• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They should convince Watanabe to do a second season of Cowboy Bebop seeing how they are apparently trying to go all out on anime at this point.

Morlas

Come on guys i know you guys are chomping at the bit for the Chad spinoff set in Mexico...but seriously i hope the new FLCL is good.

So some people are saying Persona 5 has some weird translations. I can't comment on it since I haven't played or watched the game at all, and really know nothing about the series.

That said, depending on how the game was localized, I kinda like weird translations.

That particular post was satire.

Oh geez, I've hit the point where I just can't tell anymore.

Grexeno

wooooooooooo, plz let it happen. Kind of surprised DeMarco has been open with Part 3 hitting the block, but guess he figures people will no doubt question him about it after getting the first season.
It screams "we've already signed the contract so who gives a fuuuuuccckkk"

Ray Down

Banned
That shit was an Adult Swim mainstay for years. If they could, they wouldn't hesitate.
The series has long since past its prime in the states and Japan.

Any interest by now is deader than Caesar.

The 15th anniversary is over and unless the live action movie causes interest in the property to come back, it's dead.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Their positive reaction to Jojo is great, & makes me hopeful Part 4 will eventually air next year or so. Still waiting for Viz to announce the dub cast.

Neoxon

For those who can't see it says "will you air stardust crusaders after aot s2" and the answer is basically "most likely we love jojo"
I think that's what most of us expected. As much as I wanted Toonami to jump straight to Stardust Crusaders, I can respect giving the series a little breathing room between parts (especially to get the AoT S2 dub out sooner).

We already know the best part of jojo will air dubbed in a few months, part 4 can pound sand show took way too long to get going

Did you manage to get through it? For me and some others, the first halves of both Stardust Crusaders and Part 4 were mostly just alright, while the latter halves were much more engaging, imo

Moaradin

The first half of Part 4 was a lot more enjoyable to me because of how much better it handles the monster of the week format compared to Part 3. Plus I think it just has a better cast in general.

So far eps 6&7 have been really good eps of Samurai Jack. The cinematography for ep 7 was really god damn good.
The first half of Part 4 was a lot more enjoyable to me because of how much better it handles the monster of the week format compared to Part 3. Plus I think it just has a better cast in general.
Part 4 requires some patience but it's legit some top tier bombastic meme creating shit. The cast is way better than SDC as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think that's what most of us expected. As much as I wanted Toonami to jump straight to Stardust Crusaders, I can respect giving the series a little breathing room between parts (especially to get the AoT S2 dub out sooner).
Agreed, especially with how long Part 3 is, I'm fine with a "breather" show, especially if it's only 12 episodes.

Plus there's also the fact the characters have much more interesting powers. I feel like the same way Part 2 improved on Hamon & the "bizarre", Part 4 is when Araki started coming up with more unique Stands for everyone.

Agreed, especially with how long Part 3 is, I'm fine with a "breather" show, especially if it's only 12 episodes.

Plus there's also the fact the characters have much more interesting powers. I feel like the same way Part 2 improved on Hamon & the "bizarre", Part 4 is when Araki started coming up with more unique Stands for everyone.
Echoes Act 3,
where even the user
asks his stand what the fuck it just did.

giphy.gif

Regiruler

Remember some of the bizarre-ass episode previews for the second season of dandy? The one for the third episode (with the fish) was funnier than the episode itself.

Did you manage to get through it? For me and some others, the first halves of both Stardust Crusaders and Part 4 were mostly just alright, while the latter halves were much more engaging, imo

Personal taste, I can't stand the main cast of part 4 outside of Jotaro. Josuke is by far my least favorite Jojo, Okuyasu is too stupid to enjoy, Koichi was too inconsistent between wuss and bad ass. Rohan seemed cool but where I stopped watching part 4 he had only just started to be part of the good guys team. The only thing I prefer about part 4 is the animation itself, its amazing. I'll admit some of the stand powers are more unique, but if I can't get invested in the characters their fights aren't as fun as they should be.

Personal taste, I can't stand the main cast of part 4 outside of Jotaro. Josuke is by far my least favorite Jojo, Okuyasu is too stupid to enjoy, Koichi was too inconsistent between wuss and bad ass. Rohan seemed cool but where I stopped watching part 4 he had only just started to be part of the good guys team. The only thing I prefer about part 4 is the animation itself, its amazing. I'll admit some of the stand powers are more unique, but if I can't get invested in the characters their fights aren't as fun as they should be.
giphy.gif

Episode 7 won a few awards if I recall correctly. I can see why it's good, but it's not my favorite.
I just begun, I'm pretty sure I'll have more favorite episodes.

As someone who didnt like the other Personas, Persona 5 is amazing

I can see that as someone that has played and liked Persona 3 and 4 and has been liking P5 a lot so far. I've only played a little though (After School 4/18), but I can see a lot of people liking this more than the others because of the faster start and the tone of the story.

I can't wait to play more when I get home from college later today!

ckohler

I've got six hours in so far and it's fantastic. The story certainly is darker than P4. I knew it would be.. but damn. I'm loving the main crew already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom