• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gundam Quiz time:

Tell me the difference between:

Zeon Zum Deikun
Zeonism
The Principality of Zeon
The Duchy of Zeon
The Republic of Zeon
Axis Zeon
Neo Zeon
Zeon Remnants
The Zeon War of Independence
The First Neo Zeon war
The Second Neo Zeon War
The Third Neo Zeon War
Zeonic
Zeonic Toyota
Zeong
Neo Zeong
SIEG ZEON

Zeon Zum Deikun - Char's daddy. Philosopher who was assassinated by the Zabi's who took over his ideals and corrupted them into space nazism.
Zeonism - Char's daddies philosophy. Humans who live in space are evolving and need to live in space to further said evolution, i.e. not have their souls weighed down by earth's gravity.
The Principality of Zeon - The Zabi's renamed the Republic of Zeon to this.
The Duchy of Zeon - Also known as the Principality of Zeon.
The Republic of Zeon - Char's daddy's breakaway republic. After the Zabi's took over they renamed it the Principality of Zeon.
Axis Zeon - After the one year war, political leadership of Zeon transferred to an asteroid base named Axis. This is the group that leads Zeon from the end of MSG to the end of Zeta Gundam. They are a neutral third party in the Titans/AEUG war.
Neo Zeon - After the AEUG and Titans defeat each other at the end of Zeta Gundam, this group takes over control of the colonies and wages war against the earth. A renamed Axis Zeon, lead by a standin of Mineva Zabi.
Zeon Remnants - Remaining Zeonic forces on earth between the formal conflicts.
The Zeon War of Independence - The War that starts with Side 3 declaring independence but before the outbreak of the One Year War. Char was a war hero and this is the conflict with the nukes, gas, colony drops and the advent of mobile suits.
The First Neo Zeon war - After the end of the Titan/AEUG war depicted in Zeta Gundam the Zeons were left as the only major power in the earth sphere. They are fought off nearly single handily by the crew of the Argama and a wacky crew of newtype kids.
The Second Neo Zeon War - Char's Counterattack! Char, after being a good guy for too long, decides to wipe out humanity by dropping Axis on earth, forcibly enacting his father's philosophy. He decides to work together with his mortal enemy to stop this at the last moment because reasons.
The Third Neo Zeon War - GUNDAM UNICRON!
Zeonic - Pertaining to Zeon.
Zeonic Toyota - 3x faster than other Toyotas, comes in Char Red.
Zeong - A mobile suit.
Neo Zeong - Another mobile suit.
SIEG ZEON - Hail Zeon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man God, please explain "Full Frontal".

Awesome Gundam tradition of wildly inappropriate names.

I've not seen all of Gundam Unicron but I believe him to be a clone of Char Aznable, the red comet of Zeon! Also known as AEUG hero Quattro Begeena.

He's the Gundam equivalent of Solid Snake. Fucking Aku "No Fooooool."
tumblr_inline_nlskhp3JJK1rijxnz.gif

Aku is a god tier troll holy shit. I'm not sure who's better him or Dio.

Line_HTX

So, I've been sick for the entire weekend, and missed out on some news, even today's. Interesting that Toonami is putting AoT S2 one week earlier than previously announced.

I hope the dub is still spectacular and more of BRYCE YELLING, lol

cntr

Banned
Gundam Quiz time:

Tell me the difference between:

Zeon Zum Deikun
Zeonism
The Principality of Zeon
The Duchy of Zeon
The Republic of Zeon
Axis Zeon
Neo Zeon
Zeon Remnants
The Zeon War of Independence
The First Neo Zeon war
The Second Neo Zeon War
The Third Neo Zeon War
Zeonic
Zeonic Toyota
Zeong
Neo Zeong
SIEG ZEON
Zeon Zum Deikun - A guy with a fetish for psychics.
Zeonism - Even souls have mass!
The Principality of Zeon - Pretty much the same thing as the Duchy.
The Duchy of Zeon - Pretty much the same thing as the Principality.
The Republic of Zeon - Zeon 2.0. Now with more 100% more democracy!
Axis Zeon - Zeon 2.0. Now with more 100% more space nazi!
Neo Zeon - Space Neo Nazis. Literally.
Zeon Remnants - The main characters of Gundam: Attack on Titan.
The Zeon War of Independence - What if space nazis really really fucking hated Australia?
The First Neo Zeon war - War with a bunch of guys led by a schoolgirl.
The Second Neo Zeon War - What if Char was an idiot? This would happen.
The Third Neo Zeon War - What if some guys had sleeves that were too fancy? Go to war with them!
Zeonic - Adjective formation is dumb.
Zeonic Toyota - Zonic's Japanese neo space nazi car.
Zeong - Legs are stupid, they're only useful if your soul is weighed down by gravity.
Neo Zeong - Sorry, feet are stupid.
SIEG ZEON - Move every Sieg. For great Zeon.

Char appeared in Gundam Zeta with a disguise (a pair of sunglasses), calling himself "Quattro Bajeena", aka "Quattro Vagina"

so the guy who wrote the Unicorn novel thought "it'd be really funny to call back to Zeta and give new Char another stupid lewd name" and decided to call him Full Frontal.

cntr

Banned
The only thing I know about Beware the Batman is that it replaced the greatness that was Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and that it looked like shit.

Moaradin

So, I've been sick for the entire weekend, and missed out on some news, even today's. Interesting that Toonami is putting AoT S2 one week earlier than previously announced.

I hope the dub is still spectacular and more of BRYCE YELLING, lol

I still think the AoT dub is pretty good and Bryce did a good job with the material he was given. I think a lot of people were a bit hard on him, and I don't blame them. We were pretty much bombarded with him for a while. Blue Exorcist, Sword Art Online, and Attack on Titan all had him as the leading role and I think we got them pretty close to each other. Outside of that, I think he did a good job and fit the character.

I am pretty interested in the dubbing for this show in general. Funimation must be extremely confident to air a simuldub practically 2 weeks behind the Japanese airing, especially since AOT was a big dub for them. They got a lot of talent outside of their local pool of VAs for this one. Hope we don't see episodes getting delayed because they couldn't finish on time lol.

cntr

Banned
So persona is totally just JoJo in video game form right?
Yeah, Persona took inspiration from Jojo. Persona 4 straight up takes its plot from Diamond is Unbreakable.

They also include a bunch of joke references like Persona 2 having Nazis like Part 2, Persona 3 evokers coming from
the beginning of Part 3
, and Persona 5 being
about criminals, like Part 5
. Persona 1 doesn't reference Part 1, tho.

*looking at Yooka Laylee review thread, people being particularly angry about Jim's review*

"More like idiot Sterling"

I wonder if an adult wrote that.

Morlas

I'll probably pick Yooka-Laylee up when it comes out for Switch, also Naoto is clearly the best in P4...the only persona game i've played is Persona Q.

We got Shinobu though, so Jojo Part 4 is better with waifu's.
Yeah anime Shinobu really is top tier, but why should we compare the fully developed residents of Milfiocho to teenagers? I guess I was looking at it from a high school girl perspective...than again the background girls in Part 4 are cute as well
Not to mention everybody's favorite ghost.
I'll probably pick Yooka-Laylee up when it comes out for Switch, also Naoto is clearly the best in P4...the only persona game i've played is Persona Q.
Naoto is my favorite. I run the waifu squad in Persona 4.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
*looking at Yooka Laylee review thread, people being particularly angry about Jim's review*

I've come to realize a lot of kids I know are more eloquent and astute than a lot of adults.

Certainty more than a lot of gamers.

I've come to realize a lot of kids I know are more eloquent and astute than a lot of adults.

Yep, definitely. I think the internet makes it worse... Anybody can say anything behind avatar and make that seem like an excuse like "Nobody really knows me so I can say/type anything now!" Then again, there are definitely people on places on the internet like Facebook/Twitter that don't hide anything they think/believe or don't think things through as fast as their mouth moves.

That's why I usually extra careful when I post things or say things. I do cringe at my high school self sometimes when I see those memory posts on my Facebook every once and while. Embarrassment ahoy!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO PERSONA 5

Yep, definitely. I think the internet makes it worse... Anybody can say anything behind avatar and make that seem like an excuse like "Nobody really knows me so I can say/type anything now!" Then again, there are definitely people on places on the internet like Facebook/Twitter that don't hide anything they think/believe or don't think things through as fast as their mouth moves.

That's why I usually extra careful when I post things or say things. I do cringe at my high school self sometimes when I see those memory posts on my Facebook every once and while. Embarrassment ahoy!
Oh god, yeah, I feel so ashamed at my behavior when I was younger, especially when I was newer to forums. I'm still so surprised that in 2009, when I was only 17, few months from turning 18, I was actually chosen to be a moderator for Capcom's official forums, but I think it's thanks to that I've learned how to be a better all around poster, mainly how to deal with people who just want to argue/put up a fight because they don't agree with you.

Plus I just value my online accounts too much to risk doing anything that'd put them in danger of getting banned/deleted.

Morlas

Fortunately for me being in various raiding guilds in wow helped me learn not how to be an ass on the internet...i got all my ass out being an idiot in an mmo...

*how to not

On the subject of internet anonymity and the excessive shitlord problems which have sprung up because of it - I am so very grateful to frequent this forum from now on instead of dumb MAL or a certain un4chanate website.

Still need to work on ignoring YouTube comments, though. Wish they'd just be gotten rid of altogether to be quite honest

Zeon Zum Deikun - Char's daddy. Philosopher who was assassinated by the Zabi's who took over his ideals and corrupted them into space nazism.
Zeonism - Char's daddies philosophy. Humans who live in space are evolving and need to live in space to further said evolution, i.e. not have their souls weighed down by earth's gravity.
The Principality of Zeon - The Zabi's renamed the Republic of Zeon to this.
The Duchy of Zeon - Also known as the Principality of Zeon.
The Republic of Zeon - Char's daddy's breakaway republic. After the Zabi's took over they renamed it the Principality of Zeon.
Axis Zeon - After the one year war, political leadership of Zeon transferred to an asteroid base named Axis. This is the group that leads Zeon from the end of MSG to the end of Zeta Gundam. They are a neutral third party in the Titans/AEUG war.
Neo Zeon - After the AEUG and Titans defeat each other at the end of Zeta Gundam, this group takes over control of the colonies and wages war against the earth. A renamed Axis Zeon, lead by a standin of Mineva Zabi.
Zeon Remnants - Remaining Zeonic forces on earth between the formal conflicts.
The Zeon War of Independence - The War that starts with Side 3 declaring independence but before the outbreak of the One Year War. Char was a war hero and this is the conflict with the nukes, gas, colony drops and the advent of mobile suits.
The First Neo Zeon war - After the end of the Titan/AEUG war depicted in Zeta Gundam the Zeons were left as the only major power in the earth sphere. They are fought off nearly single handily by the crew of the Argama and a wacky crew of newtype kids.
The Second Neo Zeon War - Char's Counterattack! Char, after being a good guy for too long, decides to wipe out humanity by dropping Axis on earth, forcibly enacting his father's philosophy. He decides to work together with his mortal enemy to stop this at the last moment because reasons.
The Third Neo Zeon War - GUNDAM UNICRON!
Zeonic - Pertaining to Zeon.
Zeonic Toyota - 3x faster than other Toyotas, comes in Char Red.
Zeong - A mobile suit.
Neo Zeong - Another mobile suit.
SIEG ZEON - Hail Zeon.

Zeonic is one of two mobile suit manucturers during the one year war for the principality of zeon. The other was Zimmand

You did well, but not good enough. D+

So I watched Redline last night after I got off from work, this anime movie created by Studio Madhouse. It was like Wacky Races on acid. I really recommend it.

Crocodile

What I still don't get and never have is "Person X gave a game I like or was looking forward to a bad score! Ergo that person is BAD!". People need to step back and stop getting so invested in shit like videogames. As long as the reviewer played the game and justify their review text/score well, it doesn't matter what score they gave it.

Mizerman

On the subject of internet anonymity and the excessive shitlord problems which have sprung up because of it - I am so very grateful to frequent this forum from now on instead of dumb MAL or a certain un4chanate website.

Still need to work on ignoring YouTube comments, though. Wish they'd just be gotten rid of altogether to be quite honest

A wise choice.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
What I still don't get and never have is "Person X gave a game I like or was looking forward to a bad score! Ergo that person is BAD!". People need to step back and stop getting so invested in shit like videogames. As long as the reviewer played the game and justify their review text/score well, it doesn't matter what score they gave it.

I will note that with Yooka-Laylee many were invested in the game in the sense they paid money to have this game made.

I will note that with Yooka-Laylee many were invested in the game in the sense they paid money to have this game made.

Yeah, and the good AND bad reviews all say the same thing "for better or worse they delivered exactly what they promised". The score seems to fluctuate on if being what was promised was a good thing or a bad thing which I'd imagine most backers would view as a good thing.

Crocodile

Wouldn't it be too soon for FLCL? Did that VA have a role in the original dubs? I assume AS will want to preserve as much as the original cast as possible (though I guess only Haruka is a returning character?)

The thing is, as Bass alludes to, people who are upset don't seem to be upset at Playtonic (who seem to have delivered the product they promised from the late 1990s for better or worse) but at some reviewers - especially Sterling. That's what I mean when I say some people need to chill a bit. I feel if you read between the lines between all the reviews, you can tell if YL will or won't deliver on your desires/expectations.

The absolutely dumbest shit though is when people start digging up old reviews to discredit a reviewer.

"Oh, well he didn't like ________, so it's no surprise he sucks at reviewing!"

Because being a good reviewer means never ever having a opinion that runs contrary to the mass.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Wouldn't it be too soon for FLCL? Did that VA have a role in the original dubs? I assume AS will want to preserve as much as the original cast as possible (though I guess only Haruka is a returning character?)

The thing is, as Bass alludes to, people who are upset don't seem to be upset at Playtonic (who seem to have delivered the product they promised from the late 1990s for better or worse) but at some reviewers - especially Sterling. That's what I mean when I say some people need to chill a bit. I feel if you read between the lines between all the reviews, you can tell if YL will or won't deliver on your desires/expectations.

Honestly I am just kind of avoiding the whole thing because, well, I find it best to ignore review tempests.

The absolutely dumbest shit though is when people start digging up old reviews to discredit a reviewer.

"Oh, well he didn't like ________, so it's no surprise he sucks at reviewing!"

Because being a good reviewer means never ever having a opinion that runs contrary to the mass.

I'm gonna say it's valid on a personal level though, if a critic frequently has an opinion that differs from you own you should stop giving their reviews and impressions the time of day. Case in point if I'm tired of the COD series and someone says "8-10/10 it's more of the same" and their last several reviews were "8-10 more of the same" I've got a good idea not to personally trust their opinion on that game.

I'm gonna say it's valid on a personal level though, if a critic frequently has an opinion that differs from you own you should stop giving their reviews and impressions the time of day. Case in point if I'm tired of the COD series and someone says "8-10/10 it's more of the same" and their last several reviews were "8-10 more of the same" I've got a good idea not to personally trust their opinion on that game.

Yeah that's fair if you're using it to recognize that you just have conflicting tastes with a critic but in the grand majority of the cases it's used as some type of cheap "gotcha" to de-legitimize a critic's opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom