - 3 AM Sunday is part of Saturday, ratings-wise. But since DST happened, the latter half of the block rolled over into Sunday, and all the DVR stuff was included.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Literally the only thing in the Eureka seveN franchise that isn't complete shit is the original anime (which is fantastic). I firmly believe that Dai Sato was the only one working on the show who actually understood the series.

I've turned in a copy of my dissertation to my committee and my doctoral exam and presentation is next week. I'll be around for Toonami this Saturday night but otherwise I'm going to be kind of sparse.

giphy.gif

Why? Who asked for these movies?

Good luck!

Far as the movies go, I didn't ask for them, but I'll definitely watch them if they are any good. If they manage to make it as bad as AO, that's a feat in itself. The good thing is that Dai Sato is involved (chief writer of the anime, wasn't involved with AO) with these movies. That's a good sign to me. It'll be interesting since it seems the first movie is a prologue with detailing the First Summer of Love. This could be good or horrible. I'm not surprised we are getting these movies since it seemed Bones noticed how people felt about AO and have been considering doing something to reboot the series.

Morlas

And honestly if Eureka Seven had one weakness for me it was the pacing, so if these movies do the plot and characters as well as the original anime then they could be the definitive version.

And honestly if Eureka Seven had one weakness for me it was the pacing, so if these movies do the plot and characters as well as the original anime then they could be the definitive version.

Yeah, Eureka Seven is my favorite anime and I do agree pacing is its main weakness. It mainly depends on what is contained in the movies and how they manage the plot of the original series in a movie or so since the first one seems to take place before the series's events.

Yeah, Eureka Seven is my favorite anime and I do agree pacing is its main weakness. It mainly depends on what is contained in the movies and how they manage the plot of the original series in a movie or so since the first one seems to take place before the series's events.

I tried to get into it but the first 3 episodes didn't really hook me and Toonami was on a reair that would end in like 2 episodes so it wasn't worth the effort to catch up. I'll check out the dubbed movies though since the show looks like it had potential.

I tried to get into it but the first 3 episodes didn't really hook me and Toonami was on a reair that would end in like 2 episodes so it wasn't worth the effort to catch up. I'll check out the dubbed movies though since the show looks like it had potential.

Yeah, I can see that. The series takes a moment to get going and it is a 50 episode series. Some parts can be annoying for most (the kids...), but I think the series is definitely worth watching and, hopefully, the movies turn out well. I still feel mixed on Evangelion's Rebuild movies.

Thank you

You're welcome.

Seda

Eureka Seven has some fantastic individual episodes. It sometimes gets bogged down in the jargon, the pacing is inconsistent, and the literal power of love is kinda tough for me to reconcile.

cntr

Banned
Eureka Seven is actually sounding like it'd be right up my alley, haha. I'll check it out sometime.

The dub's good, right?

Eureka Seven has some fantastic individual episodes. It sometimes gets bogged down in the jargon, the pacing is inconsistent, and the literal power of love is kinda tough for me to reconcile.

Pretty much how I feel about E7, can't say anything about E7:AO since I was sane enough to avoid it.

Pretty good interview with Demarco on the 20th anniversary:

Vulture - How Toonami Was a Anime Gateway for Millennials

Interesting tidbit at the end, that FLCL may not be the only thing in the pipeline:

You mentioned the new seasons of Fooly Cooly, which are a huge milestone for you guys. Beyond that, what’s another show that you don’t have right now that you would want to bring on?

If there was a show I would wanna bring on … the last show like that was One Punch Man. The very second we heard about it, we were like, we have to have that. So, obviously, when more One Punch Man comes out, we’ll want that. But I also really like Mob Psycho 100 a lot.

Beyond that, we’re developing other things besides Fooly Cooly, but nothing I can talk about yet. Especially with the 20th anniversary coming up, we did some really exciting stuff that’s gonna be airing this coming Saturday that I’m super pumped about. So it’s a really good time for all of us … most of the people who work on Toonami have been working on it for literally 20 years. It’s really weird for all of us, but it’s also cool because we’re still able to do this; and we’ve loved doing this since day one, and we still love doing it. So I have nothing to complain about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom