• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, so apparently the hot springs episode would be problematic even today.
but vampires & zombie nazis eating babies = a-ok

But really? Looking at the episode, there's only like one scene that lasts about 5 seconds showing Aisha's (not very detailed) nipples, plus one or two shots with butts (which...should be okay via today's standards).

I think some company called "AEsir Holdings".

....who is owned by Section23 Films, the same company who owns Sentai.
They better fucking not redub it...whole thing sounds like a shadow corporation.
latest

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can find who owns the Australian rights for it of all things (Siren Visual), but US-wise, having more trouble.

Neoxon

I wish as an "anniversary present", we were told what Jojo (which has a month left) or Unicorn's replacement would be, but considering we just learned of Tokyo Ghoul a week ago, I can't see that happening.
I'd imagine that Toonami would go straight to Stardust Crusaders with JoJo, seeing as it'd be the dub's premiere. Not sure about Unicorn, though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd imagine that Toonami would go straight to Stardust Crusaders with JoJo, seeing as it'd be the dub's premiere. Not sure about Unicorn, though.
I figured they'd have a sgow between Parts 2 & 3 to not run into "long running fatigue" & lets Viz have a few more months to finish up the dub.

If we got Part 3 right after Part 2, that'd be neat, but I also can see why they'd wait until after another show got its timeslot for a few months.

Neoxon

I figured they'd have a show between Parts 2 & 3 to not run into "long running fatigue" & lets Viz have a few more months to finish up the dub.

If we got Part 3 right after Part 2, that'd be neat, but I also can see why they'd wait until after another show got its timeslot for a few months.
Judging by the Twitter account of Richard Epcar (the English voice of
Old Joseph Joestar
), they seem to be nearly done with the Stardust Crusaders dub.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to having Mob Psycho 100 keep the bench warm between Battle Tendency & Stardust Crusaders. Though I'd imagine having a show in between would be better served for the time between Stardust Crusaders & Diamond is Unbreakable, especially since Viz Media doesn't have a cast for that, yet.

Judging by the Twitter account of Richard Epcar (the English voice of
Old Joseph Joestar
), they seem to be nearly done with the Stardust Crusaders dub.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to having Mob Psycho 100 keep the bench warm between Battle Tendency & Stardust Crusaders. Though I'd imagine having a show in between would be better served for the time between Stardust Crusaders & Diamond is Unbreakable, especially since Viz Media doesn't have a cast for that, yet.

Even if Toonami went straight into SC it'll end up being over a year for toonami to run the whole series with marathons and such viz will probably have part 4's dub ready by then.

cntr

Banned
I'd also bet that Tokyo Ghoul will be replaced by Lupin III (unless another slot opens up somehow), 'cause they probably have that ready too.

Mob's only 12 episodes, so it wouldn't be that long between BT and SDC.

Neoxon

I'd also bet that Tokyo Ghoul will be replaced by Lupin III (unless another slot opens up somehow), 'cause they probably have that ready too.

Mob's only 12 episodes, so it wouldn't be that long between BT and SDC.
True, but I've been waiting 3 years for the Stardust Crusaders dub.

Tenumi

Banned
Think I'll be trying to buy and watch Resurrection F before we get to that DB Super arc. It's been interesting to see the differences with the Battle of Gods arc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Things that happened 20 years ago, the same year Toonami premiered:

- Pokemon premiered on TV Tokyo
- Final Fantasy 7, Mario Kart 64, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Star Fox 64, Parappa the Rapper, & Diddy Kong Racing came out
- South Park debuted on TV
- Titanic & Men in Black came to theaters, along with the Star Wars Special Editions
- Clinton started his second term as president

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom