• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
That actually works out really well, since the second to last Battle Tendency episode has an abrupt ending. Watching them together makes it even better!

e: also, since Stardust Crusaders seems like it's going to be a big dub premier, I can see them wanting to give Battle Tendency a special finale. Nobody's really going to mind Tokyo Ghoul missing a week.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Attack On Titan S2 coming on April 22nd now, Double JoJo on the 15th.

That's...odd. Why make this change just two days after you ran an on-air promo for the start date, though? That also disrupts Tokyo Ghoul after episode 3, which hardly seems helpful for it.

Christ, when an edgy hour that AoT/Tokyo Ghoul combo is going to be.

I'm hoping all the future JoJo seasons get back-to-back slots for their finales. I know it's just a coincidence here, but let's set a precedent! lol

That's...odd. Why make this change just two days after you ran an on-air promo for the start date, though?

If I had to make a wild shot in the dark, they're doing this to make sure they've aired enough episodes so that they can do an AOT marathon in July.

zulux21

I'm going to give AoT an honest to god chance this time unlike S1 where I checked out due to Edge after 5 episodes

o_O

if you didn't watch season 1 season 2 likely isn't going to do much for you.

it just continues the story from season 1 and assumes you watched season 1.

you have like 20 days, you should just give season 1 a watch or if you don't want to, then likely just do a hard skip on season 2 o_O

I'm more than happy with this. The last episode was crap.

see, I don't even need to know what episode you are on to know that is a true statement, because that is always a true statement :p
the manga is still a decent read though.

Yeah, that seems like a cool way to see the finale of part 2.

People who haven't seen the finale of part 2 are gonna love it.

It's the best finale in my opinion.

Raxus

I'm going to give AoT an honest to god chance this time unlike S1 where I checked out due to Edge after 5 episodes

First episode of Season 2 is pretty good IMO. I will hold off on watching the rest and just watch the dub with you guys.

Seeing the finale of JoJo as a 2 parter is pretty fortitous as many have pointed out. Sadly I think that is also my weekend to work D:

Chase17

So Sand Whale and Me finale followed up by an hour block Jojo finale. What a night!

Persona 5 tomorrow. Release of this game snuck up on me.

I feel like I should rewatch the first season of Attack on Titan. I haven't seen an ep since I watched the sub in I'd like to say 2014. All I remember is not liking Eren.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay judging by Anime Boston impressions, Sabat will be doing
Fake Sanji in the dub and is doing an impression of the 4Kids Sanji voice.
Hahahahaahahahahahaha, PERFECT

Also, woah, didn't realize double Jojo = AoT a week earlier. Wonder why they changed the date not long after its confirmation. Granted, again, double Jojo is awesome, especially since it's the final two episodes, but weird how Jojo has gotten double episodes twice now, yet even DBZ only got it once.

Not-related, but there's some Dark Souls shit going on in France.

tumblr_nvz6uzh36U1rlaql2o6_540.gif

This is a really cool sculpture. More info here.

Moaradin

I'm pretty glad Attack on Titan season 2 is only 12 episodes. Hopefully this means less production issues and much better pacing. AOT has a lot of cool things about it despite the issues, and if this means more focus on the cool stuff and a lot less of the bullshit, then I'm all for it.

Double the JoJo is always good with me. I already read Tokyo Ghoul's manga and watched some of the first part of the anime so I'm good with JoJo taking over for a day. Heck, JoJo can replace TG any day in my book. I'll be waiting for the next season to air, I guess. I'll probably check out season 2 of AoT. I never really cared a lot for the show though.

Gundam Quiz time:

Tell me the difference between:

Zeon Zum Deikun
Zeonism
The Principality of Zeon
The Duchy of Zeon
The Republic of Zeon
Axis Zeon
Neo Zeon
Zeon Remnants
The Zeon War of Independence
The First Neo Zeon war
The Second Neo Zeon War
The Third Neo Zeon War
Zeonic
Zeonic Toyota
Zeong
Neo Zeong
SIEG ZEON

Gundam Quiz time:

Zeon Zum Deikun
Zeonism
The Principality of Zeon
The Duchy of Zeon
The Republic of Zeon
Axis Zeon
Neo Zeon
Zeon Remnants
The First Neo Zeon war
The Second Neo Zeon War
The Third Neo Zeon War
Zeonic
Zeonic Toyota
Zeong
Neo Zeong
SIEG ZEON

I know some of these words.

Grexeno

Gundam Quiz time:

Zeon Zum Deikun
Zeonism
The Principality of Zeon
The Duchy of Zeon
The Republic of Zeon
Axis Zeon
Neo Zeon
Zeon Remnants
The First Neo Zeon war
The Second Neo Zeon War
The Third Neo Zeon War
Zeonic
Zeonic Toyota
Zeong
Neo Zeong
SIEG ZEON
Uh

Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell

Gundam Quiz time:

Zeon Zum Deikun
Zeonism
The Principality of Zeon
The Duchy of Zeon
The Republic of Zeon
Axis Zeon
Neo Zeon
Zeon Remnants
The First Neo Zeon war
The Second Neo Zeon War
The Third Neo Zeon War
Zeonic
Zeonic Toyota
Zeong
Neo Zeong
SIEG ZEON
Like Gundam names. Half if these sound fake.

So what's the deal going to be with Attack on Titan? When it airs on the 22nd or whatever, will it then just go on a weekly basis, so a few weeks behind the anime? I'd like to watch on the website because of my TV subscription. Also, will it be dub/sub?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, it'll air every week (aside from when there'll be marathons due to holidays) at 12:30. & it'll be the dub.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So what's the deal going to be with Attack on Titan? When it airs on the 22nd or whatever, will it then just go on a weekly basis, so a few weeks behind the anime? I'd like to watch on the website because of my TV subscription. Also, will it be dub/sub?

Yes, yes and dubbed.

So TV-QUALITY AoT on Toonami instead of the redone Blu-ray quality, huh?

The production values will be fine, of course, as it's just 12 episodes. But, that is still interesting.

Seda

That's a weird/random change. I guess they really want to air Attack on Titan? Anyway that moves Tokyo Ghoul's end date back one week, Jojo's up one week, and Attack on Titan's up one week. I haven't posted this in a while so here:

(these are the date that each series finale airs)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: April 15
Samurai Jack (Season 5): May 20
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096: June 3
Attack on Titan S2: July 8
Tokyo Ghoul: September 9
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: July 29 (1st season), January 27, 2018 (2nd GIG)
Dragonball Z Kai: The Final Chapters: March 3, 2018
Hunter x Hunter: March 23, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: ┐(ツ)┌
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA.... :(

(I think these are right)

I feel like I should rewatch the first season of Attack on Titan. I haven't seen an ep since I watched the sub in I'd like to say 2014. All I remember is not liking Eren.

I don't think the audience is supposed to like Eren.

That's a weird/random change. I guess they really want to air Attack on Titan? Anyway that moves Tokyo Ghoul's end date back one week, Jojo's up one week, and Attack on Titan's up one week. I haven't posted this in a while so here:

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: April 15
Samurai Jack (Season 5): May 20
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096: June 3
Attack on Titan S2[:/B] July 8
Tokyo Ghoul: September 9
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: July 29 (1st season), January 27, 2018 (2nd GIG)
Dragonball Z Kai: The Final Chapters: March 3, 2018
Hunter x Hunter: March 23, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: ┐(ツ)┌
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA.... :(

(I think these are right)

I don't think the audience is supposed to like Eren.

Did you take potential marathons into account, because by my estimation, AOT should be ending on 7/22 if there are marathons in May and July.

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think is the ugliest show that's been on Toonami besides Tenchi Muyo! GXP?

I'm gonna say Beware the Batman.

Jack is trying to fight off these robots with a pot lid and a stick with a mutton chop tied to it. Foolish samurai. Is Cree Summer in this ep?

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think is the ugliest show that's been on Toonami besides Tenchi Muyo! GXP?

I'm gonna say Beware the Batman.

I'd say beware the batman looks worse then gxp. You can take screen shots and gifs of gxp and make it look decent. Unless the later half that was so boring I fell asleep during the marathon got a massive improvement btb always looked hideous.

Some monster rolled up on Jack and Egra? and got merced. I'm going to need some fan art of her for...science...yeah science. Jack just tamed this flying creature by bitch smacking it upside its head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom